It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Young Turks Will Give $1 Million Dollars To Charity To Host Trump / Sanders Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Swills

One report says Trump wants 10 million to charity which Bernie nor TYT can do... but with that sociopath, who knows. I really hope it happens.

Sounds like pushing the goal posts back to me...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Aazadan

No, it's a lot of money. You try taking out a loan for a million dollars from a bank to start your small business.

If you're taking out less than 1 million, that explains why 95% of businesses fail. They're under funded from the beginning.

And just because it's not a lot of money doesn't mean it's easy to get.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wait, wait, wait, you know America is made up of mostly small businesses right? So you're saying small business would be owners should be taking out a million dollar loan, or more?

It is a lot of money. Who are you, Trump?
edit on 27-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
While i'd love to see a Trump - Sanders debate, I won't watch it if it's on The Young Turks. I can't stand them and their obnoxious holier-than-thou attitude towards everything. Literally cannot listen to Cenk talk about anything.
edit on -050003pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Wait, wait, wait, you know America is made up of mostly small businesses right? So you're saying small business would be owners should be taking out a million dollar loan, or more?

It is a lot of money. Who are you, Trump?

I'm scratching my head at this one, too.

What is the benchmark, the frame of reference? I'd think most business are started on far less than a million, including many that survive. It can take a hot minute to build a company to having a valuation of a million, let alone an operating budget that large, right?

Maybe I'm too ignorant in these things but a million dollar loan for your typical small business seems high to me.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
TYT pundits wear Bernie Sanders shirts during their broadcast's!
We are to believe the debate would be fare?
Funny thing is Trump would still mop the floor with the old man...

The whole charity gimmick it to just stir up emotions and use it as a countermeasure to accost Trump if he refuses. Like some members have already mentioned here.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The whole charity gimmick it to just stir up emotions and use it as a countermeasure to accost Trump if he refuses. Like some members have already mentioned here.

Wasn't it Trump's suggestion that he would only participate if it generated money for charity?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ugh! Trump backed out on debating Trump! This sucks...I really would love to see it. It seems like Trump let his tongue fly and perhaps, the republican party explained that in politics you should never show your hand, until you only are facing one opponent as in poker!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: atomish
I'm scratching my head at this one, too.

What is the benchmark, the frame of reference? I'd think most business are started on far less than a million, including many that survive. It can take a hot minute to build a company to having a valuation of a million, let alone an operating budget that large, right?

Maybe I'm too ignorant in these things but a million dollar loan for your typical small business seems high to me.

It's really not. I live in a small town, cheap property values. Let me give an example, there's a coffee shop that I really like to hang out at and the owner has been trying to sell it for 2 years now. He just recently sold it for $100,000.

The new buyers need $100k for the business, another 20k/year for the rent and 5k for utilities, the staff of 7 at minimum wage and 30 hours each (the manager gets more, maybe others do too but we'll ignore that) is about 160k after taxes, the new owner probably expects a RoI, lowballing that's going to be 40k/year. Right there you're looking at $100k upfront and 225k/year in expenses.

The suggestion is that you be able to fully fund a business for 5 years while you get it up and running (anything extra you make in that time is a bonus) so that $100k business is looking at needing $1.25 million and that's for a small coffee shop in what is literally the lowest cost of living area in the US.

A million dollars doesn't go very far. It went a lot further when Trump got the loan but we're talking about a real estate business which requires high amounts of capital up front. Trumps advantage wasn't that he got the loan, any financing group would have granted that based on his education, credit, and cosigners. It's that he got favorable terms on the money, most people are giving up half their business or more just to the financiers but Trump got to retain 100% control.

If a million seems out of reach (much less the much more than 1 million you should have to start a business) it's not because it's a lot of money. It's because it's much greater than what you bring in due to the fact we have no upward mobility as a nation.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
TYT is a joke, and extremely biased.

Debate on Al Jazeera.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join