It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you ever buy a house and live in that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yes, but I want to design it so it'll look like a 2,000 square foot van.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

it seems a few posters didn't get what you meant but i certainly did.

Why pay so much for a Property if you spend most of your time out of it at work for example... most people only use one these days for eating food and sleeping. I think house costs are over-inflated for something you spend ost of your life out of... I think the cost of property should come down and i mean a big drop. Why should it cost so uch ust to eat and sleep somewhere?

With the exception of those of those with Children of school age and below.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I bought a yuge duplex, rent half and it ays the bills. Yep I live in the other half, seems smarter than paying rent.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Listen to this guy if you want to have your own home... It's not hard as it seems, especially in the U.S where there is plenty of land.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Now you're going too far.

An actual bricks and mortar house?

I'm sorry, that's just too out there.

Where did you find this guy?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm more interested in the OP's reasons for not wanting to buy a house.

Property taxes? Municipal obligations? Repairs? Maintenance costs? Owning a house can be a pain, but then most things worth having in life demand some toil and worry.

Of course you mustn't try to buy one unless you know you can meet these costs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Domo is taking the mickey out of Lavatrances threads.

If you missed the one about pooping in a bucket in a car. Be thankful you were spared.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
House? Boring! Live in a trash bag. They're water proof. Just poke holes in it for air.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Aha! Thanks. I've been away a bit.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Do what I did, work on your credit for years, save some money for years, pay lots of taxes for atleast 2 years then buy a duplex, live in half of it and rent the other to pay for your payment, but put down real tile not carpet, add your money to the rent and double payments, pay it off quick, rent both sides, keep 80% of the money and do wtf you want. Only works if You buy a nice one or fix it up because if the rent isn't high then you wont have enough cash. As for living in that house or any other house, that's a personal choice for all and everyone is different, I do believe every kid deserves a house with a yard and not an apartment. I don't have kids so I can do anything, go anywhere and not have to work.

On the other hand, I know a guy that has millions and he rents, he doesn't want hassles, but he IS rich so that makes a difference if you are not.
edit on 17-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Astyanax

Domo is taking the mickey out of Lavatrances threads.

If you missed the one about pooping in a bucket in a car. Be thankful you were spared.

Thanks! I fully understand that not everyone can buy a house. I was making a little joke about the threads about living in various things.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Why pay so much for a Property if you spend most of your time out of it at work for example... most people only use one these days for eating food and sleeping

Well, we keep animals, so that's one reason.

Plus, its an investment. It will basically be my kids' retirement plan.

And owning one, you can make it however you like. When I'm NOT working, we try and enjoy the property.

Not to mention, we humans are into STUFF...so have to have a place to put STUFF....lol...to quote Carlin.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Whole life insurance is another way to pass inheritance to your kids without a significant tax burden. Plus you can borrow from its cash value. Just don't let them know, or they may plan your demise

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

We're doing that too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join