It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman Gun Auction Hijacked by Apparently Fake Bids; Internet users placed bids as high as

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Internet users may have put to an end to George Zimmerman’s attempt to auction online the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin.

Apparently fake accounts jacked up the bids to higher than $65 million as of Friday morning, according to the Associated Press, with the leading bidder listed as “Racist McShootFace.”

Zimmerman, 32, caused an uproar when he tried to sell the pistol he used to shoot an unarmed black teenager online earlier this week. The site originally hosting the auction, GunBroker.com took the listing offline, saying they “wanted no part in the listing on our website or in any of the publicity it is receiving.”

Zimmerman took his listing to the United Gun Group, where the bidding for the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol started at $5,00

George Zimmerman Gun Auction Hijacked by Apparently Fake Bids; Internet users placed bids as high as $65 million

Racist McShootFace leads the bidding.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri May 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Heh, heh.

I hear, this is why we can't have anything nice.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: XP100

Internet users may have put to an end to George Zimmerman’s attempt to auction online the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin.

Good, rub it up him, the Sicko.
edit on 13-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Racist McShootFace is not a real person?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You can own a piece of American history...

From United Gun Group auction site

Introduction

Prospective bidders,

I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon. The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012. The gun is a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm. It has recently been returned to me by the Department of Justice. The pistol currently has the case number written on it in silver permanent marker. Many have expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm including The Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. This is a piece of American History. It has been featured in several publications and in current University text books. Offers to purchase the Firearm have been received; however, the offers were to use the gun in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with. The firearm is fully functional as the attempts by the Department of Justice on behalf of B. Hussein Obama to render the firearm inoperable were thwarted by my phenomenal Defense Attorney. I recognize the purchaser's ownership and right to do with the firearm as they wish. The purchaser is guaranteed validity and authenticity of the firearm. On this day, 5/11/2016 exactly one year after the shooting attempt to end my life by BLM sympathizer Matthew Apperson I am proud to announce that a portion of the proceeds will be used to: fight BLM violence against Law Enforcement officers, ensure the demise of Angela Correy's persecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric. Now is your opportunity to own a piece of American History. Good Luck.

Your friend, George M. Zimmerman

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

OMG! That cracked me up! Racist McShootFace! I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

I hope he can't sell the POS gun... I can't believe anyone would actually want it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
No matter WHAT happened between him and Trayvon Martin, it's disgusting to auction a weapon you killed someone with.

Zimmerman gets zero sympathy from me because his actions since the court case have been despicable.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Offers to purchase the Firearm have been received; however, the offers were to use the gun in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with.

Like shooting people...

Maybe he's afraid someone will make a gear shift lever out of it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wonder if he hangs out with Boaty McBoatface

edit on 13-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I believe they are cousins. Their fathers are McBroFaces.

Anyway, greed knows no bounds in today's world.
edit on 5/13/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i burst out laughing when i read the name as well, and had to post it!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Haha UK for the win with the Mcface joke! Likely our best contribution of the decade

Seriously though haha for zimmerman the scum bag.

And i backed his defence

The prosecutor did a piss poor job in my opinion though.

The jury had no choice as the prosecution left far to much reasonable doubt .

edit on 13-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
UPDATE! "Weedlord Bonerhitler" and "Donald Trump" have placed bids as well.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I can see why gunbroker pulled the action from there site a minute before it went live now.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For that price one could buy a small army....

Or some nukes...

Starting price as much as a Barrett?

These must be fake bids... only the most idiotic racist scum would seriously consider buying a $400 handgun for anything more than that price..

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What if the terms of service allow them to track down one of these jokers and make him or her pay the big money.

Reverse burn

edit on 5/13/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I hope he can't sell the POS gun... I can't believe anyone would actually want it.

Neither can I just for the fact that it was a Kel-Tec,doubt anyone would seriously cast a real bid on it when it started at $5k,especially since you can get one just like it for under $275 that is NIB at most any gun store,or for even less used.
edit on 13-5-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I know right? Now if it was a glock, or a kimber....then I might be inclined to show interest...if for a second.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Its his property, he can do what he wants as disgusting as that may be. Some of the comments here raise alarm. Not for Zimmerman himself (he's a douche), but for the very freedoms and rights we use to defend ourselves. A jury had it, let him go...why kick a dead martin?

Because he defended himself and killed someone should not be taken as off the sleeve or in jest. Was he just for doing so? 12 people thought so or he'd be wearing Florida orange right now. I don't like the man and I thought as a gun owner/carrier he could have been more scrupulous in his decision making instead of acting like an armchair security guard at Macy's.

On the reverse side of it, Martin could have also done things differently to help ensure the interaction did not escalate. Instead Zimmerman chose to go beyond his charge as neighborhood tattle tail, and Martin chose to follow hip hop culture all the way to the end 2Pac style.

Is it tragic? I don't think so..they each got what they deserved for both not acting like human beings. Zimmerman very likely saved taxpayers a lot of money down the road. And as for him....like it or not.....its his stuff to sell. I don't think he should have been so public about his motives or at all. I think he should have been very hush hush about it.

yet when you listen to his reasoning, he makes valid points. If we were in his shoes, I'd bet we'd make some of the same points considering what the nation put him through. He had a right to defend himself, Martin attacked him first, thems the facts like it or not.

I'd buy it for a nickel, give him an azz kicking, and melt it down to make more bullets.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

What a scumbag thing todo. I don't know what happened but at the end of the day you had a 17 year old kid die.

Very distasteful.

In regards to Racist McShootFace derived from boaty mcboat google has also joined the new sensation with its Parsey McParseface parser.

got a feeling this naming thing will go from funny to jump the shark in 3-2-1, once the marketing teams get a whif of it.

Although crapy comcraptistic sounds about right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join