It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Struggles to Find Footing in Unusual Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

While she enjoys many demographic advantages heading into the fall, key Democrats say they are growing worried that her campaign has not determined how to combat her unpredictable, often wily Republican rival, to whom criticism seldom sticks and rules of decorum seem not to apply.

Mrs. Clinton is pressing ahead with a conventional campaign, echoing the 2012 themes used against the Republican nominee that year, Mitt Romney. But Mr. Trump is running a jarringly different crusade: accusing her husband, former President Bill Clinton, of rape; proposing that the country conduct brutal methods of torture; and suggesting that South Korea and Japan be permitted to develop nuclear arms. Prominent Democrats say a more provocative approach is needed.

Quoting from the article above:

“The campaign needs to expose Donald Trump as the opposite — selfish, egomaniac, divisive and unqualified to be president,” Mr. Salazar said in an email.

I think Mr. Salazar just gave an excellent description of Obama in 2008. "Selfish, egomaniac, divisive and unqualified to be president", I think even a good percentage of Democrats would see it that way. And, almost all Republicans would see it that way.

I'm of the opinion that out-Trumping Trump by having Mark Cuban as Clinon's running mate would be a great choice. She isn't going to lose any support of Democrats that way. And, she's likely to gain a lot of Trump supporters.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

While she enjoys many demographic advantages heading into the fall, key Democrats say they are growing worried that her campaign has not determined how to combat her unpredictable, often wily Republican rival, to whom criticism seldom sticks and rules of decorum seem not to apply.

Mrs. Clinton is pressing ahead with a conventional campaign, echoing the 2012 themes used against the Republican nominee that year, Mitt Romney. But Mr. Trump is running a jarringly different crusade: accusing her husband, former President Bill Clinton, of rape; proposing that the country conduct brutal methods of torture; and suggesting that South Korea and Japan be permitted to develop nuclear arms. Prominent Democrats say a more provocative approach is needed.

Quoting from the article above:

“The campaign needs to expose Donald Trump as the opposite — selfish, egomaniac, divisive and unqualified to be president,” Mr. Salazar said in an email.

I think Mr. Salazar just gave an excellent description of Obama in 2008. "Selfish, egomaniac, divisive and unqualified to be president", I think even a good percentage of Democrats would see it that way. And, almost all Republicans would see it that way.

I'm of the opinion that out-Trumping Trump by having Mark Cuban as Clinon's running mate would be a great choice. She isn't going to lose any support of Democrats that way. And, she's likely to gain a lot of Trump supporters.

She does not need to win the support of republicans, at all. She needs to win the support of the Independents and shore up support in her own party. Selecting Mark Cuban will not do anything for her. Her VP selection will do little for her anyway. If she selects Elizabeth Warren it may help a little but it will be seen a hollow attempt at reaching out for the progressive vote. It will ring hollow because she has mocked or dismissed them this whole campaign.

Edit: Trump also needs the support of Independents but he does better among the IN than Hillary has done so far.
edit on 29-5-2016 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spav5

If she selects Elizabeth Warren it may help a little but

Just the opposite. Would do much harm to an already embattled and embittered campaign

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Just the opposite. Would do much harm to an already embattled and embittered campaign

Agreed, Warren sounds unhinged. Having two feminists and also liars on the ticket would be too much for people to take.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
edit:As a Woman,i'm even sick of feminists...

did i mention a virgoan perfectionst as well? lol

edit on 5/29/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Mark Cuban is open for VP with hillary or Trump, he said.

Which means, neither will want him.

Hillary is a mess.

She's a flatfooted fighter in the ring with Ali.

He'll take her in 2 rounds.

Warren? An all estrogen ticket? Seriously? Libs even!

Not in our lifetime they'd win. lol! But sow the seeds for future generations to learn.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Hillary is a mess.

Not in our lifetime they'd win. lol! But sow the seeds for future generations to learn.

If Mark Cuban would take either, that can only mean one thing. He's in it for himself and can't be trusted.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
On the serious side , Clinton needs a VP running mate that is more to the center. Someone like Bill minus the "wild child" side would be a great compliment to her far left agenda.

edit on 5/29/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

NICE LOL!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Agreed, Warren sounds unhinged. Having two feminists and also liars on the ticket would be too much for people to take.

Clinton is a feminist? Could've fooled me!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Hillary is a mess.

If Mark Cuban would take either, that can only mean one thing. He's in it for himself and can't be trusted.

Maybe true but Cuban is a pretty smart guy, if a bit egotistical.

In my opinion, it's probably more likely that when asked, his machismo rendered him unable to say he wasn't up to the job. Once he realizes him getting the nod is a real possibility, he offers to join either camp, effectively making it so neither camp would ultimately pick him and saddle him with a job he probably doesn't really want.

Total speculation, obviously. Just based on what I've seen from Cuban in the past. Frankly, I like the guy but would lose a lot of respect if he accepted the position from either candidate.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
trump's biggest mistake would be to become reasonable and presidential, he needs to keep attracting the crazies

hillary's biggest mistake would be to stoop to his level and roll in the gutter

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
trump's biggest mistake would be to become reasonable and presidential, he needs to keep attracting the crazies

Hahaha I'm sure there is definitely a sector of his support that would be totally turned off if he stopped acting like a jackwagon!

hillary's biggest mistake would be to stoop to his level and roll in the gutter

Of course it would, she would never dirty her pantsuit like that!

She pays other people to roll around in the gutter for her.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Does anyone know if ole Bernie Sanders still has a chance?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedPhilosopher

Does anyone know if ole Bernie Sanders still has a chance?

They'd (Clinton campaign, DNC) would like you to think no but I'd say with a potential indictment recommendation looming, anything is possible for Sanders. Even if she is not punished, an indictment recommendation would not play well for her in the court of public opinion.

Based on what I'm seeing this cycle though, I feel it is ripe for a third party to come in and score an upset win. I'd prefer it were the Libertarians but with the way things are going, I could see Bernie running independently if he doesnt get the nom, against Trump and Clinton, and doing very well for himself.

I wouldn't count him out yet.
edit on 5/29/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish
Perhaps Bernie will quit and endorse Trump. I couldn't see him endorsing Clinton not in a million.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to: atomish

This I would agree with you on.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I disagree with you. It will not be enough but it will not hurt her campaign in my opinion. Both candidates absolutely need the Independent vote. A VP selection like Warren might help placate the Independents. A selection "right" of that will do nothing but drive independents away(she desperately needs them).

I still think that it will not be enough but anything short of that will be a disastrous selection.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
No doubt Cuban would be in it for himself... I am still pretty sure Trump is doing this because he is salivating at the chance to shift work to his companies... is it immoral/illegal sure... but when has that ever stopped a billionaire.

top topics

join