It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA secretary: Disney doesn't measure wait times, so why should VA?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The VA is a long-standing, government-run Universal Healthcare System. It is a microcosm of what you would have if the government ran healthcare for everyone.

Yep.

A super MONOPOLY.

One place to shop, and if you didn't like the service a person is SOL.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Give it a couple of years.

They'll be justifying death panels next.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Anyone see the pattern ?

Health insurance companies should be put out of business.

Bankers should be put out of business.

Gun manufactures should be put out of business.

Coal plants, and miners should be put out of business.

Big oil companies should be put out of the business.

The State should be in 'business' !!!

Rather totalitarian dontcha think?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

Oh, I see. So it is the fault of the private sector?

Then explain why it is that they use the same system we use, and we don't have to wait that long?

That is not what I said.

Many of you seemed to miss the point entirely.

Oh well. Not unexpected.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's easy to miss the point when the point made no sense to begin with.

First you use the testimony to justify your argument for universal health care.

Then when we point out that Tri-Care is universal health care, you try to walk that back and blame the private sector.

Perhaps you should try to explain your point.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Then when we point out that Tri-Care is universal health care, you try to walk that back and blame the private sector.

There really is NO arguing that. Though some try.

The big three are government ran healthcare.

All it costs more than it should, and offers sub par care that the PRIVATE sector runs circles around.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again, UHC is about covering costs, not administering care. If the VA is not providing proper care, we should cover the Vet's costs if they seek care elsewhere. The VA should not exist in the first place.

I used the Disney reference to highlight that cost/profit seems to be more important than the care of the Vet's/customers themselves.

What is more important, the care of the vets or cost/profit?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Vets should never have to wait for financial or medical support - they offered their lives for the country and upon signing up to do so the government should be obligated to cover them financially - continuously - until after they are dead and buried.

The government started the war(s), the citizens answered the call to join the military and it disgusts me that the government is so consistently nonchalant about continued financial and medical support for returned servicemen and women.

edit on 23-5-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Vets should never have to wait for financial or medical support - they offered their lives for the country and upon signing up to do so the government should be obligated to cover them financially - continuously - until after they are dead and buried.

The government started the war(s, the citizens answered the call to join the military and it disgusts me that the government is so consistently nonchalant about continued financial and medical support for returned servicemen and women.

You are completely correct.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Lets think about this: The VA deals with medicine and medical people, those who have served in the military. Disney is entertainment. One is for health and is required, the other is a luxury that you pay through the nose to enjoy. One is an obligation and a promise that was made to everyone who raised their hand to swear in. The other, well people swear under their breath when the discover the cost.

I wonder how they are similar at all?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Last time I checked, riding Splash Mountain was not considered a life-saving treatment.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am a war vet multi tour infantry war vet, the VA does not recognize anything wrong with me because it was not documented properly. I cant afford insurance of any kind right now, last tax season I was surprised when my return was taken to pay for the one visit I had to make last year which is apparently mandatory. Every time I do go there I do get reduced fees for stuff like when I broke my leg and lost my job etc which I am still not even fully recovered from seeing as jobs around here are scarce. Then again I had to go to a doctor in Mass. because I passed out while sitting down drawing for no reason, the healthcare system there will give me a 12% discount because I don't have mass health bringing my total to about $12,000. While at the hospital they did not do anything to treat me other then observe me and run tests. The VA says they don't have anything to do with it basically. YAY

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The VA IS a Universal Healthcare system--for veterans. There is no other ride.

The VA provides the care, with single payer doctors are still private practice, they're simply paid by the government rather than the individual. If you don't like your doctor, then you can switch to another one. Better doctors see more patients and have more demand. It works quite well.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Give it a couple of years.

They'll be justifying death panels next.

They already do, in a way. Every time a vet offs himself while on the wait list for treatment, they just delete his name and bump the next person up to 174922nd in line.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I waited 2 hours to get on splash mountain with my daughter. I waited 3.5 weeks for my last VA appointment.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Canada Australia and the UK all have Universal Healthcare for veterans.

And for the veterans in those countries the wait times are the same as non veterans and longer then the wait times for veterans in the US by months.

In canada the wait times can be as long as 6 months for a CT scan.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
From a vet:

F# the VA.

The end.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
There's a reason why the VA is outsourcing most of its healthcare for the vets, thank god.

The wait is still too long. I was given a referral for a neurosurgeon in April 2015 with HealthNet. I didn't get to see the neurosurgeon until Jan 2016. He put in a request for a CAT scan and a MRI in Jan 2016. It wasn't done until April 2016. Waiting for the follow-up appointment. I guess I will see him again in Jan 2017.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
From a vet:

F# the VA.

The end.

I second that emotion.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Speechless.

Who are these morons that run this #?!

From the IRS, DOJ, EPA, wtf?!

Does anyone have a clue in DC?

But hey! No waiting for an abortion at PP!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join