It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity Politics and the Call for Racial/LGBT Segregated Accomodation on University Campuses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Morrad

Resegregation is happening all over, not just the Colleges. Look at Ferguson MO!

Frankly, I don't know what to make of it, but if people want to resegregate, that's o.k. with me......they have that right, unless of course, they're white.
i lived in ferguson...its primarily a black suburb...as are several other suburbs in that area... what does that have to do with this?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

"Lived", I suppose being the operative term.

What it has to do with this is that the black residents felt like they were being policed and ruled over by a white occupation force. They demanded and got a black police chief, and a black police force, and I believe, a black mayor.

All of which is......in my opinion, a good thing! Now they feel like they're in control of their lives and aren't being ruled over and abused by some foreign force of occupation. Its like, they wanted "Home Rule".........and they got it. Its a trend we're seeing play out across the US.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think it's a good thing tbh.

I wouldn't like to be sharing room or flat with 'gays' or any racist either.

having said that... I think segregating blacks and whites will cause more harm than good in the long run. May aswell go back to before MLK.

I made a thread on ats when i first joined ... it was about segregation of many different groups living on their own Islands.... looks like that could become reality. For some reason ats put that thread in 'religious' forum and it died out... after it was a top thread for a week or 2.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think it's a good thing tbh.

I wouldn't like to be sharing room or flat with 'gays' or any racist either.

having said that... I think segregating blacks and whites will cause more harm than good in the long run. May aswell go back to before MLK.

I made a thread on ats when i first joined ... it was about segregation of many different groups living on their own Islands.... looks like that could become reality. For some reason ats put that thread in 'religious' forum and it died out... after it was a top thread for a week or 2.

Segregation creates divisiveness. People need to socially interact with all types of individuals throughout their lives to help develop healthy relationships.

This ends badly

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I'm convinced that in a few years, these "SJWs" will not exist, because as they create more and more specialized pockets of diversity they will fight amongst each other and fade away.

In one of my recent threads I showed certain UK NUS activists, within the LGBT community, trying to ostracise white cis gay men on the pretext they are no longer oppressed, are in a privileged position and therefore not relevant or deserving of the LGBT victim branding.

This fits in exactly with what you are saying.

edit on 26-5-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And yet the with a black cheif, black ag, black mayor, mostly black city council, and many black police, they still cried racism and burnt down the city.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

they are...the entire police department was all white until recently.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join