It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump : Magical Moment, Clinches Nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Donald Trump is going to be the next President of the United States. I'm certainly not the first to say that and I don't think it is a stretch to do so. His strength continues to grow and that of Mrs. Clinton is stagnant, if not diminishing.

People want change and they are determined to support the candidate who represents the most marked diversion from the status quo, or at least who says that's what he represents.

Americans are desperate enough to try anything and Trump is the anything they are going to try.

Of course I don't support Trump personally, but I'm convinced that nobody can stop him at this point.

Trump on top: He reaches magic number to clinch nomination

www.washingtonpost.com... tory.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_gopnomination-ap-11am-top%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president Thursday, completing an unlikely rise that has upended the political landscape and set the stage for a bitter fall campaign.

The good news for Trump, reported by The Associated Press after a nationwide survey of unbound delegates, was tempered by continuing problems for his campaign. Those include the abrupt departure of Trump’s political director and continuing resistance by many Republican leaders to declare their support for his upstart candidacy.

Trump was put over the top in the AP delegate count by a small number of the party’s unbound delegates who told the AP they would support him at the national convention in July. Among them was Oklahoma GOP chairwoman Pam Pollard.

“I think he has touched a part of our electorate that doesn’t like where our country is,” Pollard said. “I have no problem supporting Mr. Trump.”

edit on 26-5-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

This has already been posted. ATS
edit on 26-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes I had an e-mail from AOL telling me he has the nomination about an hour or less ago, it's in a post in a Trump thread.
Ironic that the most less preferred Republican candidate comes to win the party backing.
After that it's up to the Republican voters, well all the voters really, just the caveat that Hilary is also not so much the flavour of the month in the Democratic camp either. I can see nothing, absolutely nothing, to get excited about.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There goes the neighborhood...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I wonder what everyone will say about him in 4-5 years. Many people thought that President Obama was going to change things. I predict that if we stay out of wars and do the things he says he wants to do, that he could change the country for the better. That is if he doesn't approve the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership). The reason I mention it is because it was NAFTA that President Bush put in and President Clinton enhanced that lead to SO MANY jobs going overseas.

Time will tell, but I don't think he can survive as a President of the USA if he doesn't toe THAT line. My prediction is that he will pass the TPP, if he wins the presidency. If the TPP passes, there will be an improvement in the economy in the short-term (8-10 years), then another financial catastrophe.
edit on 5/26/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
People want change and they are determined to support the candidate who represents the most marked diversion from the status quo, or at least who says that's what he represents.
Americans are desperate enough to try anything and Trump is the anything they are going to try.

i suspect that this is exactly what TPTB expected and is exactly why it would have been in their plans all along to have someone who fits that exact criteria in the running.

i suspect trump is just as in the pocket of TPTB as every prior president has been, this entire charade has so identically resembled a stage, a play, all fake bull#.

what they did to ron paul is what happens to candidates TPTB dislike, media rarely mentioned his name and when they did it was to tell a brief lie before changing the topic,

but trump gets ALL the air time right from the very start he has gotten more air time then any candidate from the very day he announced his running. just reveals to me its all a show, more puppets lead around by puppet masters to keep the childrens(publics) attention.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The European and folks in the middle east think we are nuts to run a crazy asshole such as Trump for president of the USA.
They are frighten...and rightly should be given the things Trump has said.
Change yes...but do we need a 360?
Cheers

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I didn't see matafuchs's thread, but technically, there can be threads on the same topic in two different forums. The "mud pit" is certainly an odd place to put it, at least from my point of view.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 26-5-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Trump getting the GOP nomination for reals:

Forcing the DNC to really, REALLY think twice about running Hillary.

Hell, there may be a mass defection of super delegates now to the Sanders camp.
edit on 26-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Trump getting the GOP nomination for reals:

Forcing the DNC to really, REALLY think twice about running Hillary.

Hell, there may be a mass defection of super delegates now to the Sanders camp.

I don't think they'll defect quite yet, but the potential is certainly there. That TYT debate is probably going to determine how things go. If Trump doesn't debate, Sanders can claim Trumps scared, and Hillary looks weak. If they debate and Sanders does well he looks better. If they debate and Trump trumps Sanders though, Hillary might hang onto them.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Change yes...but do we need a 360?

I think that just about sums things up.

As some wit once said, "The first thing you know, ya turn around and there you are."

It is really deplorable that you have to be a "rocket political scientist" to figure out what is going on these days. As near as I can tell, the Republican Party has been hijacked by a populist candidate who is a complete amateur in politics, and now the party establishment is struggling to figure out a way to accommodate this person, Trump, without sending the long established political and economic strategies of the party off a cliff, Thelma and Louise style.

This is a serious problem.

Trump is not going to be allowed to pursue his agenda, as it has been stated thus far. It runs counter to the wishes of the American industrial elite. If he had managed to get the Democratic Party nomination, that would be a different story. There is a wing of the party that would be receptive to a high tariff wall and a roll back of globalization.

I don't know what Republicans have planned for Trump but it can't be what he expects. Will he try to pull the rug out from under his own party, the way, to take an extreme example, Hitler did? How ruthless is this guy? Or will they be able to rein him in?

It's anybody's guess.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Hell, there may be a mass defection of super delegates now to the Sanders camp

One can only hope...but it aint gonna happen . Never count a DNC locked in candidate like Clinton out. As Hillary closes her 2nd term in office as the Commander-in-Chief , then and only then will there be a serious charge (even if then) against her.
Hillary got around to cleaning all corruption from government (as Obama promised but between golf , beer , and shooting hoops , could not find the time) . Bill was in charge of the economy and the milk and honey flowed . The unemployment rate dropped to negligible over those 8 years .

Whew, was having some form of weird dream ..glad I woke up.
Peace
edit on 5/27/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Magical Moment?, Come On.

The contest isn't nearly over yet.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its still close and the current polls mean nothing, however Trump has managed to get this far without any real specifics and they are now starting to surface...

Trump Energy plan

This is a pretty strong and positive message to take forward and if he can start adding structure like this to his platform then he is likely to only head higher in the polls. The challenge will be taking what he has put forward here and making it a simple sales message that people understand.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I will have a dumptruck full of money by lunch for Trumps campaign when Hillary finishes her collusion, um, I mean campaign for the Democratic nomination...

-Christosterone

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What was the message? When I read it all I saw was Hillary=bad, I didn't see an actual plan inbetween the campaign rhetoric.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

What was the message? When I read it all I saw was Hillary=bad, I didn't see an actual plan inbetween the campaign rhetoric.

Then you have difficulty reading and comprehending.
edit on 27/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I never claimed to be all that smart, perhaps you can explain it to me since the article wasn't clear enough.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I never claimed to be all that smart, perhaps you can explain it to me since the article wasn't clear enough.

Some times you have to help yourself. Start by re-reading the text and making bullet points of the key information. Come back when you have done that and I will help explain it to you.

I'll help you to get started...
- Keystone pipeline : re-engage with Canada on the fourth phase of project, overturning Obama's rejection, to create 42,000 jobs for Americans and decrease dependency on OPEC.

See if you can find more.. there's plenty.
edit on 28/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join