It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About US navy seals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i just have two questions for those that might know.

1. do your high school grades matter?
2. do you have to be an american citizen to join?

thanks for the help in advance.

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
im not a navy seal, nor an american, im canadian...the closet we had to a special forces team, was jim carrey...but he ran away to america.
but just look it up on the net.
i saw a show about it some years back. its was really cool, went through thier training process and everything.
Look tough too.
Deep

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
as far as i know u have to be a US citizen. but also in excellent physical shape

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You can't join the Navy (or marines or any service) as a SEAL. You have to be in the service already in some other MOS such as infantry, intelegence etc. and apply to that school and then be selected.

As far as being a citizen. The U.S. Military is now taking non-citizens into it's ranks. Apon completion of your enlistment you recieve your citezenship.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
in order to go to b.u.d.s (seal training) you have to be voted on by a group of your superior officers (you must volunteer on your own)

as for the other questions:

You do NOT have to be a US citizen (covert operations actually prefer you have origins in the country you are invading) To date 25% or more seals are not of American origin (not that they are going to tell you that)

You must be between 18-25 (To begin training) and test very well on the asvabs (spelling) and have maintained a C average in high school or college.

You must also have the capability to maintain high levels of performance with less than 6% body fat for extended periods of time (harder than it sounds)

Need anything else?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
tough c average? next year is my final year, i guess i gotta start doing good :-/ ... thing is i hate school.

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
none of you ppl got it right. *rolls eyes*

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
hmm i found out you need atleast a green card if your not a citizen, this is gonna be harder than i thought, couldn't get my hands on that damn card for 10 years, just when i forgot about it, im going after it again.

oh well, there is always the canadian navy, not gonna do much here tough.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't know for the USN SEAL, but my father has a friend who joined the US SF ( Green Beret ) some years ago. I can ask him if he's still in touch with his friend.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OH MAN, that would be great thanks alot

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Upon successful completion of the Physical Screening Test, you will have the opportunity to attend the Special Operations Training. Prior to being accepted to BUD/S, you must be a U.S. citizen for security clearance requirements. Your eyesight may be no worse than 20/40 in one eye and 20/70 in the other, and it must be correctable to 20/20 with no color blindness. You may request a waiver if vision is 20/70 in one eye and 20/100 in the other, correctable to 20/20. Applications are accepted from men who are 28 years old or less. You may request an age waiver (for those 29-30); however, age waivers are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. During the enlistment process you will be required to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB). Your scores on these tests determine the rates for which you are eligible. You must score well enough to qualify for the SEAL program, as well as the SEAL source rate ("A" School) of your choice. The ASVAB is broken down into several categories. To be eligible for BUD/S, you must combine the "AR" and "VE" categories and your score must be 104 or higher. You must also get a score of 50 or higher in the "MC" category. At this time, there is a 5 point waiver (for all categories combined), should your score be below the requirements. The ASVAB is a series of 10 mini tests maintained by the Department of Defense. The ASVAB is made up of tests in the following subject areas:
Word Knowledge
Paragraph Comprehension
Mathematics Knowledge
Arithmetic Reasoning
General Science
Auto and Shop Information
Mechanical Comprehension
Electronics Information
Numerical Operations
Coding Speed
Upon completing the tests, you'll receive a composite score as well as scores for each of the ten sections. These scores are used to determine the position you are best qualified for.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just gotta love those guys....Cousin is with a unit and I NEVER here from the 'killer'

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Australia has just had a parade to welcome home all that was involved with the IRAQ war..

all except

our SAS....who for security reasons must remain anonymous for there ongoing actions against terror..

To them I say HATS OFF....you did your country proud..it's a pity really cause they are nearly the only australians that saw battle ..the real heroes...apart some covering gunfire from our navy..

To join the SAS.. you are selected you can never ASK to join...and when you join your friends and family will hardly ever see you again.. Trust me I know this for a fact.

Chris

top topics

join