It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grandpa's encounter with a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is my grandpa's story of an encounter with a UFO. There was an article in the Albany New York paper about this and many witnesses:

In 1971 I was a sergeant working the 6 to 2 shift on the sheriff's patrol. I was on the north side of the town of Knox when I got a radio call to go to a wilsey road in the town of Berne to meet another deputy who was interviewing a lady who said she had seen something over her barn. On the way along a lonely dark road I stopped the patrol car and got out to relieve myself on the side of the road. While I was doing this I heard a hum and thought it was the radio and I went to the driver's side window which was open to listen. Just then I was lit up by a powerful concintrated beam of light from above it scared the hell out of me and as I looked up it went away in a flash no sound. Just then the radio did come on and it was a deputy Ricka and he says sarge are you on your way here you are not going to believe what this lady says she saw. I returned his call saying I think I might because I think I just saw the same thing. When I got there the lady said she had seen a flying saucer hoovering over her barn. One thing I remember was her dog and it was acting strange as tho it was scared to death.

I did check with the Albany airport controllers to see if they had seen anything on their radar they said no but they had recieved numerous call from people who said they had seen something. Dorothy had read books about folks around the world who claimed they had seen similiar things and some said they would hoover over power wires. The next time I was on patrol I went up to wilsey road in the daylight and sure enough behind her barn were power wires.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
meshuggah1324, I already Like your grandpa, sounds like he might be from the same State that I'm from , or a far removed relative.. Some just can't separate real life from fiction?? I have... I sticking to my Hillbilly way of thinking, Nope, don't care you all think... I know what I saw, and it was with out the Moonshine, but I could be ready for a shot just about right now! I love it! Keep sharing!.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
He's the head judge in Albany New York now. He's really old. He's going to send me a copy of the new paper article, I'll try to scan and post it.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
meshuggah1324, Good, it continues to get better... Can't take away what is real, on behalf the backwoods Paper at the time, the Gov could not erase that event, as they do in many others. It's a wonder that Grandpa did not confess he pissed on himself to add creedence to the story... I guess I would, regardless of pride! But in all, it's a good account of what he realized.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Are you saying he's lying? If so I don't appreciate it. It was in the paper, and my grandpa is the most straight and good minded person on earth. He doesn't lie about anything. It was a true UFO encounter.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
meshuggah1324, No I'm Not saying he is lying... I'd be the last person to sya that... I just like your excitment trying to explain it... just getting caught up in the moment... continue to share.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What's with the power line part of the story. Were the UFO's stealing power from the power company? I wonder why we don't here those type of stories today.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't know what the deal with power lines is. We also hear stories today of UFOs coming to earth because of the earth's magnetic field so who knows? All I know is this thing that was over my grandpa while he was taking a piss on the side of the road left faster than any air craft we have today..... and this was in the 1970's

top topics

join