It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Obama administration want Hillary Clinton to be indicted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't understand the thought process of many who say, "TPTB will not allow Hillary Clinton to be indicted." It's as if they think TPTB are a hive mind that agree about everything. There are clearly factions among TPTB.

Why would the Obama administration want Hillary Clinton to be indicted?

Let's deal with motive first.

1. Obama would like to have another term in office.

“I think if I ran, I could win. But I can’t,” he said in July “There’s a lot that I’d like to do to keep America moving. But the law is the law, and no person is above the law, not even the president.”
Obama: I Could Win Third Term As President — But I Won’t Run

If Hillary Clinton were indicted, she would not win the contested convention that Sanders' campaign manager is saying is going to happen anyway.

Sanders' campaign manager: 'we're going to have a contested convention'

In that case, Sanders would be the nominee, right?

Superdelegates are allowed to abstain from voting from the first round on. How could Biden get the nomination over Sanders if there's an indictment of Clinton?

The theory is that almost all of the superdelegates who were expected to go to Clinton would abstain from voting until Biden could get the nomination. Apparently, that could happen after four or five rounds of voting at the convention.

The Obama administration could essentially get its third (and probably fourth) term(s) in office that way. If that's not enough motive, I don't know what could ever be.

2. There's a feud between the Clintons and the Obamas.

Outwardly, they put on a show of unity — but privately, the Obamas and Clintons, the two power couples of the Democratic Party, loathe each other.

“I hate that man Obama more than any man I’ve ever met, more than any man who ever lived,” Bill Clinton said to friends on one occasion, adding he would never forgive Obama for suggesting he was a racist during the 2008 campaign.

The feeling is mutual. Obama made ­excuses not to talk to Bill, while the first lady privately sniped about Hillary.
The feud between the Obamas and ‘Hildebeest’

I think a lot of people are missing the significance of the following quote:

“I don’t even know what that means, a ‘security inquiry’. We do investigations here at the FBI,” [FBI Director James Comey] said to reporters on Wednesday, adding there would be “no special set of rules for anybody that the FBI investigates.”
FBI: No deadline or ‘special set of rules’ in Clinton email investigation

Those who think that Clinton is home free are claiming that the statement above is a lie. I would like to know what evidence there is for such a claim.

All indications seem to be that things are heating up:

Andrew Napolitano: Mrs. Clinton’s folks are preparing for the worst.

Vanity Fair: Is Hillary’s E-mail Nightmare About to Explode?
edit on 13-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Clinton will never see the inside of a jail. Over a long and dark career, she has gathered dirt on everyone and, I'm betting, uses that in negotiations when needed. Obama has as much dirt as the rest and , if indicted/convicted, she will use what she knows to get out of it. I would imagine there are some pretty nervous people burning up the phone lines, trying to make sure she doesn't drag them down with her.
People believe Clinton is untouchable, because we have lost faith in the political and justice system. We've seen too many times, that money and power let you get away with almost anything.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
they don't want her indicted because it would set a precedent for the republicans, to cry about any trivial matter in an attempt to sully the democratic nominee, by getting a hearing and mass media attention.
they did exactly the same over obama's birth, if it got close to a hearing level it was laughed out.
much like this would be.
bush got away scot free after doing the same, only on a bigger scale and, while president.

we get it, you don't like the clintons, you believe the feeble lies that their killers etc, but these aren't conspiracies, just an opposition party throwing mud with the flimsiest evidence that, a little fact checking easily disproves.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

you believe the feeble lies that their killers etc, but these aren't conspiracies, just an opposition party throwing mud with the flimsiest evidence that, a little fact checking easily disproves.

I didn't read anywhere in the OP where it stated the Clintons are "Killers". It stated that the FBI is in fact investigating Hillary, which many people keep trying to tone down as if there is nothing to see. The problem is the fact that most are pretty ignorant of Security Clearances and the standards that come along with it. I see Hillary supporters always shifting the goal posts in these arguments. How about you argue what the OP actually stated instead of putting words in their mouth.
edit on 13-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
IDK isn't Obama in Japan apologizing for our forefathers winning a war in Hiroshima atm? Hes a twit.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
He wont he will give her a pardon before he leaves office.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

There is a great deal of disdain towards Hillary from Obama...at least that's what some articles suggest.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

In direct response to the thread title: Because she may be, likely is, guilty of committing serious crimes while being the golden girl of his first administration.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I just learned that if Hillary were to become POTUS prior to the conclusion of the investigation, she could actually pardon herself ! What's interesting is that until she is actually charged with a crime we don't know if Obama will pardon her, my guess is that he would. He made her Sec. of State and he signed off on her disastrous decisions in Libya. They both have blood on their hands and this e-mail scandal is the least of it.

I think Obama would be just fine passing the torch to Hillary, although I don't doubt at all that there is no love lost between the Obama's and Clinton's. Biden is the DNC's "plan B" if Hillary becomes un-electable, but they are all in the same "club" and Bernie Sanders is not a member !

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
I just learned that if Hillary were to become POTUS prior to the conclusion of the investigation, she could actually pardon herself ! What's interesting is that until she is actually charged with a crime we don't know if Obama will pardon her, my guess is that he would. He made her Sec. of State and he signed off on her disastrous decisions in Libya. They both have blood on their hands and this e-mail scandal is the least of it.

I think Obama would be just fine passing the torch to Hillary, although I don't doubt at all that there is no love lost between the Obama's and Clinton's. Biden is the DNC's "plan B" if Hillary becomes un-electable, but they are all in the same "club" and Bernie Sanders is not a member !

Ummm actually she CANT pardon herself UNLESS she steps down at the same time because its a conflict of interest and over step of her power.

Also Obama cant legally run for a third term either.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
August 22, 2016

I don't think that President Obama cares much for either Hillary or Bill Clinton. Even though Obama was in the same town (Martha's Vineyard) vacationing this weekend, he declined to attend Clinton's fundraiser, which also doubled as a birthday party to celebrate Bill's 70th.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

top topics

join