It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago cop charged with recorded beating of patient in handcuffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A Chicago police officer has been charged for his role in a beating and rough handling of a handcuffed prisoner.

The prisoner was in a hospital for a mental evaluation and the officer went off on the guy.

The incident was on 2 security camera tapes.

A veteran Chicago police officer sought retribution on a patient at a South Side hospital a short time after he was surprised and punched in the face by the man, Cook County prosecutors alleged Tuesday.

A surveillance camera at Jackson Park Hospital captured the burly officer attacking the patient, who by then had his hands cuffed behind his back after his assault on the officer, according to prosecutors.

Officer Clauzell Gause — 6-foot-6 and 235 pounds, according to his arrest report — shoved the patient and then struck him several times, the charges alleged.

here's the video ......
Chicago Cop Arrested For Beating Handcuffed Man

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Damn he did some work on that guy. Handcuffs were on and was in custody of medical professionals, what kind of percieved threat was there? I wonder how many times this Officer has gotten away with this in the past?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When I was little and things were somewhat normal in schools back in the 80's, another kid hit me and took the toy I was playing with. Well the teacher saw this, brought the other kid next to me, and said hit him back. What goes around comes around. Don't break the law, and don't attack a police officer. Was he wrong legally? Yes. Was he wrong morally? No.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hey! Where are the protests from Black Lives Matter? Oh, wait.....

No need. Everyone involved was Black.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The guy takes a punch for probably a million dollar payout. Not a bad deal when you think about it. If police continue to overstep their authority, the cost to insure them will have city taxpayers holding the bill.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
strange. I've watched it a bunch of times and looks to me that the officer missed in that first punch clearly, I'll watch again. Lol

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

When I was little and things were somewhat normal in schools back in the 80's, another kid hit me and took the toy I was playing with. Well the teacher saw this, brought the other kid next to me, and said hit him back. What goes around comes around. Don't break the law, and don't attack a police officer. Was he wrong legally? Yes. Was he wrong morally? No.

iTruthSeeker

Did you hit him back?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Smh.

And he has the power to make a decision with a gun.
In any other circumstances, that guy would have been dead.

What do you call a bully with a gun?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

iTruthSeeker

Did you hit him back?

Yes I did. He started crying and never did that to me again. The point being, criminals are not punished. They are arrested and then released. They do not fear jail like they should. If victims were allowed to serve karmatic justice, eye for an eye, I bet crime would go down pretty quick.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What's the problem here they do it in Homan Square all the time?!

/sarc.

In all seriousness, sure the officer was heated, wanted revenge for the earlier incident. Though at least the the officer was reprimanded for it(due to the patient's condition), can say so much in the secretive abuse lock up cases.
edit on 18-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: '

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There's nothing like handcuffing a guys hands behind his back and then giving him a good beating. Go China...er...i mean USA USA USA.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
There's nothing like handcuffing a guys hands behind his back and then giving him a good beating. Go China...er...i mean USA USA USA.

Yes because these same violent thug criminals fight fair and one on one.
I have no sympathy for them.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 18-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

When cops are the ones with brass knuckles ganging up and beating people then they are the thug criminals.

Per article.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

iTruthSeeker

Did you hit him back?

Yes I did. He started crying and never did that to me again. The point being, criminals are not punished. They are arrested and then released. They do not fear jail like they should. If victims were allowed to serve karmatic justice, eye for an eye, I bet crime would go down pretty quick.

iTruthSeeker

So, you mean that child was a criminal, the teacher was not a sadist, and saved you from being hit again, when things were normalish, would you not think then that a teacher bringing the other child over in a head to head confrontation and demand that child apologise, and never do it again would have as much impact, since this was a childish incident, and teacher's word is God.
A different world for adults, if they do have problems, or some sort of condition then they are taken to hospital for evaluation, as seems the case here, that could be anybody while a policeman got hit for reasons unknown or unexplained, so the policeman decided to do a bit of punching back while they guy is handcuffed (with additions), a bit like the teachers obvious restraint on the other child in your example, although you don't say you hit him more than once.
that police officer though, is now facing criminal charges, and was arrested, and possibly bailed.
I find no fault with that, thus far.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Cops are human.

24hr citizen cloud camera. If you wear a uniform without camera activation, you are fired and it is a felony.

Waaaaay too much power is put in the hands of the police.

Waaaaay too much damage can be done by a cocky ex soldier who thinks he is THE authority.

Usually after they jump you, they claim assault on a leo, charge you and wreck your future with a record, because their fragile egos wern't stroked.

At least they didn't shoot him in the spine with 2 tasers, and rob him, because he complied too quickly with the "get up" scream command, and bumped a shoulder into them as they were bending over to pick the guy up.
"Ooh, that's going to be a felony" the prick said.
-strictly hypothetical

This garbage tough guy attotude needs to be removed from law enforcement.

Ooh, he dissed me.

Buncha gangsters

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Another day, another maniac cop outed.
What else is new?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Damn he did some work on that guy. Handcuffs were on and was in custody of medical professionals, what kind of percieved threat was there? I wonder how many times this Officer has gotten away with this in the past?

They're just like wife beaters!
(Probably do!)
Knuckle dragging thugs!

top topics

join