It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you call a believer who doesn't love God ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SKMDC1

I would call them exactly as ignorant as anyone else who believes in a supernatural "higher" power.

Now, if you want to talk about ancient aliens having a hand in the evolution of biological life on Earth and whether you have a "love" for them or not, then that's a different discussion.

two ideas that can not be proven or disproved and believing in either/or could be considered ignorant in an equal matter. Your perception is what guides you, and your perception is very isolated and biased based on your own personnel experience.

I hope you dont confine yourself to only one perception it will only weaken you

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Sounds like the real problem is that you hate God because He isn't Buddha, you can't rub His belly and get what you want when you want it

Because someone says they hold no love for an object whether it be a god or an orange,does not automatically mean HATE.
As far as the rubbing of belly thing, I will not argue a myth about a myth. However here is my take on god and religion

If a tree was about to fall on a man and he prayed to God.....
1) tree hits him and he is maimed- god hates him or he needs penance. he deserved it for his wickedness.
2) tree misses him and he is saved- god loves him. He is lucky to be forgiven for his wickedness.

Nowhere in either scenario is there proof of God's existence. Just the ramblings of a self deluded individual who had a lucky roll with death, in the moment wrestled with his own guilt, he then decided to chalk it all up to his imaginary friend regardless of the outcome thereby alleviating his own guilt.

God's only manifestation is in the human psyche.

"In the wish for something magical lies the only chance for magic to exist."- A charlatans only hope is the unquestioning ignorance of his audience.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In My Father's House... We Speak Only Of The Order And The Code Which Binds Us.
Further... We Do Not Neglect The Talk Of Kings. Their's Is A Crown Upon Troubled Brows...
We Have, Although We Don't Want, Enemies. Worthy Adversaries... Men Of Renown... Noble... Honorable... And Insufferable. These Things God Has Given Us... That We May Yet Become Men.
For Without Them... We'd Be Suckers... Living And Dying Like Fools. Unworthy Of The Beauty... And The Strength... And The Wisdom... That Pours Into Our House From The Calamity That Is Woman. Old And Young... No Matter! We Love Them All. And As Long As We Do... They'll Keep Reminding Us That God Is Real. Do Not Believe Me... It's Not Important For Us To Charm Disbelievers. We Have No Honor In Our Attempts. What We Do Have Is Enemies Who Believe In God... And They Perform Their Miracles About The World. So... We Battle!
I Would Rather Die Believing In Him Who Is Believing In God. I'm A Lesser Being In That House... I Take My Orders From Men. What They Choose To Believe Is Not My Concern. Yet.
But... It Is Well With Me... Because I Believe This Glorious Masterpiece Called Woman. And She Is A Marvelous Creation. God Saved The Best For Last.... And We Wretched Men... Are Hopelessly Bound To Them. Forever!
edit on 18-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I would call them exactly as ignorant as anyone else who believes in a supernatural "higher" power.

Now, if you want to talk about ancient aliens having a hand in the evolution of biological life on Earth and whether you have a "love" for them or not, then that's a different discussion.

two ideas that can not be proven or disproved and believing in either/or could be considered ignorant in an equal matter. Your perception is what guides you, and your perception is very isolated and biased based on your own personnel experience.

I hope you dont confine yourself to only one perception it will only weaken you

I don't confine myself to one perception of unknowable truths, but I also don't pretend that an impossible truth is possible. I hope you are not doing that, my friend, because that way will only weaken you.

Thanks!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

but I also don't pretend that an impossible truth is possible

who are you to define what is possible and impossible with your very limited knowledge on the subjects at hand?

I find it funny that people are so quick to believe in super tech beings of which there is no prof of, but will immediately dismiss any possibility of the spirit world and an existence of a great spirit.

both equally possible and equally probable and could even exist with in this same universe.

it seems movies and other media have mind controled you to the point were you think you deem what is possible and what is not.

delusion is the greatest form weakness.
edit on 18-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What if God demands love for our sake, not His own.

What if God demands love so we taste better for his feast of souls upon death
What if monkeys could fly
what if...
What if the idea of such a tiny petty deity invalidates the entire concept of a deity.

Sounds like the real problem is that you hate God because He isn't Buddha, you can't rub His belly and get what you want when you want it

Since you are not me, you have absolutely no clue what is in my heart or mind, therefore you can only project your own thoughts onto me for easy identification.

so, clearly you are the one who hates god for not being buddah or whatever tripe you just wrote.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I don't need to project any thoughts I have onto you to identify a faceless person on the net I may never converse with again
There today, never again from tomorrow.

I agree, I have no clue and was wrong to assume, apologies

Just amuses me all the whinging going on about a God that no one believes in anyway, what's with that

and I don't hate God

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Just amuses me all the whinging going on about a God that no one believes in anyway, what's with that

I dont hate god, I am absolutely indifferent to the potential concept of source consciousness
I hate the followers of religion though who use their belief to end the lives of others.
And that is far too common.
I guess you could say I hate most religions then.
The fruit rots.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Isn't that sorta ironic?

The point of that pic is to imply the WTC would be here right?

But it would have been different: the WTC architecture was heavily influenced by Islamic styles.

Hmmm.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

I agree... Women are proof of God...
and the Devil!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
the WTC architecture was heavily influenced by Islamic styles.

And now its the new islamic style

the rubble period

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

God's only manifestation is in the human psyche.

You know, reading these books about philosophy, God, Law, etc, I always tend to think 99% of the posts on the internet are vastly lacking in contextual depth.

What's fascinating is that here you are implying that God is a fiction, whereas in academia there are actual debates about "can you seperate mind from matter or are they synonymous", etc.

The real Question is "is God the Mind?" And "if God isn't the Mind, what is Mind and what is God and what specifically seperates them in a definitive way?"

You really should read that book I suggested on page 1, it's fascinating. I'm really enjoying it, it even covers Eastern schools as well.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: muzzleflash
the WTC architecture was heavily influenced by Islamic styles.

And now its the new islamic style

the rubble period

Touché...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You do know atheism (Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao et al) used evolution to end more lives than all religions have ever, arguably

Though I bet you dont know the argument

Here you go

skeptoid.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You do know atheism (Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao et al) used evolution to end more lives than all religions have ever, arguably

Though I bet you dont know the argument

Here you go

skeptoid.com...

Foolish
They murdered people because they were ruthless dictators, not because they wanted to kill for atheism and cleanse the..non heathens or something

Because you brought up that absolute strawman of an argument, I can safely conclude that you are frightened of losing your own illogical views, therefore create a false opposition of equality in atrocities that staves you off from critical analysis, however, if you weren't such a liar, you would admit its wildly different.

Hitler was a vegetarian..he didn't murder the jews because of vegetarianism..that was a irrelevant attribute.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You can't just believe and get what you want?

But Mark 11:24 said this:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

That's funny because if you pray for an elephant will you get one? Guess the writer of Mark was wrong.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

or your context is completely absurd and you have taken a single text and blanket applied it to everything ignoring all other texts.

Why not ignore the bible and go to a wishing well and throw money in

Tell me Joe, what is the context of the fig tree in that text
The context of the judgement on the out of season fig tree, going to the temple, the cleansing of the temple, the judgement of the religious people in the temple
Then the reason to return to the tree that has whithered and explain the spiritual context of the acted out parable, the reason for the statement
11:24 said this:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

So you really think that whole story is about receiving what YOU want when you pray?

and then finally, add the context of that message Christ gave with the Lords prayer, with attention to this statement

"Thy will be done"
"For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,"

Read more: www.lords-prayer-words.com...

Reading a bible is not understanding the bible, studying the bible, thats different

Remember Mathew 6.
The Sermon on the mount, then immediatly this
7 “Continue to ask, and God will give to you. Continue to search, and you will find. Continue to knock, and the door will open for you. 8 Yes, whoever continues to ask will receive. Whoever continues to look will find. And whoever continues to knock will have the door opened for them.

God does not and never has promised fame, wealth, happiness, He has promised spiritual growth, conditional.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I have no desire for wealth or fame anyways. Spitiual growth. What is that? Perhaps emotional and character growth. I don't believe in spirits.

As far as the wishing well it's about as effective as prayer.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I have no desire for wealth or fame anyways. Spitiual growth. What is that? Perhaps emotional and character growth. I don't believe in spirits.

As far as the wishing well it's about as effective as prayer.

Irrespective what you want, its clear you didnt understand what you quoted at me in context.

That was my point

Yes I recommend a wishing well if you dont understand what you are reading.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

What context would that be? Earlier in Mark Jesus steaks a goat. Then he's hungry and curses a fig tree. Once the disciples saw he told them whatever they ask for will be granted them. So what exactly is the context in your opinion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join