It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Shooting and stabbing reported at Taunton, Mass., mall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Multiple Stabbings (four people to hospital with stab wounds)...assailant possibly shot.
Ongoing.

A shooting and stabbing has been reported at the Silver City Galleria mall in Taunton, Mass. Police were “still fielding 911 calls” at 7:15 p.m., a Taunton police dispatcher told the Daily News. “It’s an active situation,” the dispatcher said.

The mall was evacuated after multiple shot were fired sometime around 7, WBZ reported.

The Massachusetts State Police responded to assist at the scene with crime scene services and detectives, the agency tweeted.

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 10-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm so tired of news like this. Freaking jackasses.

link   
Night of the Long Knives !!!!

Waiting for statement from White House.

shots fired as well.

Night of the Long Barrels.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hope every victim has another day here with us, this #ing world I don't even know what to say..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hope every victim has another day here with us, this #ing world I don't even know what to say..

No fatalities reported.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Makes you proud to be human doesn't it?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

We really arent that different from animals after all huh?? I dont see why people self hate the human race. I think many people just think that we should hold higher standards or want to deny that we are more than animals. Sorry, but we are just animals. And like all animals, sometimes (or more frequently) we attack, maim and kill each other. Nothing is different from the beginning of our existence.

Hope for full recovery of all involved except the criminal involved. Sometimes assholes attack other humans. It is not something telling of the human race, but all life that exists. The very existence of life dictates that we have to destroy other life to survive. Competition for resources and defense of those resources is a common trait across all life forms, not just humans. We just happen to know how to make tools to be more efficient.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Latest via local WCVB News: Report of a pregnant woman also stabbed. The suspect was reported to have been in some sort of altercation in a car, left and entered the mall, and began stabbing people. However, an off-duty (local sheriff deputy) police officer shot the suspect, but the suspect got away.

WCVB News

Watch the live news feed: LIVE

edit on 5/10/2016 by Krakatoa because: Added the news feed link

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
From source:

The mall was evacuated after multiple shot were fired sometime around 7, WBZ reported. A car crashed into the Macy's at the shopping center before multiple people were stabbed and shots were fired, the news station reported. "I heard shots and saw cops loading AR-15s and I ran for my life," one witness told WBZ. Another said shots rang out in the mall's Bertucci's restaurant.

What in the hell?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I'm so tired of news like this. Freaking jackasses.

There would be less incidents if they stopped sensationalizing them in the Mass Media.

After all, ten patients died of cancer today doesn't get many 'clicks'.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So reporting the news is causing people to crash into the mall and begin stabbing people, interesting take.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yeah, it's been well documented every mass shooting that is widely reported and sensationalized usually results in 2-3 more mass shootings.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It's the glorification I believe.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes, even the psychos.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I must be not reading that report right.

Where does it say he got away?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

never underestimate the power of suggestion. Disney is why all little girls want to have giant expensive royal type weddings (paid for by parents of course), but end up divorced in under two years anyways. Only to start all over again in a couple years.

Many urban neighborhoods did not fall into drug and thug culture until exploitation films started influencing that demographic by glamorizing criminal behavior shortly after the civil rights era. Of course, suddenly those same neighborhoods being overrun with drugs that were not there before in nearly the kind of volume was but a mere coincidence.

Propaganda is called media today because, well if it were still called propaganda people would be more aware of what it does to their thoughts.

From cradle to grave, 24/7, our mind is under attack. Since many people are willfully ignorant, they easily succumb to the influence.

But I don't know if merely reporting crimes leads to more crimes. I think that only applies to like copycat serial killers and stuff.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I heard it on the LIVE TV news feed here as I was typing the post. Kinda tough to cite...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Holy Moly!

He got shot and got away?

They shouldn't have too much of a problem finding him if he was bleeding right?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

So reporting the news is causing people to crash into the mall and begin stabbing people, interesting take.

Copy catting isn't interesting to me in the slightest.

I guess its alright as long as it gets the required Muslim Mileage…

Earlier stabbing...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You are assuming a lot, and in such cases it's to fit a narrative instead of skeptically evaluating each situation.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Dang this is 15 minutes from me, I've been going to this mall my whole life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join