It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 shot as Chicagoans host ‘Put the Weapons Down’ occasions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Chicago and Mayor Rahm Emanuel prepared for their event "Put the Guns Down" as 20 people got shot the day/night before.

The irony never ends.

There were protesters demanding police put their guns down !!

Chicago is getting ready for the long holiday weekend and the weather is good, and the lakefront beaches will be open.

Last night and early today, 15 people have been shot.

So far this year, more than 1400 people have been shot in Chicago !!!

Tragic: 15 shot as Chicagoans host ‘Put the Weapons Down’ occasions; The NRA is in charge how?

Watching Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel kick off his “Put the Guns Down” initiative was alleged to inspirational, nevertheless it turned out to be an entirely disheartening spectacle. Twenty individuals had been shot within the metropolis the night time earlier than, and Emanuel, dogged by protesters who needed police to place their weapons down, wearily introduced his hope that the town might go greater than 24 hours with out gun violence.

On the constructive aspect, handfuls of Chicagoans did begin the lengthy vacation weekend by internet hosting “Put the Weapons Down” occasions, and don’t inform the ACLU, however prayer performed an integral position.

We’re sorry to report that not everybody obtained the message. The lengthy vacation weekend stretches by means of Monday, however as of Saturday afternoon, no less than three had been reported shot and killed and 12 extra injured by gunfire. Amongst these killed was a 15-yr-previous woman.

Chicago Stats

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Guys, guys, guys.... it doesn't count because they didn't tell people not to shoot each other. There has to be clear lines here. Like, we need an exact time to be put out to all the local media in order to know exactly when we need to not shoot otherwise it doesn't count.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The stance that BLM took was....wait, they haven't done anything

Who would have thunk that....everyone who pays attention

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If a BLM march took place in Chicago only half of them would leave unscathed.

Chicago is a snapshot of the future, and in a matter of time race won't dictate alliances, access to resources will.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Chicago and Mayor Rahm Emanuel prepared for their event "Put the Guns Down" as 20 people got shot the day/night before.

The irony never ends.

There were protesters demanding police put their guns down !!

Chicago is getting ready for the long holiday weekend and the weather is good, and the lakefront beaches will be open.

Last night and early today, 15 people have been shot.

So far this year, more than 1400 people have been shot in Chicago !!!

Tragic: 15 shot as Chicagoans host ‘Put the Weapons Down’ occasions; The NRA is in charge how?

Watching Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel kick off his “Put the Guns Down” initiative was alleged to inspirational, nevertheless it turned out to be an entirely disheartening spectacle. Twenty individuals had been shot within the metropolis the night time earlier than, and Emanuel, dogged by protesters who needed police to place their weapons down, wearily introduced his hope that the town might go greater than 24 hours with out gun violence.

On the constructive aspect, handfuls of Chicagoans did begin the lengthy vacation weekend by internet hosting “Put the Weapons Down” occasions, and don’t inform the ACLU, however prayer performed an integral position.

We’re sorry to report that not everybody obtained the message. The lengthy vacation weekend stretches by means of Monday, however as of Saturday afternoon, no less than three had been reported shot and killed and 12 extra injured by gunfire. Amongst these killed was a 15-yr-previous woman.

Chicago Stats

I lived there for 9 years and repossessed cars as a side job. Was shot at 9 times over a 90 caprice from a high rise window. 3 hit the truck.

The food up there is great but the miscreants are gonna turn that place into another Detroit. Fckem.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who wrote this article, a 7 year old child? Is this what we have to look forward to in the future, bad grammar? I expect it will get a lot worse, but at least the article author at mixmatch might have used a spellchecker lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ill be in chicago on the 7th through the 14th to visit my dad, I am dreading that town, but can't wait to see my father, he is one rad effin dude!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
If a BLM march took place in Chicago only half of them would leave unscathed.

Chicago is a snapshot of the future, and in a matter of time race won't dictate alliances, access to resources will.

I've always felt that the "whoever" possible govt. mind doctors are letting this happen and study the true out of the "what ifs" aren't doing anything about this situation. America knew what happen to Detroit when the jobs left. Now Chicago will know when the guns are left to street bangers and thugs. To understand what is truly happening behind the scenes, you have to understand the economics of crime. More crime, more police (eating donuts of course in nice and safe neighborhoods), funeral homes keep'n busy (24 hrs a day), more money for prisons, also this is a thought, If you haven't really thought about it, the private prison industry is also behind letting crime take its path, good for the industry.
There is no reason why this is going on other then it is an economic and profitable for the few that let it continue. Just like the prosecution of people taking street drugs, its only allowed to profit those in charge (commonly known as govt. employees). What's is really going on is an "artificial underground economy" that in the will end up like Detroit, those with brains and money will move on, those in the crime ridden areas (which will spread into nice areas)that smarts and a bit of money too will move on, and only evil will be left behind.

I worked in Chicago downtown at what was then the Bismark hotel, and although rough at the time, I really didn't have too much fear walking back to place I was staying at around 7 pm at night.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
they're getting ready

Pleading for Peace in Chicago: ‘We Could Be Looking at a Blood Bath’

During Memorial Day weekend, this city reopens its Lake Michigan beaches, regular fireworks displays start at Navy Pier, and the downtown streets and spruced-up Riverwalk are crowded with tourists.

But the holiday weekend is often seen here as the start of heightened violence as well. That has been particularly worrying this year to community leaders and city officials, as they grapple with a rise in gun violence that has traumatized some neighborhoods and left city officials searching for new ways to subdue street crime.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
it only took one reply to turn this thread into a race thread.

thats gotta be almost a record.

so, ill add to it. here goes:

additional derogatory racial remark thinly veiled behind sarcasm and disdain. !

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Who wrote this article, a 7 year old child? Is this what we have to look forward to in the future, bad grammar? I expect it will get a lot worse, but at least the article author at mixmatch might have used a spellchecker lol.

Cheers - Dave

I was thinking it was just my exhaustion! I'm not even sure what half of that meant. Was it Google translated through 4 different languages perhaps? There was something in there about one of the victims having undergone a sec change from female to male 15 years ago I think - a 15-yr-previous woman?? What's the relevance of that?

Also, the talk of the beaches, as if anyone is going to be shot on the beaches. What people don't understand is there are a few really, really messed up neighborhoods in Chicago. The rest of the city is nothing like that.

For some reason, there's an agenda to portray the entire city as some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland. Unless you're planning on a bender in a crack house, you have very little to worry about.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Was shot at 9 times over a 90 caprice

More like the rims or drugs in the trunk.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I just got back from the US... and i must say. ive kinda relaxed my stance on gun control.

the more immediate problems going on in the US are nothing that guns/armed citizens could stop.

the gun control issue imo, is a distraction from the real problems!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Other cities/towns have been able to get a handle on their gang problems. Why can't Chicago? I know it's been El Chapo's main American drug hub, but with him gone, I thought things might get a little better.

Why the hell can't they get a handle on this? Their kids/young adults are killing each other!

I'm not bragging or anything, but my town had gang problems a decade ago. We developed a gang suppression team (law enforcement did, rather) and they put police sub-stations all over that side of town. So many vacant houses in those neighborhoods, so the police just moved into them and set up offices.

It broke them up. We're not the size of Chicago or anything, but we had bodies on the side of the interstates on Monday morning, drive-by shootings, and all the other mess that goes with it. We stopped it, and so have other places.

Chicago needs a new chief of police, new mayor, and a new task force. The current ones are ineffective. The feds should move in and do something, since they can't.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That's an alarming amount of shootings. About 10 a day. They need more than a feel good rally to 'Put the Weapons Down'. This is beyond serious. I don't know what to say but, the fan's been hit and something HAS to be done.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Chicago will never change unless gang culture changes and is rejected instead of embraced

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

I was thinking it was just my exhaustion! I'm not even sure what half of that meant. Was it Google translated through 4 different languages perhaps? There was something in there about one of the victims having undergone a sec change from female to male 15 years ago I think - a 15-yr-previous woman?? What's the relevance of that?

Also, the talk of the beaches, as if anyone is going to be shot on the beaches. What people don't understand is there are a few really, really messed up neighborhoods in Chicago. The rest of the city is nothing like that.

For some reason, there's an agenda to portray the entire city as some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland. Unless you're planning on a bender in a crack house, you have very little to worry about.

I've been to Chicago twice, most of it is pretty standard for any large city. It has more good than bad neighbourhoods and of course liberal amounts of political corruption. It doesn't help that Saul alinsky, err I mean rahm Emmanuel, is running the place. Is he there because of obama's sexual predilections or was he an old drug source? Still not sure what happened there, did obama order 2 cases of coke and a transsexual to go? Not judging, just wondering lol

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/28.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Chicago will never change unless gang culture changes and is rejected instead of embraced

Not only that, but the demonizing of the police when they try to do their job, and police proactively.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 29-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

repossessed cars as a side job
Your job does not surprise me from the nature of many of your posts.....

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

repossessed cars as a side job
Your job does not surprise me from the nature of many of your posts.....

I was 20 years old and in college. All piss and vinegar. It was an adrenaline rush.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join