It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye for an Eye in the Islamic Republic of Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Five people are in prison in Iran awaiting blinding with acid as punishment as the regime struggles to find a doctor to perform the procedure.
Yes of course, as any doctor who performs this barbaric act will go against their Hippocratic Oath.

Iran has a law of retribution called qisas, under which punishments are designed to match the crime that was perpetrated. In cases where criminals have blinded people by throwing acid into their faces, the Iranian regime metes out the same fate to the criminal.
I could not care less what religious laws they practice, but this inhumane act is against all that Human Rights stand for. And people please don't post: "I don't live their, so it's not my worry" as seen on many posts of late.....www.clarionproject.org...

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

If you throw acid on some1 you deserve the same treatment, period. I agree with Iran on this one, it makes people think twice before comitting barbaric acts.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

So, you could quite easily live in a barbaric world? sounds like it, but NOT for me,each to their own.....

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Can't say i totally disagree with this one.

If you throw acid on someones face then you have whats coming to you.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yeah, considering these guys did a barbaric thing to someone, I am not sure how much I care about their feelings.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Count me as a supporter of this type policy.

So many people whine about crime in this country. I'd dare say that things would be drastically different (in a positive way) if we also had these type laws.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Yeah, I swing to both sides of this argument. For something like this I am pro eye for an eye. But for people with drug addictions who do something stupid I am pro treatment. Just depends.

If you rape someone, hey I'm sure we can facilitate that. If you throw acid on someones face I'm almost 100% positive we can have that facilitate as well. Might give the real psychos in our society a productive way out of being serial killers.

Win wins in my book.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yes of course, as any doctor who performs this barbaric act will go against their Hippocratic Oath.

They dont follow a Hippocratic Oath in Bass-Ackwards Iran

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Give 3 doctors cups, 2 filled with acid and 1 with water.

Throw them in the face at the same time on 3.

Done.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There's a famous story about Al Sa'ud, the founder of the ruling family of Saudi Arabia.

It goes something like this. A guy was picking dates up in a huge date palm tree, first thing in the morning. He slipped and fell, and landed on another man who happened to be walking to work, killing the commuter but leaving the date-picker unharmed.

The widow of the dead man could either have money, or an eye-for-an-eye type judgment. At the time, people always took the money. But this woman refused the money and demanded that the datepicker be executed.

So Al Sa-ud had his soldiers get are rope and haul her up the date tree, and then he was going to march the date-picker blindfolded under the tree. The widow hesitated, and said she wasn't sure she was agile enough to hit the man, and land squarely on him. Al Sa'ud said it was OK: that if she missed, they'd hoist her up and she could jump again and again until she killed the guy.

She agreed to take the money instead.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Five people are in prison in Iran awaiting blinding with acid as punishment as the regime struggles to find a doctor to perform the procedure.

Iran has a law of retribution called qisas, under which punishments are designed to match the crime that was perpetrated. In cases where criminals have blinded people by throwing acid into their faces, the Iranian regime metes out the same fate to the criminal.

I could not care less what religious laws they practice, but this inhumane act is against all that Human Rights stand for. And people please don't post: "I don't live their, so it's not my worry" as seen on many posts of late.....www.clarionproject.org...

Well if I was a doctor I would prefer to perform the surgery rather than have a crazy

As much as we find it abhorrent, for better or worse its their law, its their decision

Break the law of the land and suffer the justice of the country you are in

Surprisingly I dont have a problem with that.

Human rights? Only in those country's that honor that protocol, I would suggest blinding a person who blinded you is a human right in Iran

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon
Count me as a supporter of this type policy.

So many people whine about crime in this country. I'd dare say that things would be drastically different (in a positive way) if we also had these type laws.

Thats the thing that people dont seem to consider.
Innocents abused and the perpetrator is given human rights when their actions are inhumane.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Interesting how I just read a thread how the US government treated their own soldiers as guinea pigs, Bass-Ackwards Iran?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The clerics/govt maybe don't, but ALL doctors in the world swear to the same Hippocratic Oath.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What a terrible situation altogether.

As far as ATS'ers who find a need for judging others, does anyone remember the phrase that had something to do with "cast the first stone.." Just wondering.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Interesting how I just read a thread how the US government treated their own soldiers as guinea pigs, Bass-Ackwards Iran?

Just for you I will rephrase that - Bass-ackwards , back-woods , stuck in the 14th century Iran .
Feel better now ?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hmm...dont remember stating swear to it . I do believe my words were "follow it" . However , I am scrolling up to check.
Yep , I said follow and you even quoted .

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

What a terrible situation altogether.

As far as ATS'ers who find a need for judging others, does anyone remember the phrase that had something to do with "cast the first stone.." Just wondering.

"Cast the first stone"
Wasnt that Christs words, wasnt that about a woman being convicted of adultery?
Should we follow all Christs words, I whole heartedly agree, in every context, though some dont even think He existed.

Should we make Iran follow those teachings and how, kill those who dont?
I am not judging anyone, I am just mature enough to accept other cultures have a different philosophy, not much I can do about it either, I am not the worlds dictator.

As for "Cast the first stone", you will need to understand the context of the statement, very silly just picking and choosing what you want to from the bible.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Just for you I will rephrase that - Bass-ackwards , back-woods , stuck in the 14th century Iran .
Feel better now ?

Back ass backwards or Bass-Ackwards is fine, just dont think its the Iranians who are horrible to their people, think its a world wide condition, everywhere

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They dont follow a Hippocratic Oath
WHO are "They?? I spoke about the "Doctors" but you appear to include ever "tom,dick and harry"......anyway enjoy your day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join