It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Engineer Reveals Evidence for Advanced Ancient Civilisation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Did an advanced ancient civilization capable of shaping stones using power tools exist in the remote past? And did this civilization predate all known cultures associated with megalithic sites around the globe up to this day? Definitely yes. That's the conclusion of Andrej Sklyarov, a Russian researcher who - like Christopher Dunn - has a background in mechanical engineering and inspected various tool marks and other peculiar features exhibited in stonework currently attributed to cultures who are said to have fabricated these mega structures using copper chisels, stone balls and other primitive tools.

The video below provides an overview of his findings:

Although the clip has been around for some time (and has been mentioned on ATS before) it has never been subject of a thread of its own, as far as I know.

Interestingly, Sklyarov first introduces the hardness scale of different stone types, explaining that tools need to be harder than the materials they are applied to. However, he also points to the fact that copper tools would require an abrasive like quartz sand in order to work a harder material such as granite. Yet, the alleged use of copper tools is not consistent with the results seen on many artifacts:

For those who don't have the time to watch the video, here go just a few of the many highlights he presents:

Hole drilled into granite (Karnak):

Sawmarks Giza Plateau:

Saqqara: Blocks leveled off with high precision:

Same type of block, leveled off, surface discolored due to machine tooling:

Artifact in southern Saqqara (cut with high speed circular saw):

Tool veered off to the side, leaving behind crease:

Edges extending around corners (granite temple):

Peculiar arrangement of stones near Machu Pichu:

He goes into much detail explaining what's so specific about the fabrication methods of the stonework and why he concludes that he is certain that machines (and methods unknown to us today) must have been used to achieve the illustrated effects.

Personally, I think it's entirely possible that there has been an earlier civilization. I'm well aware that there is hardly evidence for a lost culture besides the inexplicable stonework left behind but I still believe something was going on back then that we have yet to figure out. I will close this thread with an image that Chris Dunn posted on his site showing the similarity in production methods then and now (based on modern machining, in comparison to Puma Punku) ...

SOURCES AND LINKS:
------------------------------------------
1. Advanced Ancient Civilizations - Results of the LAH Expeditions 2004-2011
2. More information about Pepi II Neferkare
3. Prehistoric Machined Artifacts
4. Advanced Machining in Ancient Egypt
5. Stonework in Peru and Bolivia (Puma Punku)
edit on 17-4-2016 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Replying to read later. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say but unfortunately it will Prob have a few troll answers.
Thanks for posting this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thanks, Cloudbuster. I forgot to mention in the OP that I look forward to a fruitful, non-confrontational discussion!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

I look forward to reading more.
Will rtn later.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

One explanation about ancient engineering that I have heard about is that some sort of chemical was used to soften the stone.

Fawcett relates that at first he dismissed it as a "tall tale", then after hearing further accounts, as a "popular tradition" but eventually he heard another story that convinced him of the existance of this plant that can soften rock. This later story involved a man wearing spurs who, having lost his horse, was forced to walk some distance and passed through thick bush to find on the other side that his spurs had been eaten away. On discussing the matter, this man was informed that what had eaten his spurs away was the wide patch of growth of a certain plant "about a foot high, with dark reddish leaves" that he had passed through. He was told "... That's the stuff the Incas used for shaping stones. The juice will soften rock up till it's like paste. ..."

The plant that softens stone

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Thanks, Cloudbuster. I forgot to mention in the OP that I look forward to a fruitful, non-confrontational discussion!

So, only bobble heads need respond then.

Nod nod wink wink (knowing look.)

Harte

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

One explanation about ancient engineering that I have heard about is that some sort of chemical was used to soften the stone.

Indeed, it looks as though they could shape the stones exactly how they needed them. Sklyarov also mentions that some of the masonry looks as though somebody used a hot knife to cut through cold butter, metaphorically speaking of course. He also asks himself if and which kind of chemical might have been used (in combination with power tools).

When looking at the stones in Machu Pichu (see OP) or Sacsayhuaman, it looks as if the stone material was more like cement poured into a form resembling the required shape. But then again most of the polygonal Inca masonry is made out of granite, andesite or limestone.
edit on 17-4-2016 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Somebody with 42 million stars (acc. to your profile) is of course welcome to post a comment. BTW: If you know a trick how to get that many stars, please send me a PM ...

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very cool video...no question the old guys used something other than chiles to cut stone. But what? I think it was something other than a steel blade and related machinery...why you ask, well someone would of found all or part of this type of machine...and that has not happened. Or if it has been found it is being kept a secret.

The plant that eat stone gig doesn't work for me...alien technology does work. They...the alien...landed, made friends with the locals, built stuff and left taking their toys with them...thus no relics lying around.

Sometimes people don't talk to me very much at parties...could be because of this...ya think?

But it is too windy to go to the beach anyway...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes, very nice thread and a subject close to my heart. One may expect more serious conclusions from mainstream scientist when it comes to this subject of "machined" stone work of our ancient past. The thing is that the same quality of stonework and used technology seems to have been applied all over the world at the same moment in ancient history.

To my knowledge no (mainstream) scientist has ever tried to investigate the stonework link between the different cultures on the different continents in that particular moment in time. I think it will take one or more established scientist with the likes of a Robert Schoch to change the way it should look upon.

At about 13.25 the man is asking himself what material could have been used... There is a thread about Carbyne HERE and Graphene.. Its a stretch I know but this could maybe be the technology used for slicing and dicing those rocks as if working with butter.

Man, would it not be something if one of these days "they" wil find the machinery used for working that stone the way they did?

Anyways... the world has still many mysteries to uncover. Maybe the answers will come from a complete unexpected direction when somebody will stand up and will remove the truth protected layers...

edit on 17/4/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Reminds me of the X Men movie Days of Future Past ending (Spoiler):

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I've watched the entire, excellent, video. Another word to describe it may seem a bit strange, but it is beautiful. This is the best work that I've every seen to support the concepts of complex machines being used on ancient structures. His presentation is rapid and straightforward. And the best part, in the end he leaves it up to you to wonder, were these works done by lost human methodology or do they suggest ETs.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It's certainly fascinating, but I'm of the view that no "advanced" or "modern" technology was needed to create these effects, just more time and attention to detail. After all, the only reason we use power tools now is not because it's the only way to do something, but because it's a quicker and more efficient way.

There is no reason, in my opinion, why an ancient civilization couldn't create the same kinds of stone finishes we can create now using technological means they had available to them at the time.

Still, it's very interesting to see what they were truly capable of back then.

I'm reminded of a documentary I saw recently of the heads on Easter Island. They worked out how they managed to move those stones after they were carved from the volcanic rock and moved down hill, and they only needed a small number of people to do it. All the clues were there, from the legends of them "walking" to the details of the eyes being used for rope placement.

Seems to me it's often the case that we just underestimate these ancient people and the work they were willing to put into their structures.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

It may be a bit premature to jump to the ET conclusion because he did say we have tools that can ALMOST do what they did back when the stones were cut . Wouldn't it be great to stumble upon some of the machinery or technology instead of the evidence that it did exist at some point in the past .

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Engineer Chris Dunn has called attention to much of the presented material in the past, with little or no uptake on his findings....
It looks as though modern archaeologictc just don't wanna go there as it upsets their applecarts.....
The obvious conclusion is technology of some kind....
More advanced in some ways than our own....to be sure....
But exactly what remains mysterious...(.Water saws maybe with abrasive added but youd need major pressure....)
The "science of Archgaeology is simply not based on the evidence available....
edit on 17-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

The "science of Archgaeology is simply not based on the evidence available.

And it is the narrative that seems to be maintained or denied that is more crucial then the truth of the matter .Look into what the quick resulting effects of Mount Saint Helens did . It carved out a mini Grand Canyon in days with the same type of layering ,yet we are to believe that it took millions of years to make the GC ....why ...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think this is the general problem with the study of ancient cultures (lack of engineers and other specialized experts involved with theorizing what happened) . I have seen this evidence before and believe many to be machine tool marks. That said, it doesn't mean they were electric powered or alien technology, just machines (spinning abrasive discs, saws etc.).

The Machu Pichu stonework however is of another kind in my opinion. Not machined. Something lost to modern man.

If people looked at our tools after a thousand years, they would think we didn't have steel tools since it would all be rusted away.
edit on 17-4-2016 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

Bury a plastic Coke bottle filled with used motor oil in a hole with an axe head. Come back a thousand years from now and you won't find anything in that hole.

Whatever civilization built the megalithic structures has been gone so long ... every (other) trace of their existence has been lost to time.

At least they left something behind to baffle archaeologists with. -Chuckles

ETA: Pay particularly close attention to what the narrator has to say at the 18:50 - 19:25 mark. The etchings (attributed to the Egyptians) were applied long after the pieces were created.
edit on 1742016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately, its the OOPARTS which are the most fascinating finds....
But puzzling out the the details is sketchy....
Notwithstanding this....the story so far described by the experts doesn't seem to cover the facts...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3rs
a reply to: Harte

Somebody with 42 million stars (acc. to your profile) is of course welcome to post a comment. BTW: If you know a trick how to get that many stars, please send me a PM ...

That member seems to have a role in ATS as a "gate keeper"...thus a million stars.

Best thread on ATS in a very long time!
S&Fs!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join