It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton aide (Cheryl Mills) moves to block release of deposition video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: butcherguy

The people that need to see her saying it with her own lips won't get the opportunity.

Those people need to learn to do some research to better inform themselves, rather than taking what they are fed at face value.

You have to admit that today is a soundbite age more than ever.
Do don't expect to teach an infant by dropping an encyclopedia on its head.

Agreed. It appears that Mills is trying to protect herself from the Right Wing soundbite loons.

What office is she running for?
Protecting herself?

You don't have to run for office to be wise enough to protect yourself against being used as a political tool by the opposition.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That John Wayne quote is taken out of context !!!

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

And the left-wing thugs that will trash her as well for anything she says that might damage them. Nobody in this race is more than a rat IMO.

Like I said, apparently she is not worried about the Left.

link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Then why has the left-wing also made a FOIA request for the same thing?

I didn't know anyone on the Left had. Have a link?

Then, they can immediately correct any falsities and use THAT fact to add fuel to their own fires?

It wont matter. What are you not understanding? The people that use JW and the Right Wing nut sites will not give a rats ass about context. They just want blood and nothing else matters.

Sorry, it should read, "Then why has the left-wing also NOT made a FOIA request for the same thing?"

Simple typo on my part, apologies for the confusion.

Sure. Why haven't they? Until that is answered, she is trying to protect herself in the meantime from a group known for taking things out of context to serve an agenda.

Honestly, this should be a non-partisan issue. I would expect anyone to protect themselves like this if they were dealing with unsavory people.

You mean both political parties in that statement, right? Both left and right do this, and will never stop. At least admit that honestly.

(post by introvert removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Then, they can immediately correct any falsities and use THAT fact to add fuel to their own fires?

It wont matter. What are you not understanding? The people that use JW and the Right Wing nut sites will not give a rats ass about context. They just want blood and nothing else matters.

Sorry, it should read, "Then why has the left-wing also NOT made a FOIA request for the same thing?"

Sure. Why haven't they? Until that is answered, she is trying to protect herself in the meantime from a group known for taking things out of context to serve an agenda.

Honestly, this should be a non-partisan issue. I would expect anyone to protect themselves like this if they were dealing with unsavory people.

You mean both political parties in that statement, right? Both left and right do this, and will never stop. At least admit that honestly.

Yes, but I doubt she is worried about the Left. The Left is most likely on her side.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The people that need to see her saying it with her own lips won't get the opportunity.

Those people need to learn to do some research to better inform themselves, rather than taking what they are fed at face value.

Agreed. It appears that Mills is trying to protect herself from the Right Wing soundbite loons.

Protecting herself?

You don't have to run for office to be wise enough to protect yourself against being used as a political tool by the opposition.

Protecting Clinton then.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes, but I doubt she is worried about the Left. The Left is most likely on her side.

Until it is not in their best interest to be, then she will feel their wrath as well. Please do not be naive and think the left would not sacrifice anyone for "the cause" as much as the right.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It takes place out of court, but its still a court proceeding... Anyway, the point is, it's going to look really bad.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Protecting herself?

Protecting Clinton then.

That is true. She does not want JW or other outlets to use audio/visual in a way that would adversely affect Clinton's campaign.

In that aspect, I believe she is right.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Until it is not in their best interest to be, then she will feel their wrath as well. Please do not be naive and think the left would not sacrifice anyone for "the cause" as much as the right.

Again, she does not appear to be afraid of the Left. She is afraid of what JW will do with the audio/visual.

That is the topic of the OP.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord

It takes place out of court, but its still a court proceeding... Anyway, the point is, it's going to look really bad.

Who cares how it looks? I'd rather look at the entire thing in it's proper context. To many, their minds are already made up, regardless of what she says in the deposition. Those are the people that care how it "looks".

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Its not just about the right wing media spin, its about the impact an audio/visual testimony will have on the electorate. This is a last ditch effort to keep the story buried.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Who cares how it looks?

Hilary Clinton.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord

It's going to be made public anyway. How is that trying to bury the story? She is just asking that audio/visual not be allowed to squash the Right Wing propagandists in their place.

You guys are making a big deal out of something very small.

Ironically, the way you guys are approaching this issue proves that she has a legitimate concern.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I am thinking that they needed to pull a hit on the IG before the report was written, if they wanted damage control.
That report is damaging.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord

Who cares how it looks?

Hilary Clinton.

And the Right Wing nutters. Can't forget about them.

They don't care about context. They care about how it "looks".

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I am thinking that they needed to pull a hit on the IG before the report was written, if they wanted damage control.
That report is damaging.

Not really. I've read quite a bit and there was nothing earth shattering in it. The only thing we really learned is that the SD has a history of being lazy on their regulations. That includes past and current SoS's.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yeah, a request for suppression of testimony from the "administration of transparency". Wasn't that one of the political platforms during the last election, and the election before?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join