It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TSA lines: a manufactured crisis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Is TSA Devious, Or Simply Inept? Experts Weigh In On Airport Gridlock.

Did the agency create this scenario to put pressure on politicians to increase funding? “It’s possible,” Mack said. “Or they could just be completely inept.”

Others theorize that TSA has created the chaos to motivate people to pay $85 for the agency expedited “pre-check” program.

The number of people registering for pre-check have nearly doubled, to about 8,300 people a day.

A ‘manufactured’ crisis? Somehow the TSA lines have disappeared this morning.

And poof! Just like that, the "mile long lines" are gone.

Here are the theories that I'm aware of:

TSA wants a bigger budget.
TSA wants to force people into their "pre-check" program.
TSA wants to hire more people after losing 600 employees (may also fall under bigger budget).

I heard a commentator saying that the TSA ("Thugs Standing Around") had laid off 600 workers.

All I could find was this:

400 TSA employees fired for stealing from passengers from 2002 to 2011.

They currently have 55,000 employees and a yearly budget of $7.5 Billion.

On 9/11 the government (whether intentionally or not) failed to keep us safe.

So what do we do? We reward them by giving them MORE money and power!

That always works, right?

Tests show TSA 96% failure rate in spotting weapons.

Get rid of em already.

edit on 20-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Funny how it says radiation or molestation.

I went through so many bloody scanners recently, and they still have to grope me, because something showed up. no less than 4 times. And they still detained me for 13 hours because I am some sort of mastermind criminal refugee terrorist recalcitrant. Sent me back. near 50 hours in airports, at borders and on planes.

The USA can get stuffed.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
100% manufactured based on pure jealousy and that famous "get even attitude" often displayed by certain politicians.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't fly often... at all. But I did recently for work.

In hindsight I wish I'd thought to look behind me at the Goon that was overseeing my Molester and puased before announcing out loud...

"Oh thank goodness your not pleasuring yourself openly."

You know, if I'd had the tequila in me.

( No guts)
( Likes my job)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
To me the TSA is a farce considering their budget is approaching half of NASA's budget with a 95% failure rate when tested.

Let the airlines themselves handle their own security and wad up the TSA and throw it in the garbage is what I think.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I haven't been able to board a plane since I grew a full beard.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This may sound like an "asshole" thing to say, but I fly first class and they practically kiss my ass whenever I have to go through the lines.

But I also think they are a government waste and should be disbanded.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I'm going manufactured crisis on this one. Too convenient after losing staff/budget with the high politics involved with this agency.

And did you say 55,000 employees?

Whoa. In business 15 years and they're that big. I don't think they're going away anytime soon. That's an army of people and a serious political force.

ETA : Not to mention they're the gatekeepers~ to a $15.7 billion industry, US airlines. Yeah. They're going to get what they want.

edit on 20-5-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm going with the dumbasses are inept.

Why?

Because every TSA agent I've had experience with, and that's dozens upon dozens of them as I fly a decent amount, has come across as an inept dumbass.

As an aside, they always accuse me of hiding a pipe in my pants. For the life of me can't figure out why. Bet if I told them I was transgender they'd back off.

edit on 20-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The us isn't free. Not even close. Makes China look like a quire boy. Get to a free country if ur able to

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Here are the theories that I'm aware of:
TSA wants a bigger budget.
TSA wants to force people into their "pre-check" program.
TSA wants to hire more people after losing 600 employees (may also fall under bigger budget).

All of the above.
Pretty much what I figured from the initial story about the lines.
Even more those who benefit, if a bigger budget happens, won't be the workers as much as the higher ups*.
*Example of what is meant here, while not the "same": "9 CEOs paid 800 times more than their workers" - Source

edit on 20-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I would have to go with inept for the vast majority. In my experience there is one exception: the airport in College Station, TX... Those guys are hardcore.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why are people putting up with this? It absolutely is a manufactured issue.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
if you are still flying, then why are you complaining?

Obviously, voting for hope and change isn't going to do it. and armed revolt seems a bit premature at this point. So your only voice on this must be heard through protest.

If you are still flying, then you are supporting the TSA. Bottom line.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think it could be argued that flying is a necessity, alternatives being walking, biking, driving, taking a bus or a boat.

Freedom of movement is a protected right under the Constitution.

I agree that there should be civil disobedience but that it should be done in the form of refusing the TSA's invasion of privacy.

Not to mention the fact that the TSA is being rolled out onto our streets.

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security.

edit on 21-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
if you are still flying, then why are you complaining?

Obviously, voting for hope and change isn't going to do it. and armed revolt seems a bit premature at this point. So your only voice on this must be heard through protest.

If you are still flying, then you are supporting the TSA. Bottom line.

Boycotts are how you protest against private companies, the TSA is no such thing.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The goverment won't listen. Or, rather, the people have no clue how to snap their rogue government to heel, like a nice obedient dog.

What does the government listen to? Money. THey are spending 7.2bil/year to protect an industry. Make that industry squirm to make Uncle Sam squirm.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't understand this argument.

How else do you presume I visit family 6.5K miles away without getting on a plane?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I don't understand this argument.

How else do you presume I visit family 6.5K miles away without getting on a plane?

Oh geez.

If you want to visit your family, do it. But you can't complain about them having you over a barrel if you voluntarily lay over said barrel.

Used to be people protested, and accepted that the results may be less than comfortable, and might be a bit inconvenient.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join