It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton expresses interest in Mark Cuban as her running mate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton responded Sunday to Mark Cuban's suggestion that he'd be open to serving as her running mate, and she seemed more than open to the idea.

"I think we should look widely and broadly," she told Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press." "It's not just people in elective office. It is successful businesspeople. I am very interested in that. And I appreciate his openness to it."
'I appreciate his openness to it': Hillary Clinton expresses interest in Mark Cuban as her running mate

The VP choices could decide the election. The latest polls show a toss-up.

New polls show Clinton and Trump neck-and-neck

Condoleezza Rice has recently surged a little in the PredictIt market for 2016 Republican vice presidential nomination.

Who will win the 2016 Republican vice presidential nomination?

Here are the 15 most likely choices for Trump's VP according to the above market:

1. Newt Gingrich

2. Bob Corker

3. Jeff Sessions

4. Joni Ernst

5. Condoleezza Rice

6. John Kasich

7. Rob Portman

8. Scott Brown

9. Chris Christie

10. Susana Martinez

10. Rick Perry

10. Mike Huckabee

10. Ben Carson

10. Jim Webb

10. Jan Brewer
edit on 23-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's interesting that Clinton is considering "successful businesspeople" as her VP choice.

She claims that Trump has no experience, yet would consider a business person for VP.

She thinks that she can get some votes away from Trump with this ruse. That's not going to work.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If it ends up being Condoleezza Rice as Trump's VP candidate versus Mark Cuban as Clinton's VP candidate, that's such a huge advantage for Trump...it's hard for me to imagine a better scenario for Trump.

It would be unbelievably funny too because they both would be picking a VP candidate to counter the other, and Trump would come out winning by a million miles.

Clinton/Cuban would look so much less serious than Trump/Rice that Trump would end up overcoming his biggest weakness (the fact that people don't take him seriously).

I can't imagine Clinton/Cuban beating Trump/Rice, ever. It would be a coup for Trump of unimaginable proportions.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Rice would be a good choice!

The difference between Trump and Clinton is that Trump has always said he would choose someone with political experience as his VP. He is smart, and knows that he needs that support and the knowledge that comes with it.

Clinton would be selecting a businessman purely for votes, and would have no respect for her running mate.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And the VP is good for what? Basically an errand boy for the stuff the president does not want to do...Does not shock us that she is looking to Mark Cuban...and yet she ridicules Trump for not having any political experience....

It's all a big freaking joke...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Condoleeza Rice has repeatedly said she is retired from politics. I'd be shocked if she accepted a VP nomination. Republicans have been trying to get her to run for President since Bush Jr was done.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

If something happens to the President, the VP would be the President.
The choice is important.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
LOL,

Clinton just endorsed Trump by saying we should look wide and far, even in the business sector.

This double speak is golden.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

And the VP is good for what? Basically an errand boy for the stuff the president does not want to do...Does not shock us that she is looking to Mark Cuban...and yet she ridicules Trump for not having any political experience....

It's all a big freaking joke...

Yet many think Sarah Palin was the deciding factor in the presidential race in 08.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The basketball team owner? Really? What in the hell?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sarah Palin drove many a McCain supporter AWAY!

Mark Cuban would totally regret being anyone's VP (lamest job on the planet) !!
Could you imagine a mover and shaker like him stuck in White House briefings with that beast?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Another news update on HRC, the scum of all scum freebeacon.com...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I believe he is also on the show "Shark Tank" where wealthy business folks hear people pitch their idea to try to get them to invest.

Mark Cuban is a business mogul, very successful and known for making deals with big bucks.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So she expressed interest because she was an adult and answered the question with some decency.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yet many think Sarah Palin was the deciding factor in the presidential race in 08.

Nope, Tina Fey's VERSION of her was, LOL.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cuban is a jerk. They deserve each other.

top topics

join