It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

congressman writes tell-all and slams 'nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well meet Captain Obvious on May24.

Apparently Congress is full of worthless self absorbed individuals.

This is shocking !!! said no one that is a not a political party cheerleader.

Many will likely dismiss because there is a book release associated with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could confirm the truth if you remove your party blinders.

A new book threatens to blow the lid off of Congress as a legislator has penned a tell-all about the worst parts of serving in the House of Representatives – saying that his main job is to raise money for re-election and that leaves little time for reading the bills he votes on.

'Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works,' he writes
'It's far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification'

'Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that's lavished upon them,' the author writes.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -reads-bills-votes-on.html#ixzz48RiHdyXG

For some reason it reminds me of this old youtube video of congress voting fraudulently for one another.

edit on 20531America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 08:20:39 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I saw some of these people interviewed on tv. They talked about 'call rooms'; little cubicle booths where they spend four hours a day making calls asking for money. They hate it.

Wonder what they offer in return? But no, congress can't be bought, right? Pathetic.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But no, congress can't be bought, right? Pathetic.

Absolutely not.

It just goes to show how billion dollar industry are run by complete philanthropist who love to spend billions in lobbying out of their good hearts and not get anything back in return.

Lobbying is loving

edit on 18531America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 08:18:14 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Lobbying is like Unions, or the military; Corporations or the Government itself. A human endeavor which can easily become so distorted that evil is its only outcome. Unless, and until we change how democracy works, all of the above mentioned will continue their relentless march toward the decline and fall of the American vision. Some changes are easy to see, and most everyone does see them: Regulated and publicly funded elections; Term limits in the legislature; A legal requirement for citizens to vote. The founders of this democracy did everything within their power to create a dynamic, changing and evolving framework never vesting complete authority in any individual, group or set of rules. We have completely lost sight of that and are paralyzed in executing our responsibility to keep democracy alive. The frozen leadership of these United States is like the Church was during the Dark Ages, clinging to the wisdom of old and cowering in fear that they may actually have to take a chance on conceiving an evolving and vibrant democracy. And, at the end of that chain lies us, the voters, who have the ultimate and undeniable responsibility to impose these concepts upon our bloviated royalty.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Nothing he says in that paragraph is in the least bit untrue. At all. Anyone with a facebook account can tell you that the majority of the US is full of ill informed morons. And its been done on purpose.

The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of America

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tombaccei

Agreed and created this thread
which is totally dismissed even here in ATS.

Nobody is focusing on the real issues and the majority are chasing their tails with the symptoms of our problems.

Cycle is in infinite loop.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This is crazy. I don't even know what to make of this.... but my best guess is that this congress critter is just trying to make some $$ in a very contentious election year... blaming the victim instead of him/herself for their own dirty deeds.

Obviously, given the massive support for "outsider" candidates this election season, people aren't quite the sheeple that he wants to paint us all. And even those who get their "news" from Facebook or The Daily Show understand that there are serious problems in government. Of course we don't know all their secrets -- they use the color of law and the barrel of a gun to make sure we don't! -- but we know enough to know they're all rotten to the core.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tombaccei
The founders of this democracy did everything within their power to create a dynamic, changing and evolving framework never vesting complete authority in any individual, group or set of rules.

An oh-so-gentle correction, that I only feel necessary to make because I do believe it is a big part of our problems, if not the very root of our problems:

"The founders of this CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC..."

We have completely lost sight of that and are paralyzed in executing our responsibility to keep democracy alive.

Again, ever so gently, I have to say we have completely lost sight of that -- "that" being that we are a Constitutional Republic, NOT a democracy -- and we are paralyzed (and worse) in executing our resopnsibility to keep our Constitutional Republic alive and our natural rights intact. Our natural rights have been traded for Constitutional rights, and our Constitutional rights were traded for civil rights, and our civil rights are now not even rights but privileges and entitlements.

A democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what (or who) to have for lunch. That never works out well for the sheep... or the sheeple.

The frozen leadership of these United States is like the Church was during the Dark Ages, clinging to the wisdom of old and cowering in fear that they may actually have to take a chance on conceiving an evolving and vibrant democracy.

That may very well be what they want us to believe, and many do because that's what we've been taught and conditioned to believe, but it is not the reality. They know exactly what they're doing. And it's not for our benefit -- but theirs.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Obviously, given the massive support for "outsider" candidates this election season, people aren't quite the sheeple that he wants to paint us all. And even those who get their "news" from Facebook or The Daily Show understand that there are serious problems in government.

IMO I think issue number 1 for the next congress and president will be to wage war against the internet.

The internet has allowed bi-directional communication and not only given equal voice to the little guy but also exceed the voice of the large Corporations.

You can't have successful propaganda with bi-directional communication and equal voice. Big corp and Big Govt are a little slow when it comes to technology but I think they have finally put 2 and 2 together that the internet is one of their biggest enemies and they are about to go full retard after 2016.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

IMO I think issue number 1 for the next congress and president will be to wage war against the internet.

The internet has allowed bi-directional communication and not only given equal voice to the little guy but also exceed the voice of the large Corporations.

Excellent observation! I think you're right about that!

In fact, I think that the internet has been our number one weapon in fighting the tyranny, and if not for the internet's virtues, we'd be much worse off than we are now. The internet has empowered the many against the few.

And they just can't have that... So, yes, this will be the next battle front.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

why?

the internet is where you can disseminate junk information and misinformation among a sea of useless noise. the largest audience aggregator, facebook, is nothing but a vast wasteland of stupidity. you have some pockets of sanity here and there...and maybe they'll go after those pockets of sanity.

Which is odd. i think sites like ATS (and probably Reddit) would be targeted by the government. maybe under the guise of fighting domestic terrorism by stamping out conspiracy theorists?

but the internet at large? its the best tool for ensuring a stupid, drooling society ready to be led like dull little sheep.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

but the internet at large? its the best tool for ensuring a stupid, drooling society ready to be led like dull little sheep.

There is certainly a lot of propaganda online and society eats it up, but that has ALWAYS been the case.

However unlike before with TV,Radio,Paper media, etc its always been a CONTROLLED ONE WAY communication medium from the govt and lobbyist to the people.

With the internet unlike previous times in history it has allowed for the little guy to question things and make their arguments against the propaganda on a more national united platform. The internet is a big reason for the uprising against the establishment, Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, and the demise of cruz,rubio,bush, etc.

It's also the reason that DARPA has invested in researching automated internet trolls and Hillary has spent millions in manufactured social media comments , and many MSM online sources have disabled comments.

Sure there is a lot of BS out there , however the internet has provided a voice that has never existed before for the little guy .

Enough so . that the gov't and Oligarch are taking measure to fight against the bidirectional communication capabilities against it. Its not huge , but the few sane people out there commenting surely have made an impact towards the outlook of gov't.

IMO next they will make it illegal to be anonymous online under some false pretension. Some places already have in a circular manner by requiring a facebook,twitter , social media account which in return requires or pushes for a valid account with personal information associated with it like phone numbers etc.

edit on 48531America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 10:48:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm curious who this anonymous congressperson is.

In the past few months I've seen a few articles about the fact that congresspeople spend several hours a day telemarketing for re-election donations. Here is one concerning Florida David Jolly (R):

Florida Republican David Jolly won a special election to Congress in March 2014. Facing a reelection bid that November, he was happy to get a lesson in fundraising from a member of his party's leadership. But he was surprised by what he learned.

Rep. David Jolly: We sat behind closed doors at one of the party headquarter back rooms in front of a white board where the equation was drawn out. You have six months until the election. Break that down to having to raise $2 million in the next six months. And your job, new member of Congress, is to raise $18,000 a day. Your first responsibility is to make sure you hit $18,000 a day.
CBS

This should stop. Now.

We elect and pay you to do your job, NOT raise money for your re-election campaign—EVERY DAY.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Its still controlled.

Sure, you may get someone with an opinion and a youtube account or something. or you may get a bunch of film of riots happening in some part of the country you don't live in. maybe you can even subscribe the tweets from strangers in the middle east during arab spring, and assume it isn't propaganda meant to play one side or another.

but the big player is and will continue to be "MSM". You have 2 sources of news: MSM, and MSM regurgitators and aggregators. Thats what the internet is. Regurgitators that get a sizable audience, and employ a staff, become aggregators.

you can regurgitate and aggregate six ways to sunday...its still GIGO.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Its still controlled.

I didn't say it wasn't controlled.

My argument is that with the internet their is LESS CONTROL by the MSM THAN BEFORE when they had TOTAL 99% control via there one way feeds to you.

Today EVERYONE 99% has a voice on the internet to question the propaganda on a national level on a moments notice . You didn't have that before the internet.

Its a powerful thing .

edit on 13531America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 11:13:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Anonymous??????

Don't we need to evaluate what this person actually did, how he/she voted, etc - - - before he/she is given credibility?

Are we agreeing with this information just because we want to?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

We elect and pay you to do your job, NOT raise money for your re-election campaign—EVERY DAY.

You should look into some of the former largest lobbyist Jack Abramoff interviews. Its fascinating and disgusting how they work the congressman and senior members.

A couple comments he made on how they handle new congressman:
He stated that the (lobbyist ) didn't confront them in order to bribe them, they had the senior senators confront them.

The senior members would tell the new congressman that they are so glad to have them as they need some new uncorrupted blood running their cause.

They would build up the new congressman ego and hope of actually making a difference, but knowing that every new congressman had debt exceeding 50K coming out of a campaign run.

So what the Sr congressman would do is tell the new congressman that the most important thing for them todo is to get rid of their debt and work on getting re-elected ,because a 1 term senator cant make a difference and they really need his help and more guys like them.

The senior member would then introduce the new congressman to the lobbyist who had the money to pay off his debt and make sure to get him relected.

So the new congressman are bought and paid for within their first day in office.

How they purchased officials without giving them anything:
The part I found most interesting was how they corrupted the officials without giving them a dollar or them knowing it.

He said that as a lobbyist he was the rock star in DC. He was the guy that had the yachts , best tickets for the games, super models, mansions, cars , and everyone kissed his ass.

Hence everyone one of those officials wanted a piece of that action and to be associated with him. So what he would do when he wanted to bribe someone without giving a dollar to them he would simply state the following.

"Look you are doing a heck of job and you are exactly what we are looking for, but I know you have important things to do now . However when you are done with the public office and want to get into the private industry , I want you to come to me directly first. "

He said at that point he owned them without giving them a dollar, because in essence that public official just started his job interview for him.

His view of congresman:

He was more concerned with purchasing the congressman team members than the congressman as they were pretty lazy for the most part and their team members were the ones doing the leg work and had the ear of the congressman anyway.

here is one:

edit on 57531America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 11:57:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's pretty much the way things go, these days, eh?

As long as it fits in with our pre-constructed narrative and confirms our own belief, to hell with whether it's true, no matter from where it comes.

In this case, it seems pretty accurate, but I don't like the anonymity either.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Anonymous??????

Don't we need to evaluate what this person actually did, how he/she voted, etc - - - before he/she is given credibility?

Are we agreeing with this information just because we want to?

The article and op states that in may he will disclose who he is.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Today EVERYONE 99% has a voice on the internet to question the propaganda on a national level on a moments notice . You didn't have that before the internet.

And Congress has become better over the past 20 years?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join