It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University and College is kind of proof that they had been bought out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In the past we used to have inventors(Ex. Albert Einstein), real doctors, etc who actually teach us the stuff.

Today, they keep relying on rewritten books every year. How many new edition books are being rewritten? Every year, they have some sort of new book that force young people to buy which most of them cannot even afford. What happened to reuse, and preserve?
Even the books are being rewritten to pro-GMO, etc. They obviously want us to keep blaming the young, when it is directly opposite.

The adults are selling the young out for money. When we try to go back to farming and living village like, they will call us communists. Even do land grabbing by buying out or sabotaging(like Monsanto GMO). You have teachers complaining about deforestation and they wonder why? The amount of books being reprinted. The amount of paper being being wasted as we are not allowed to print in the back of the pages(some teachers). Majority of the people don't even have printers that print both sides(you know how much those costs?). Print one side upside down. It becomes garbage to the teacher. They complain that it must be printed right way(waste even more paper to reprint).

Which system is suppose to be the in control of which system?

They have stupid courses about using programs like Windows Vista(waste of time). Everyone has to buy keys to practice on excel, power points and Microsoft word. Why don't the teachers have the programs ready to teach us? Sometimes we don't even get to keep the programs of what we paid to learn. Everyone is forced to print out their work in order to hand in because today's teachers refused to learn to other peoples handwriting. Even just answering questions we have to waste more paper and print out another useless copy(not English teachers, eyeing on others). Then there are people who go to the work force they get blamed for bad handwriting who don't even get any practice on writing in school.

How do you feel now, teachers? Forcing kids to type everything out. How do you feel?

The schools computer(library) is jam packed when it shouldn't be. A lot of the computer areas would be empty if everyone isn't forced to type everything out. Therefore there would be a lot less electricity being used and less people complaining about the electric bills. You can write more words on a paper than printing out words on paper. This would save paper so much. Even if it wasn't suppose to be an Essay, printing out research papers is down right retarded. Do you see anyone in the past printing out their research on paper in a certain format?

Hell no.

edit on 26-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If this is an example of college/university students' level of education and understanding today, not to mention basic grammar that ought to have been learned in junior high school, we are screwed.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We really need more silviculture/ reforestation type careers available 🌲🌳🌾

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I do understand that textbooks have gotten more expensive. Some professors get around that by making a sort of 'chapbook' for each student, that they pay for themselves at Kinkos. It doesn't contain entire books, but things in the class that will be touched on. My aunt is a law school professor, she does this and figured out how to, legally. I had a poetry teacher that did the same. I still have that. Many teachers accept the previous edition and you can buy them used and trade in other textbooks at the same time. Also, many professors order copies of the book through the library for free and reserve the copies for their class only. That is another way around it.

I am not saying there isn;t a problem, for some overpriced and hard to find textbooks, but I think this problem has been overhyped. In college, beyond my 2 year degree, my books were paid for through a grant called EOP, I had to stay on the Dean's List to get it, which I did.

In regard to a typed paper, though, I have been required to do that since my Senior year in High School. If you want to submit something to be published, you can't submit hand written things. That is a matter of efficiency and clarity. You can use recycled paper (most is today) and 'refill our own printer cartridges' has gotten a lot easier and less messy.
Quizzes, tests and labwork are mainly, still handwritten.

If you want to submit a research paper to a scientific journal, it must be printed out. There are keyboards/fonts with all of the necessary symbols.

Most laptops come with at least a trial version of Office and there are open source equivalents available for free.

I can see where Monsanto wants more raw materials of anything used and used more.

My handwriting is terrible, not because it wasn't taught in school, it is mainly because I spend more time on a keyboard.

I have not seen Vista taught, even in community summer programs for years.

I am not sure anyone has been 'bought out'.

Most University professors test on their lectures, more than on the book.

edit on 26-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well they have to re-write history every few years to support the current narrative of the progressive left. Also, the professors are greedy and on top of their bloated salaries they are able to supplement their income by writing text books.

It is all about greed and controlling the population.

edit on 2016/5/26 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well they have to re-write history every few years to support the current narrative of the progressive left. Also, the professors are greedy and on top of their bloated salaries they are able to supplement their income by writing text books.

Only you...would come up with that. Hopefully, one day, elementary students aren't taught that Columbus discovered America. Mainly, those rewriting or editing textbooks are the South and Texas, to remove anything scientifically or mathematically useful.

Mississippi Removes Fractions and decimals

The bill, which cleared the Mississippi Senate by a vote of "a lot" to "a little" (with "this many" senators abstaining) after some initial confusion over how many votes constitute a "majority," directs public secondary schools in Mississippi to emphasize whole number arithmetic in mathematics courses and orders the removal of questions involving non-integer mathematics from standardized state tests after 1999. The fate of percentages remains undetermined as educators attempt to work out an alternative scoring method for tests.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Also, the professors are greedy and on top of their bloated salaries they are able to supplement their income by writing text books.

As I have stated before, many professors do everything they can to reduce book costs to students. Professors are pressured to 'publish' in order to achieve tenure, but that does not require writing an ENTIRE textbook.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If that's true...what a mess. I know that most schools in the U.S., from elementary through high school use textbooks which are re-written and updated regularly based on what Texas wants. Are you saying once entering college, the writing flips from being constantly re-written to support the so-called-conservative right to that of the "progressive left?" What a bunch of idiots (both the Conservatives who control the textbooks through age 18 and the Progressives who take over in college.)

As for professors supplementing their income by writing text books, I only ever had one professor who used a self-authored text book, and she gave it to us all at her expense.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Only you...would come up with that. Hopefully, one day, elementary students aren't taught that Columbus discovered America. Mainly, those rewriting or editing textbooks are the South and Texas, to remove anything scientifically or mathematically useful.

Lol, that will happen when Spain is off the map.
edit on 26-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

That's the last person you need to be having an honest discussion with. It's a huge waste of time. Anyone who comes on here to post their income, IQ, and displeasure of all things non white isn't worth it. The guy is entirely lost.

new topics

top topics

join