It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil's suspended President Rousseff calls impeachment a 'coup'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff has been impeached and has been suspended until a trial is completed.

Big news and this has been brewing for some time.

The VP temporarily takes over as Brazil's leader.

Lots of controversy with this, as Dilma Rousseff is a well know Marxist.

Brazil is mired with corruption and has been for years.

Anybody here with any "on site" details?

Brazil's suspended President Rousseff calls impeachment a 'coup'

Suspended Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff called the impeachment a ‘coup’ Thursday and vowed to keep fighting hours after the Senate voted in favor of her impeachment trial.

"I confess, I never imagined it would be necessary to fight against a coup in my country,” Rousseff said in a speech to the nation. “Our democracy is young, made by struggle, made by deaths, it doesn't deserve this."

The move suspends her from office and sends the country deeper into political and economic disarray less than three months before the Rio Olympics.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

U.S., Wall St. and George Soros are apparently funding the opposition in Brazil.. I found that to be very telling

www.mintpressnews.com...
www.voltairenet.org...
edit on 12-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First i thought oh well good for her corrupted a $ $. Then i read the vice president is more corrupt and the rest of the opposition is too. Then i read she was talking anti US stuff and then DING DING DING the rest is taking place now.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm on site.

Dilma Rousseff along with Lula are one of the most corrupt politicians Brazil has ever seen. They destroyed almost completely the oil company Petrobras by draining its money for corruption. Of course almost the entire parliament is also involved in corruption, but Dilma represents the federal government, and for 13 years the PT (Workers Party) have led Brazil to the downfall by giving away credit to people for years and by not improving the infra-structure of the country. In other words, our growth was unsustainable.

Now we are reaping what they sow: Inflation is sky rocketing, people's debts are insolvent. Our industries don't produce #, millions of new unemployeds, violence everywhere. Also, she left almost R$ 250 billion reais ($ 71 bln dollars) hole in the budget.

She left with an approval rate as low as 10%.

Millions of brazilians (including myself) went out on the streets demanding her resignation.

Now she's been suspended after an entirely constitucional process, no coup involved.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

Thank You for responding.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This kind of weird coup against Dilma was orchestrated by the EU as they are those who always used south america to hide their criminals in. As with the Nazis, the current EU political financial and spooky class, sees south america as the venue of their hideouts whenever there are problems in Europe that would bring risk to their nazi asses!

One of these nazis was called Videla, and he assessinated pro-soviet and pro-american (desaparecidos) on behalf of the EU.

Now they want to get rid of Dilma.... But what will happen in a few months when the court will have to decide on the actual removal of the president?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

I wonder where you live. Can you tell me?

If you lived here in Brazil you wouldn't be saying nonsense stuff.

By the way, who decides if she is permanently removed is the Senate.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well, I'm in Brazil and I can say that yours is exactly the vision of a person manipulated by our corporate media, who wants to make people believe Lula and Dilma are the most corrupt politicians in Brazil. Even the international media has already seen that wahts happening in Brazil IS A COUP, orchestrated by the liberal opposition with the corporate media and the US. All they want is to sell our natural resources and local corporations at low prices to the US.
Dilma was taken down by the lowest and most corrupt politicians we have here. The vice president is a traitor who wants to put Brazil under the US domination again. Do you really think the US was happy with the creation of BRICS?

To make it clearer to other users, I'm gonna put here some links that might explain better our situation. Our population is totally divided between people who support the coup and people who are fighting for democracy. What you didn't tell is that lots of people went to the streets to fight for democracy, to validate the 54 million votes president Dilma was elected with. That the corporate media didn't show.

www.democracynow.org...

www.thenation.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

www.telesurtv.net...

www.telesurtv.net...

www.nytimes.com... oup

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This coup is a fraud! How can it be that Michel Temer goes from being the vice-president, to a rogue foreign agent?

That's not what happened. The EU is running this # show, where the EU countries demanded Dilma's removal. And the Brazilian political elite know everything about it, and are now playing the political coup theather ....

top topics

join