It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes are Proof of a Expanding Earth.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

*Cough*

Mariana Trench. Mariana Islands. Subduction & volcanism! Connection! You seem to be ignoring this a lot, so I'm going to keep reminding everyone about this.

Now on another note, while reading this, I thought of you

Scientists: Earth Endangered by New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans

so I'm going to keep reminding everyone about this.
Well, good, go for it. Keep reminding folks their appears to be a higher intelligence other than our own, floating around, somewhere.........

Given the fact that you continue to flee from my points, you have that backwards. Mariana Trench. Mariana Islands. Subduction. Volcanoes.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your source:

Contributors
Andy Borowitz

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. In 2001, he created the Borowitz Report, a satirical news column that has millions of readers around the world, for which he won the first-ever National Press Club award for humor.
www.newyorker.com...

Would you care to provide the study which he is referring to in his satirical essay?

edit on 6/19/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Time, will ultimately be my judge
No time is required to dismiss your claim that the Earth is hollow. The probability of that is zero based on facts already cited. The moon wouldn't have the orbit it does around the Earth if the Earth was hollow, because the Earth wouldn't have enough mass, and many other observations already contradict your claims.

The problem isn't that you're rejecting the mainstream model, the problem is that you haven't even learned that model so you don't know enough about it to reject it. The objections you've posted here are based on your misunderstandings of the mainstream model, not the actual model.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

No time is required to dismiss your claim that the Earth is hollow. The probability of that is zero based on facts already cited. The moon wouldn't have the orbit it does around the Earth if the Earth was hollow, because the Earth wouldn't have enough mass, and many other observations already contradict your claims.
I'm not claiming its hollow, the worlds greatest mathematicians did. You Know, Newton, Halley, and Leonard Euler. I'm only claiming Earthquakes are proof of a expanding earth. I can't help it if solid planets can not expand.

The objections you've posted here are based on your misunderstandings of the mainstream model, not the actual model.
I reject a global, molten core or layer. I reject Subduction. That is kind of simple, isn't it? I know those two well enough to reject them, and any theory or assumptions that manifests itself from them are rejected as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Your source:

Contributors
Andy Borowitz

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. In 2001, he created the Borowitz Report, a satirical news column that has millions of readers around the world, for which he won the first-ever National Press Club award for humor.
www.newyorker.com...

Would you care to provide the study which he is referring to in his satirical essay?
You do have a sense of humor lol lol

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm not claiming its hollow, the worlds greatest mathematicians did. You Know, Newton, Halley, and Leonard Euler. I'm only claiming Earthquakes are proof of a expanding earth. I can't help it if solid planets can not expand.

The objections you've posted here are based on your misunderstandings of the mainstream model, not the actual model.
I reject a global, molten core or layer. I reject Subduction. That is kind of simple, isn't it? I know those two well enough to reject them, and any theory or assumptions that manifests itself from them are rejected as well.

But given the fact that you posted those pictures of the Mariana Trench and the corresponding Mariana Islands, it's patently obvious that you don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

But given the fact that you posted those pictures of the Mariana Trench and the corresponding Mariana Islands, it's patently obvious that you don't know what you're talking about I'm afraid.

If you mean to simply call these "marks", or maybe more appropriately, "Skid Marks", Subduction and volcanoes, you are correct. I can not translate what I see into some mythology called subduction.

The path of least resistance is the physical or metaphorical pathway that provides the least resistance to forward motion by a given object or entity, among a set of alternative paths. The concept is often used to describe why an object or entity takes a given path.
www.google.com...

Now, when two plates meet at a fracture zone and are clearly pushing against one another, which way will the force flow??? Mountain building is one example, the crust follows the path of least resistance. Air, is far far less dense of a obstacle, than miles and miles of rock, in any state of condition. And there is a hell of a lot of evidence to show the crust follows this principle. And if subduction does not exist, then expansion, does!

Another myth is, we are alone, and always have been. Recently at this link, it is proven beyond any reasonable doubt, there was, and as far as anyone knows, still is, very advanced technology.Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

And if the above is true, there is no way what so ever we can state what the limits of that technology can be, or, how old it is. Or, any of its capabilities or limitations.

And to be blatantly honest, one must consider the following, global, "cart tracks" as a form of advanced technology. The earth will give us our answers, if we only allow it to.

Cart-ruts

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Please keep posting. You keep showing that you know nothing about this. Mariana Trench. Mariana Islands. Subduction in the one place leads to volcanoes in the other. QED.

This is getting boringly one-sided.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Please keep posting. You keep showing that you know nothing about this. Mariana Trench. Mariana Islands. Subduction in the one place leads to volcanoes in the other. QED.

This is getting boringly one-sided.

May not be boring if you live in California: This just in..

In Cali, scientists “have observed that based on the movement of tectonic plates, with the Pacific plate moving northwest of the North American plate, earthquakes should be relieving about 16 feet of accumulated plate movement every 100 years. Yet the San Andreas has not relieved stress that has been building up for more than a century,” as reported by the LA Times. Jordan told attendees to be prepared to see quakes near San Bernardino’s Cajon Pass as strong as magnitude 8.
Relieving, in stead of subducting plate stress? Wha......
Locked and loaded: San Andreas fault ready to go, warns scientist

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Relieving, in stead of subducting plate stress? Wha......
You just keep re-proving the point I made earlier:

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
The problem isn't that you're rejecting the mainstream model, the problem is that you haven't even learned that model so you don't know enough about it to reject it. The objections you've posted here are based on your misunderstandings of the mainstream model, not the actual model.
Your latest question demonstrates you still don't understand the plate tectonics model you're rejecting, even though it was explained clearly in the short video I posted earlier in the thread, near the bottom of page 9.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Mariana Trench. Mariana Islands.

The skid marks can be replicated by making a globe covered in oil based modeling clay. Take another spherical in the ratio of the moon. Drag it along the in the same paths as is represented on google.

One main feature of these drag marks is that, when they were produced, the earth was rotating oppositely of what it does today. The Sun rose, in the west.

The first mark, to the east, shows that what ever spherical object was used, actually slowed the planet down as represented by the semi circle of debris piled up to create the Mariana Islands. The second mark left less material as the Earth slowed even more. And the third shows virtually no turning of the planet at all. I would suggest that the tilt of the planet was adjusted for some reason. To enhance or create the seasons, or some other reason.

The South Sandwich ridge debris pile demonstrates, again, the Earth was rotating in the opposite direction as today. It appears as though this adjustment was used to slow the planet down initially. Length of day could then be set to what ever you wanted, as set by speed of rotation, and direction.

What makes this possible is the actual mechanics of the planet. The core of the planet, regardless of what you believe it to be, is actually anchored to the sun in a fashion unknown to me, but at a basically stable distance. The core is in essence magnetically levitating the crust around it, so that the core acts as a bearing, allowing the crust to be rotated in any direction, or any speed. And I might add, even expand, as their is nothing connecting the core, to the crust. I believe the opposite electrical charge is supplied externally by the van Allen radiation belt to the crust, to repulse the core, to the center, and the crust to its center.

It is difficult to determine when this adjustment was made because of contamination of the ocean bed with materials from the spherical adjuster and any materials dragged into the scar itself. But looking at the Pressure ridge that runs from the Alaskan coast to the tip of the scar, I wouldn't put the age less than 10 million years.

In the Marianas scars the adjuster entered the water near present day Japan but has been obliterated by the pressure ridge itself. At the Sandwich Islands it appears to have entered the water west of the isthmus connecting Antarctica with South America, which was obliterated and dragged eastwards, hence the eastward bends of the continents. This would also explain why identical species of flora and fauna are found on both continents in this area. And if science would like to confirm this, all they have to do is search the north and south continental ridge in this scar, and will find the same results.

The Marianas Island volcanoes are a result of localized hot spots caused by the excessive weight of the dragged materials piled up, not proof of subduction at all. It only proves that water weight and the weight of continental debris can cause pressures that can cause liquidation of the lower surface, in the form of lava. And the lava pressure seeks the path of least resistance, up.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

May not be boring if you live in California: This just in..

San Andreas is a transform fault but what's your point?

One main feature of these drag marks is that, when they were produced, the earth was rotating oppositely of what it does today. The Sun rose, in the west.
Heh.
Heh, heh.
Heh, heh, heh.
Bwahahahahaa.

Oh my. We finally get the punchline.

edit on 6/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

For the first time, scientists have produced a computer image showing huge sections of California rising and sinking around the San Andreas fault.

The vertical movement is the result of seismic strain that will be ultimately released in a large earthquake.

The San Andreas fault is California’s longest earthquake fault, and one of the state’s most dangerous. Scientists have long expected that parts of California are rising — and other parts sinking — around the fault in a way that is ongoing, very subtle and extremely slow.

Such vertical movement makes a lot of sense. California sits on the border of two gigantic tectonic plates — the Pacific and North American — that are constantly grinding past each other.

'Seismic strain': Land around the San Andreas fault is rising and sinking, new earthquake research shows

And if the rising parts are part of the Pacific Plate, then the lowering parts are on the North American Plate. Which means that when the plates finally let go, Japan better get ready for the same.

But Shouldn't subduction, subduct, all this tension? I mean, if subduction was real, would we have earthquakes in the first place???

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

San Andreas is a transform fault but what's your point?
Don't you read my links at all?

LONG BEACH, Calif. (INTELLIHUB) — Thomas Jordan, director of the Southern California Earthquake Center, told attendees of a conference Wednesday, that the “springs on the San Andreas system have been wound very, very tight. And the southern San Andreas fault, in particular, looks like it’s locked, loaded and ready to go.”

While this type of rhetoric is nothing new for Californians, who have been told their whole lives that a portion of Cali may fall into the ocean, the news is actually extremely alarming and dovetails with other areas in the United States that are also currently building up pressure. These areas include the New Madrid fault region near the Mississippi River that got struck with what some are calling a foreshock Tuesday, and also the Yellowstone region, which is the home of a massive supervolcano.
www.intellihub.com...

The implications are going to be quite, earth shattering. But then again some people just want to, well, keep their heads in the sand.

It may be a mild event with little or no major impact, or, it could be a million year event. And as the Scientists say, there is no way to tell. Mother Nature is going to do what it has to do in order to keep its balance. And I wouldn't count on Subduction showing up to save the day, that is going to be a no show.....

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

As I said, please keep posting. A) You keep showing how little you seem to know about basic geology, let alone plate tectonics or even subduction. It's no wonder that you reject it as you don't even understand it. B) Oh dearie me, you also know nothing about the Scotia Arc. C) You keep ignoring the VOLCANOES on the MARIANA ISLANDS. Sorry to use caps, but this is getting embarrassing, watching you ignore this. And D) The Earth used to rotate the other way??? (Hysterical laughter)

Heh. is very amusing. But you need to stop now, as anything else you post will just undermine any remaining credibility you might have somewhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Heh. is very amusing. But you need to stop now, as anything else you post will just undermine any remaining credibility you might have somewhere.
I humbly accept your subducted compliment lol.

But which is it, keep posting, or stop now. I get so confused sometimes..lol

You know, I have already played the scenario out in my mind. You know, the Orson Wells one? He was such a kidder.. Maybe I ought to go out and buy a couple of extra cans of dog food.

I could say more about credibility, but let the facts stand as they are.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So the Earth was rotating in the opposite direction? Conservation of angular momentum makes this rather unlikely...

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433

So the Earth was rotating in the opposite direction? Conservation of angular momentum makes this rather unlikely...

In physics, angular momentum (rarely, moment of momentum or rotational momentum) is the rotational analog of linear momentum. It is an important quantity in physics because it is a conserved quantity – the angular momentum of a system remains constant unless acted on by an external torque.
Unless acted on by an external torque, or, I would add, break. External, hmmm, let me see, oh yes, the moon is external, right? And if it came into contact with the earth, why, it could be that torque, or break. I sure would not have wanted to live on the coast when that happens

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not forgetting how Mankind has shifted 'X' Tonnes of material from A to B , like new Dams + Skyscrapers in China for instance, .. Metals, possibly South of the equator and thereby Negative, to zones - China again, North of the equator. Weight plus disturbance of magnetic fields plus Natural expansion.........That cannot help

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: steaming
Not forgetting how Mankind has shifted 'X' Tonnes of material from A to B , like new Dams + Skyscrapers in China for instance, .. Metals, possibly South of the equator and thereby Negative, to zones - China again, North of the equator. Weight plus disturbance of magnetic fields plus Natural expansion.........That cannot help

Yes, I suppose everything has an effect. But if you look at what mankind has contributed to the overall imbalance, it probably equals out over the entire planet.

But if my hunch is correct, there actually may have been a out of balance event some 70 million years ago. And minor ones that followed. It may even be the reason why the Pacific opens up so quickly, in order to regain balance. Its just not your mama's and your papa's space dust, anymore......

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join