It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you call a believer who doesn't love God ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What do you call a person who believes in a higher power (God) but has no love for God ?
Obviously such a person's anger and bitterness towards God is due to the extreme suffering that he had to endure in his life.
Is "deist" the right word to describe such people ? But deists do not believe in the supernatural aspects of religions like revelations , miracles , or the Do's and Don'ts mentioned in the scriptures . But i certainly do believe in those things that divine knowledge came in the form of revelations and that spiritually advanced beings are capable of doing miracles.

I guess i can't call myself a deist then , can i ?
But i do believe in one thing that deists too believe , and that is , God normally doesn't intervene in our matters.
It's as if our creator has abandoned us and left us to suffer. So is there even a term to describe a guy like me who's a believer but has no love for God ?
Thanks

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Believing in something doesn't mean you have to love it.

Santa Claus, faeries, leprechauns, stuff like that doesn't need to be loved, so why God.

If it has or should have a name, i have no idea.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh I believe in Yahweh's existence but I do not worship it, if and when I do pray I go above Yahweh and pray to the universe or infinite creator. Yahweh is middle management and kind of a prick if you ask me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You would call that person a Belieber.
Watch out for those persons....

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChildhoodLane

What do you call a believer who doesn't love God ?

Cognitive Dissonance.

Double Bind.
edit on 5/18/2016 by Klassified because: add

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Interesting perspective you have there.

Based on what you have posted, I would say you could be described as a deist. But I wouldn't get too hung-up on defining your views using a strict label.

I was initianlly tempted to coin the term antedeist but on reflection it doesn't seem like the correct one.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about labels. They just seem to divide people.

I don't believe in a god, but I don't not believe either. I don't care, it's irrelevant. If there is, cool. If not, oh well. I have no use for gods, Im busy, I have sh!t to do.

I don't know if there's a label for that, and it doesn't matter. Just do your thing man.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Id call them a realist.
The biblical god is an absolute asshat and is not deserving of anyones love or respect

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

If their name is Fred, you call them Fred.
Joanne, you call them Joanne.
George, you call them George.
Isabelle, you call them Isabelle.

Why use a label other than your name? A label isn't going to change who or what you are.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I would call them exactly as ignorant as anyone else who believes in a supernatural "higher" power.

Now, if you want to talk about ancient aliens having a hand in the evolution of biological life on Earth and whether you have a "love" for them or not, then that's a different discussion.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SKMDC1

I have no love for our alien creators.
They left us here to dig for gold all on our own.

Please come back and help us out alien forefathers!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You have a long way to go in terms of this dilemma, and it's a real roller coaster.

First of all, "God" is defined philosophically as "Almighty, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, Infinite, and Eternal".
-- This means God planned and controls actively every single event, thought, action, etc, of every aspect of Universal Reality, down to every atom. Chemical reactions, gravitational orbits, that penny you found on the ground the other day, every letter composing your post today and your feelings, etc etc.

Secondly, only Two (2) things exist, which can be further considered One (1) thing.
- God, or Everything
and You

The perception that many things exist and are independent actors is only a necessary illusion.

In terms of the "Matrix" conception, all of Reality is a type of 'Holographic Fabrication' whereby everything we sense is generated electromagnetically via a type of computer.

In this computerized illusion, the "Administrator, or God" acts from outside the Reality from a separate and distinct super-reality. Admin exists outside of Time, because It can rewind, fast-forward, pause, etc; in order to rearrange, reprogram, or otherwise affect any aspect of the System.

You are essentially Admin playing within this System for whatever purpose, and you are also at the same time, not Admin because your control over the System is extremely limited.

So the Tertiary (3) aspect must be Prayer and Faith, because you are essentially set up to be completely screwed over in some way or another.

Prayer and Faith allows a direct link between you and the Admin, whereby you might request edits or fixes to the Dynamics of the System. Sometimes, from my experience, these petitions for edits are granted.

Keep in mind: it was already pre-ordained or designed that you would request these edits from the outset of System Boot, that whichever edits granted were for a reason, and the ones denied were also for a reason.

As the player-character in this illusion, there is no valid way to determine Admin's ultimate Goals or Reasoning, the underlying substance or mechanism of operation, or even why the heck you exist in this illusion.

That is were instinct and intuition come into play, you have to "Follow your Heart" and "Go with the Flow", because you aren't capable of doing anything else technically.

For instance, I was generated specifically to tell you I was generated to inform you that I was generated and so on and so forth. From my perspective, you were generated to compel me to inform you of that.

Everything happening is for a reason yes, but that reason or purpose is impossibly mysterious from our limited perceptions as we lack infinite data to calculate the ultimate outcome of this System.

Of course, we could go into far more detail and my post could be revised and edited for better accuracy and clarity, but I'm outta time, as my time is not Admins time.

You ought to Pray for wisdom and understanding, and for Help. It does create action and response. And it appears, at least for a lack of better terminology, to work to an extent, but that degree of effectiveness is variable and up to you to discover.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

petty and lost.

no reason to harbor hate just because things didnt go your way if most people thought like that the world would be in disseray.

oh wait

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Oh I believe in Yahweh's existence but I do not worship it, if and when I do pray I go above Yahweh and pray to the universe or infinite creator. Yahweh is middle management and kind of a prick if you ask me.

It's a bit strange
Yahweh is labeled a genocidal maniac for killing what would now be considered modern day Isis
Then we get this moaning because God won't intervene today

Silly really

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

What do you call a person who believes in a higher power (God) but has no love for God ?

I wouldn't call them anything. Why is there a concern for this person actions? It's up to them, right?
Besides, if you ever feel you need to judge someone because of something they've done, just picture the face of Jesus on this person (because this person IS Jesus,) and then proceed from there. Just a suggestion.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

They left us here to dig for gold all on our own.

I believe you're right. And now they're on their way back to collect what we've dug. Perhaps that's why so many are claiming that secure Gold storage sites like Fort Knox, are empty. The stuff has been hidden...

Cue the Twilight Zone soundboard.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have been utilizing these great books, among a few dozen others (mostly about laws, procedure, basic jurisprudence, etc).

These three explain the historical arguments about reality and God in depth, and I am highly recommending them to anyone here that actually wants to learn and know more about this topic:

I just took the pic, that's my desk btw.

The one on the Right, "Philosophy: The Power of Ideas" by Moore n Bruder is very good; please read chapter 3 'Modern Metaphysics' detailing the debates of existence by Descartes, Hobbes, Spinoza, Berkeley, Hume, and Kant.

Also check out "The Enlightenment World" by Fitzpatrick, Jones, Knellwolf, n McCalman
and
"Western Philosophy: An Anthology" by Cottingham.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If God needs love, or even wants love, then its not a god.

Does a engineer need love from the machine it builds?

What is God I guess is the best first question in this context. Are we discussing specifically the judeo-christian version of god? a more spiritual source of all things type god which is part of a rock and ourselves, or we going more with the infinate layers of lower and higher aspects of consciousness, etc...

After that, what then are you defining as love? family platonic love? or like..romance?
What is love? (baby dont hurt me)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
And now they're on their way back to collect what we've dug.

I guess they are stuck in traffic for the last 4 years

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
If God needs love, or even wants love, then its not a god.

Does a engineer need love from the machine it builds?

What is God I guess is the best first question in this context. Are we discussing specifically the judeo-christian version of god? a more spiritual source of all things type god which is part of a rock and ourselves, or we going more with the infinate layers of lower and higher aspects of consciousness, etc...

After that, what then are you defining as love? family platonic love? or like..romance?
What is love? (baby dont hurt me)

What if God demands love for our sake, not His own.
What if God wants us to understand that He wants to be seen as a Father not a judge.
What if it was to help us understand, not for Himself

The term love as described in scripture is called agape love, don't confuse it with Eros love or Phillio love
Just hearing, reading the bible is not enough, it must be studied, you can make some very silly interpretations if you just read it

Sounds like the real problem is that you hate God because He isn't Buddha, you can't rub His belly and get what you want when you want it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join