It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Russian Invasion Could Overrun NATO in 60 Hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Gothmog
The Russians will run out of ammo , fuel and supplies in less time than that . Been that way since the beginning.

You think the Russians will run out of Ammo, Fuel and Supplies in 60hrs when performing a military advance on a neighbor?

Ok .Did you not read my ENTIRE post ? Revisit it.....
Classic , just read the part that a person wants to read.

edit on 5/23/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

no need to be so emotional..

but re reading it.. its hard to see why im wrong?

Yeah . But the entire defensive strategy of Nato is to delay . The Russians will run out of ammo , fuel and supplies in less time than that . Been that way since the beginning.

Oh , wait , you had 60 hours..NO FREAKIN WAY

thread was about the Russians over running NATO in 60hrs..

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I dont worry if you dont take me seriously.

Nor should you. That was out of line by me, and I apologize.

I worry that you think you can play out your apponents hand against yours like you know exactly what cards are in play or up the others sleeve. Seems foolish.

That's exactly what the Rand Corp is doing, isn't it? Or any other "think tank".

Of course that's what I'm doing. I take the available information, process it in my wee little brain, and see what comes out. Every simulation I've ever seen, that doesn't involve WoMD of some sort, Russia/Soviet Union makes inroads into Europe...those almost always involved Germany...now it's the Baltic region, and Poland, and other former Soviet Block nations who have little love for this new style Russian Bear, and their attitudes reflect that.

For anyone, regardless of who it is, to even remotely think that Nato, and its allies would be overrun within two to three days is in the same dream world you seem to think I'm in.

It's not just about numbers of tanks, airplanes, or any other weapon systems, though that does play a part, of course. They are neglecting the human aspect of this. The Baltic states/Poland have all been pawns in these games for hundreds of years and have had enough of it. Yes, the Russians may overwhelm them, but it won't be in sixty hours, or even sixty days...and by the time they do? Germany, France, Great Britain, and the US, will all be there.

China will not do anything in a European war. They are not a global power...yet. Their power projection capabilities are regional at best. Non-factor

Ya, I apologize too Seagul. I didnt mean to sound stand-offish.

I did not make a comment to the 'RAND' scenario but I feel the same way. Who knows how this will play out. I doubt that NATO believes that if they moved on Russia (I guess nato IS a move a on Russia, anyway...) Russia will respond predictably or vice versa.

Russia has been quite vocal about having enough of nato and the West. The west has been quite vocal about Russia being ousted from the club. Both of them are likely planning the others demise and neither can assume that any posturing made in public will reflect the reality of the situation when the ball drops.

I doubt either really wants to see what will REALLY happen but IMO Russia is the least affraid of it.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

no need to be so emotional..

but re reading it.. its hard to see why im wrong?

Yeah . But the entire defensive strategy of Nato is to delay . The Russians will run out of ammo , fuel and supplies in less time than that . Been that way since the beginning.

Oh , wait , you had 60 hours..NO FREAKIN WAY

thread was about the Russians over running NATO in 60hrs..

You still did not catch it ? You quoted my last statement. I am BOLDING it for you..
Now , read it , and hopefully will not have to reply yet again. ( I wont anyway :devil

Sorry , game over and you are all outta tokens.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The time is 4 months. That is the estimate of supplies the Russian's have.No not 60 hrs nor 60 days.The Russians would have 4 months to take over all Western Europe. How long did the Western Front go on in WW2 ? Now , NATO's strategy is not to overcome. The strategy is drag out the war past this 4 month period. Easily done..(i.e. bend , but dont break)

And the Russians no longer have their coalition of Soviet States (i.e. which may mean they may not even have that 4 month preiod now .)

It has been conjectured (even today) that in a case of Russian aggression in the west ,the Chinese would take advantage and come across and at least take Siberia . SO , then you would have the Russian's fighting on 2 fronts. However , since it would take all they have on the Western Front , could they spare to turn around and have to go back ? Or just give up eastern Russia to the Chinese?

Thats the problem with "folks" that make such rat crap predictions . No one knows for sure. Too many possibilities and unknowns.

edit on 5/23/16 by Gothmog because: clean up

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The time is 4 months. That is the estimate of supplies the Russian's have.No not 60 hrs nor 60 days.The Russians would have 4 months to take over all Western Europe. How long did the Western Front go on in WW2 ? Now , NATO's strategy is not to overcome. The strategy is drag out the war past this 4 month period. Easily done..(i.e. bend , but dont break)

And the Russians no longer have their coalition of Soviet States (i.e. which may mean they may not even have that 4 month preiod now .)

It has been conjectured (even today) that in a case of Russian aggression in the west ,the Chinese would take advantage and come across and at least take Siberia . SO , then you would have the Russian's fighting on 2 fronts. However , since it would take all they have on the Western Front , could they spare to turn around and have to go back ? Or just give up eastern Russia to the Chinese?

Thats the problem with "folks" that make such rat crap predictions . No one knows for sure. Too many possibilities and unknowns.

The two fronts will not be of China and US vs Russia, but USA(East) and EU cannon fodders(West). At this rate China is already supporting Russia because American corrupt influence in South East Asia effecting China. Especially in an attempt to surround both countries. India by no means might join US or stay neutral when WW3 erupts. As for Japan most probably going to invade China again with US help.

edit on 23-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

"Nuff Said" . Get it , got it , good.

edit on 5/23/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure your posts are full of... how did you put it ''rat crap predictions''

in a case of Russian aggression in the west ,the Chinese would take advantage and come across and at least take Siberia . SO , then you would have the Russian's fighting on 2 fronts. However , since it would take all they have on the Western Front , could they spare to turn around and have to go back ? Or just give up eastern Russia to the Chinese?

so you predict Russia is going to invade all of Europe, then the Chinese will invade Siberia.. and in the same breathe ridicule people for making predictions.

Time for bed me thinks.. you have kindy in the morning!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This only shows how useless nato is withoUT the USA defending them with loads of cash and military. Europe has decided not to defend themselves making them prey to be exploited.

Turkey could take Europe if the US doesn't intervene

And no I'm not a Yankee, go usa anything just the cold hard truth.

Who would defend europe? Germany?
edit on 23-5-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Russia couldnt hold Europe and they know that which makes anything unlikely. But they would crush their army without the usa

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure your posts are full of... how did you put it ''rat crap predictions''

Did I predict anything ? At all ? no. Other than the part about the 4 months (which , to inform you is a close estimate on time and strategy) I did say the word conjecture . Guess its time for a lesson in word meanings of the English language.

verb verb: conjecture; 3rd person present: conjectures; past tense: conjectured; past participle: conjectured; gerund or present participle: conjecturing 1. form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.

Provided by Google.
And , I inferred that was not my "conjecture" , but others' ideas

Just another anti-US and Western civilization post
Yawnnnnn. getting bored with these.
Game over and you are all outta tokens

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

please dont take my lack of reply to your post meaning i agree with you. I just genuinely dont have time for your type of nonsense today. tokens, anti us, yawwn.. time to grow up, kid!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Russia couldnt hold Europe and they know that which makes anything unlikely. But they would crush their army without the usa

Russia would never try to hold Europe, heck even invade. Those type of military adventures ended back in the 40's...
i dont see Russia wanting to engage Europe in any meaningful way, this is just fantasy and fairy tale.

I laugh at the idea that Russia would run out of ammo after x amount of weeks in a war.. They are not 3rd world like some people pretend or dream they are. They are very stocked, prepared and willing to go toe to toe.. they are sitting on a gold mind of diamonds, gold, oil, land.. what possible reason would they want to go invade Europe.. its lunacy on the minds of the believers

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
I gotta say, there's more than one chucklehead here, and it isn't me. The U.S. and Russia are tighter than thieves. It's all an act that's played out every day. Besides, even if it wasn't, Russia would last 90 minutes once our fleet of Black Mantas left dock.

War blows. Fight about something else, will ya?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

please dont take my lack of reply to your post meaning i agree with you. I just genuinely dont have time for your type of nonsense today. tokens, anti us, yawwn.. time to grow up, kid!

Game over and you are all outta tokens

When I put that in a reply , it means my debate opponent has failed to legibly reply with meaning or counter information on multiple replies. The end

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The Russians will run out of ammo , fuel and supplies in less time than that . Been that way since the beginning.

You think the Russians will run out of Ammo, Fuel and Supplies in 60hrs when performing a military advance on a neighbor?

It would not be the first time. Although they have been working on reforms for years to fix those supply problems. The problem is corruption and unit commanders selling everything on the black market but, nobody cares because that keeps them loyal. Russian armor went into Georgia without reactive armor being use because the explosives had been sold.

As for the OP, the tiny Baltic states field 20,000 troops between the 3 of them. And with no real NATO troops presence in those countries of course Russia could over run them. They could not hold them long. Russia fields an active force of about 800,000 and NATO an active force of 3.6 million. The US alone has 3 times the fighter aircraft. And all of this of course presumes that somehow nobody noticed a Russian troop build up which would be nearly impossible.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I doubt either really wants to see what will REALLY happen but IMO Russia is the least affraid of it.

You may be right about that, which should terrify us all, frankly.

The U.S. has allies, not to mention Great Britain which is something more than an ally, who will not hesitate to say what they think. The U.S. really can not do anything in Europe without its allies.

Russia, on the other hand, is, to all intents and purposes, alone. Gone are the days of its vassal states/allies. If Russia decides to go to war, there is no ally to ask questions. If they feel they're backed into a corner, for whatever reason, things could get ugly fast.

...and I surely don't want that to happen.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

So you are saying Rand doesn't have the info you do? They didn't think of any of this? They didn't do military modelling and run the scenarios?

Iean I find it hard to believe myself but I also don't have nearly the logistical info Rand does as a contractor.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So you are saying Rand doesn't have the info you do? They didn't think of any of this? They didn't do military modelling and run the scenarios? Iean I find it hard to believe myself but I also don't have nearly the logistical info Rand does as a contractor.

A good reply. Though I wish you hadnt put that first statement in. No one said that info came from me. I get my information from reading books on different subjects. Not from you-tube videos or obscure articles posted somewhere from someone .

The military stopped using Rand in the late 80s for their think-tank work at the Pentagon. There was a reason for that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

So you are saying Rand doesn't have the info you do? They didn't think of any of this? They didn't do military modelling and run the scenarios? Iean I find it hard to believe myself but I also don't have nearly the logistical info Rand does as a contractor.

A good reply. Though I wish you hadnt put that first statement in. No one said that info came from me. I get my information from reading books on different subjects. Not from you-tube videos or obscure articles posted somewhere from someone .

The military stopped using Rand in the late 80s for their think-tank work at the Pentagon. There was a reason for that.

Your fooling yourself if you don't think Rand still advises the gov and is a major player in policy.

Not only that they have advanced tech, built the internet, and are frontrunners in AI development.

I didn't mean to say it was your info but meant what info you have they have much more. They also have technology to run Sims most people just don't have access too. The military stillbusess them to run models I thought but could be wrong.

Anyway my point Russia is no joke. It's people are no joke. They can deal with being squeezed and not having food. Something the west particularly American will have issues with in the population. If something like this happened the economy would tank. The hipsters waiting for the next iPhone would panic. The whole market would freeze and the trade wars amd alliances would begin. Something Rand probably considers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join