It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check your white cis gay male privilege

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I can't believe I have just read this bs.

The National Union of Sudents (UK) LGBT conference's 'Motion 408: Defending Safe(r) spaces and No Platforming' has called for an end to gay men’s representation. The reason being that ‘white cis gay men’ contribute to ‘misogyny, transphobia, racism and biphobia’ and ‘do not face oppression as gay men within the LGBT+ community’.

*bulging neck veins and red face*

When safe spaces, victimhood and no-platforming censorship nonsense starts to implode within the LGBT community then I'm sorry I want to get off.

NUS tells campus LGBT societies to drop reps for gay men as 'they do not face oppression'

Link to motion

ETA

edit on 23-5-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

First they turn on everyone else then they turn on eachother, such is the nature of this victimization disease.

+4 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Aren't there any fat, straight, meat-eating smokers they can go after?

+5 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Every victim is oppressed, but some are more oppressed than others.

Evil feeds upon itself, and IMO, nothing is more evil these days than the victim culture.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, you.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, you.

I know! I miss them.

They never return my calls and it's been ages since I've gotten any mail.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
LoL

(That's all I've got)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I thought that one couldn't be gay and "cis" simultaneously, if "cis" is the gender expression of the biological sex one was born as? Anyway, good for them. Sounds like they're rising above. Great stuff...

+7 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The problem is that there isn't enough racism, sexism and homophobia to justify the progressive narrative. So now they are starting to eat each other like a colony of ants during a famine.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I already have a headache.
This stuff is really starting to confuse me.
Cis, safe(r) spaces....

Is that their goal? To confuse everyone?

Until we just say, 'Oh okay, whatever.' ....?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Until we just say, 'Oh okay, whatever.' ....?

Shoulda been all along.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

First they turn on everyone else then they turn on eachother, such is the nature of this victimization disease.

And this really is a crux of the matter. Most just want to be treated like a human being and equally. They aren't looking for special treatment. Then you have those who want privilege, and they're the ones who squeak the loudest, giving the whole community a bad rep. What I see in this "edict" is an attempt to infiltrate and divide the community even more than it already is, to such a point that everyone has lost sight of the original goal. Equal rights under the 14th amendment. No more, no less.

Same thing happened to feminism, and so many other groups.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I agree with you. I read this today.

In an era when political authority is given to those with the most perceived victim points, gay men have become fair game.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

(Excerpt)
...The reason being that ‘white cis gay men’ contribute to ‘misogyny, transphobia, racism and biphobia’ and ‘do not face oppression as gay men within the LGBT+ community’....

What are "white cis gay men" as compared to "gay men within the LGBT+ community?" Does the LGBT+ community only include gay men who aren't white and whatever "cis" is? Anyone know when gay men began to not be included as being...gay?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Cis doesn't have to do with sexual orientation but gender identification. So, gay means someone attracted to their same gender/sex. Cis means that someone identifies themselves with the physical sex they apparently have, whereas trans means they don't.

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I thought that one couldn't be gay and "cis" simultaneously, if "cis" is the gender expression of the biological sex one was born as? Anyway, good for them. Sounds like they're rising above. Great stuff...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

well said, and that's why I believe liberalism has been hijacked by impostors who truly only wish to gain special privilege at the expense of society, an authoritarian left under the guise of roses and rainbows.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Every victim is oppressed, but some are more oppressed than others.

Evil feeds upon itself, and IMO, nothing is more evil these days than the victim culture.

Wow...pervasive, annoying, and stupid I could agree with, but more evil than child rapists, murderous cannibals, Bill Belichek and ISIS head chopper-offers? It's bad enough hyper-victimhood has become so popular, why give it more credit than it deserves?

+5 more 
posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only one allowed to speak should be a trans black gender fluid muslim undocumented worker with at least 3 handicaps and 14 documented mental disorders..everyone else is just part of the patriarchy!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

and whatever "cis" is?

Clarification from the NYC COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS Legal Enforcement Guidance on the Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Expression:

DEFINITIONS
These definitions are intended to help people understand the following guidance as well as their rights and responsibilities under the NYCHRL.

Cisgender:
an adjective denoting or relating to a person whose self-identity conforms with the gender that corresponds to their biological sex, i.e, someone who is not transgender.

Gender Identity:
one’s internal deeply-held sense of one’s gender which may be the same or different from one’s sex assigned at birth. One’s gender identity may be male, female, neither or both, e.g., non-binary. Everyone has a gender identity. Gender identity is distinct from sexual orientation.

Gender Expression:
the representation of gender as expressed through, for example, one’s name, choice of pronouns, clothing, haircut, behavior, voice, or body characteristics. Gender expression may not be distinctively male or female and may not conform to traditional gender-based stereotypes assigned to specific gender identities.

an individual’s actual or perceived sex, gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression, whether or not that gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression is different from that traditionally associated with the sex assigned at birth.

Gender Non-Conforming:
an adjective sometimes used to describe someone whose gender expression differs from traditional gender-based stereotypes. Not all gender non-conforming people are transgender. Conversely, not all transgender people are gender non-conforming.

Intersex:
a term used to refer to a person whose reproductive or sexual anatomy and/or chromosomal pattern does not fit typical definitions of male or female. There are many different medical diagnoses or conditions that an intersex person may have.

Sex:
a combination of bodily characteristics including chromosomes, hormones, internal and external reproductive organs, secondary sex characteristics, and gender identity. Most people are assigned male or female at birth based on the appearance of their external genitalia.

Transgender:
an adjective used to describe someone whose gender identity or expression is not typically associated with the sex assigned at birth. It can be used to describe people with a broad range of identity or expression. Someone who identifies their gender as androgynous, gender queer, non-binary, gender non-conforming,

MTF
(male to female), or FTM (female to male) may also consider themselves to be transgender.

Link

ETA If I must be labelled then I chose gay non-conforming.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Are they handing out awards for the biggest victim now?

Is it gold and shiny?
Is it chocolate covered bacon covered in bacon chocolate?

How can I get in on this sh*t?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join