It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have no idea what's going on.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dawnek9

Yes I am, You know one time during a sleep paralysis episode I saw "Old hag" at the end of my bed all black and robed and she promptly came to the side of my bed and began choking me and all i could see was her red glowing eyes, and I was struggling to move and finally I did and poof she was gone. The whole thing fascinated me, and it occurred right when i first met my soon to be X wife, you know they say old hag is a omen, ha, I joke now that I should of wised up
. Anyway I am skeptical but I am open minded and would love to explore these sleep states so yes next time im just going to let go and remain comfortable and see where it takes me. Perhaps ill have a bar of soap at my feet for deodorizing purposes maybe that's what he was implying

edit on 11-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

i usually dont open my eyes when i sense a presence, im too scared too. i live with my 7 year old daughter so i wouldnt sleep at all at night if i seen something, i've no one to make me feel safe haha.
if you do manage to get out,drop by and let me know

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Will do, and I am glad you signed up to ATS welcome to your new addiction, also don't worry about the extreme hostility in the political threads most of the core members love eachother however this election season is bringing out the worst. Threads like these matter and if you have other experiences don't be afraid to post them.

edit on 11-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why would it scare you? :/

I went through such things for a while and would just try to fight through the paralysis.
If you can get yourself up you can have an out of body type experience.
I would get the paralysis often but as I said I'd fight it and get up then walk around. The environment was near identical and thought I was awake but then instantly teleport back to the same position of paralysis and start over.

When you advance to the next phase of paralysis it's kind of creepy. That's when you hear and feel invisible creatures crawling on you.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

im glad i joined too, it's nice talking to you
i'm looking forward to meeting other new people aswell!
i think i'll stay away from the political side of things,for awhile anyway haha

@Staygaf:
i don't know it just does, i just find it scary really..

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yes good plan, I'm sure many will be coming by soon, it's an awesome community.

And BTW you look really beautiful in your profile picture

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Out of body is wonderful. When I was younger I had them often, but not so much now.

It's sort of drifting up above your body and floating thru the roof, then just swimming thru the air.

I had a cord that attached me to my body, it stretched as far as I wanted, going back was disappointing.

If you get to do this, good dreams.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

well i'm liking it so far, it's made me feel more relaxed.

and thank you !
i thought i'd put my face to my name instead of my avatar

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Will do, and I am glad you signed up to ATS welcome to your new addiction, also don't worry about the extreme hostility in the political threads most of the core members love eachother however this election season is bringing out the worst. Threads like these matter and if you have other experiences don't be afraid to post them.

That's totally true. I even like DBCowboy in real life.

Welcome aboard, Dawnek9!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust

Out of body is wonderful. When I was younger I had them often, but not so much now.

It's sort of drifting up above your body and floating thru the roof, then just swimming thru the air.

I had a cord that attached me to my body, it stretched as far as I wanted, going back was disappointing.

If you get to do this, good dreams.

it sounds awesome, it does! i'd be worried about becoming detatched from my body though completely.. thats probably really stupid i dont know haha did you feel vibrations too?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

thanks
glad to be here!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Wrap a new bar of soap in a towel and place it under the mattress directly beneath your feet. Seriously.

interesting..what does this accomplish?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

foot deodorant is important for encouraging paranormal sleep states, obviously.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ive had a few of these happen, 1 pretty recently where I jolted myself awake. It feels like something almost taking control of your body. I went numb but there was a feeling that fits your description pretty well. They'll never get me not even in my sleep

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is my opinion based on personal experience. I have no proof of anything in this regard, so take it for what it is worth (you may feel my advice is worthless, that's OK too).

Don't fear these things, just allow it to happen. If an "evil presence" is inducing these things, fear is what they are after, they feed on the fear energy and that just makes them stronger and come back for more. Otherwise it is natural from the OOBE standpoint. Leave the body, it is a thrilling, liberating experience that you will learn to control after awhile. Rolling out of bed seems to work pretty well for me. Don't open your astral eyes until you are away from your body as this might force you back in. Have some fun walking through the walls or floating around the room. Think of someplace to go or someone to visit, you'll end up there as you travel.

My advice is to turn your fear into fascination, that will change the whole scenario around. When falling in your dreams, study how it feels and you'll never hit any bottom, it just cycles through over and over again. When being "attacked" by "evil", become curious not fearful, become fascinated and the presence will get frustrated and leave you alone.

Remember, you are just sleeping (more or less), and unless someone is really sitting on your chest or holding you down, there is nothing physical trying to hurt you, only to induce fear to feed off of it. Unless you have such a fright that it gives you a deadly heart attack, they have no real power over you, just the ability to cause a fear induced panic. Basically it's all in your head, observe it, notice the details, be curious, but do not fear it, the "evil" ones are basically parasitic cowards looking to score a meal from your fear of them.

There are other ways to deal with this sort of thing like asking what their real name is or getting help from other entities that may be near by watching. Having a firm faith in a deity helps too, belief is quite a powerful tool for this. Not every "demon" sitting on your chest is out to get you either, sometimes they have a message for you or just want to "play" with you. When you get the upper hand they will often return to their real form that is not as scary as how they appear to you to induce fear.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Some may have troubles achieving this, but it is nothing special. It is a natural process which happens every time before dreaming.

it is just that many people are not aware of the transition because they fall to sleep before this starts to happen due to lack of self awareness when dozing off. There is nothing more to it than that in my opinion.

there is a lot more to dreaming than people in general like to think and if you get past this initial problems, you are in for a real treat!
For starters, it is a great way to have fun and try all kinds of impossible stuff that you want to do in life, but now you can do it in a lucid dream.
You can transform into any animal, be a superhero with any superpower you desire, or go on adventure and just explore and fly, your own imagination is the limit once you train yourself to have control in dreams.

It can also be scary sometimes, if that happens, than you should confront the scary part head on and destroy or deal with it anyway you can. Use your super dreaming powers of imagination, there are no limits in dreams, just be confident in yourself and you can do anything without effort.

edit on 1463015474511May115113116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ive had this too a few times. the waves were rushing through me. i keep silver bead wire around and that seems to have blocking affect. i believe its internal and external. Some sort of being using technology hits my mind.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'd like to share a dream I had 2 nights ago which scared me awake. So the dream jumps from place to place and eventually I'm in a suburban street ( nothing unusual ) next minute I'm invited into this house that appears to be some kind of gallery. This is where the dream gets vivid, I am shown this art work that defies insanity - paintings of really bad things happening to people and horrid evil demented acts portrayed in the paintings. Now this guide pops up and is kind of kooky looking and he says to me in no uncertain terms that these are the paintings done by Jesus.

At this point I am starting go conscience in the dream and I say no they are not i don't believe you, then I wake up and an invisible force pulls my left leg up high and yanks me clean sideways in the bed.

Then I really wake up and find I am in my normal position in bed and no invisible force had yanked at my leg, I for the life of me have never had a fake awakening in a dream only to waken in reality a short time after. While I laid there I thought to myself is it possible to "Beam" dreams into your sleeping body ?

Weird.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
This is my opinion based on personal experience. I have no proof of anything in this regard, so take it for what it is worth (you may feel my advice is worthless, that's OK too).

Don't fear these things, just allow it to happen. If an "evil presence" is inducing these things, fear is what they are after, they feed on the fear energy and that just makes them stronger and come back for more. Otherwise it is natural from the OOBE standpoint. Leave the body, it is a thrilling, liberating experience that you will learn to control after awhile. Rolling out of bed seems to work pretty well for me. Don't open your astral eyes until you are away from your body as this might force you back in. Have some fun walking through the walls or floating around the room. Think of someplace to go or someone to visit, you'll end up there as you travel.

My advice is to turn your fear into fascination, that will change the whole scenario around. When falling in your dreams, study how it feels and you'll never hit any bottom, it just cycles through over and over again. When being "attacked" by "evil", become curious not fearful, become fascinated and the presence will get frustrated and leave you alone.

Remember, you are just sleeping (more or less), and unless someone is really sitting on your chest or holding you down, there is nothing physical trying to hurt you, only to induce fear to feed off of it. Unless you have such a fright that it gives you a deadly heart attack, they have no real power over you, just the ability to cause a fear induced panic. Basically it's all in your head, observe it, notice the details, be curious, but do not fear it, the "evil" ones are basically parasitic cowards looking to score a meal from your fear of them.

There are other ways to deal with this sort of thing like asking what their real name is or getting help from other entities that may be near by watching. Having a firm faith in a deity helps too, belief is quite a powerful tool for this. Not every "demon" sitting on your chest is out to get you either, sometimes they have a message for you or just want to "play" with you. When you get the upper hand they will often return to their real form that is not as scary as how they appear to you to induce fear.

What Mich said and also you will eventually be able to control the attack or repel it altogether at some point. I had one in Minnesota a few years back after a ghost encounter that was extremely scary.

It followed us from my cousins place to my new place and came at me in a lucid dream 10 times with me waking up each time more scared than the next saying prayers and just trying to go back to sleep thinking it was an extremely rare nightmare.

Finally something or someone came through in the dream and told me not to do anything as I was in a deep state of panic and fear from this thing mopping the floor with me and never had that happened before or since.

Then recently I had something come at me in this new apartment building in Washington State. If I lay on my back I am guaranteed to lucid dream but I prefer to sleep on my sides except for that night. As it came at me I could sense it first then it was opening a portal with light/chaotic energy pulsing or something along those lines coming through and I just said "No" and came awake as I said it so I figure I dodged a bullet.

One more thing is try listening to coast to coast am as every now and then a decently informed psychic might come on and really help explain a lot of things for you and of course listen to folks here as we have some diamonds in the ruff here when it comes to these things.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that although I used some occult and new age terminology to describe these experiences in my last post, I'm not committing entirely to those models.

The sleep paralysis episode, with a feeling of an evil presence that induces a fearful panic, and the sensations of an out-of-body experience can both be thought of as subconscious manifestations during a near waking condition. It may be something like raw subconscious data being experienced by a near conscious mind on the verge of falling asleep or becoming awake. That would seem to me to be the most reasonable explanation, but then again, perhaps the subconscious mind is able to sense actual spiritual presences that are messing with us as we try to sleep.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join