It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The marijuana industry just scored a huge legal victory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The DEA started a war on California's Harborside Marijuana dispensary years ago, the DOJ has been looking at the case for four years now.
The DOJ is dropping the case without going to court, this is big news!

The marijuana industry just scored a huge legal victory without setting foot inside court

The marijuana industry scored a significant victory on Tuesday when the US Department of Justice just dropped its four-year-long attempt to shut down Harborside Health Center in Oakland, California, the largest dispensary in the US, The San Francisco Gate reported.

The DOJ's decision to drop the case could gesture a "new model" for dealing with marijuana, Robert MacCoun, a law professor and drug-policy expert at Stanford University, told SF Gate.

"The framework is moving from the war on drugs to tricky issues of regulation, taxation and who is going to be in control of this major new industry," he added.

source

edit on 7-5-2016 by AlaskanDad because: code

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
personally i dont want marijuana to be legal, taxed, lines to get it etc

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I BETCHA TRUMP INHALED!

HILLARY EATS EDIBLES!

Its gotta be 1620 hrs. somewhere?

PEACE!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The point was never to stop it, they just wanted a cut of the profits. The legal hangup was just a power play.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

The point was never to stop it, they just wanted a cut of the profits. The legal hangup was just a power play.

Because the government is pimps looking to secure new hos...and this is how they do it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
not sure what the victory is though, the case dropped means precidence wasn't set..so this can happen again until there is precidence that can be used to shield the industry.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Good because it should be legal everywhere, along with all other drugs. Whatever floats your boat I say.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Makingoodtime

Agreed. Marijuana is sacred and should never be something the government should profit from. I'm happy the way it is.

Besides, legalization most likely equals GMOs and other government crap lacing our weed.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

"The framework is moving from the war on drugs to tricky issues of regulation, taxation and who is going to be in control of this major new industry,"

In other words, it's another gold rush. The black market grow-ops -- like the ones up in Humboldt -- were the silent gold or rather, green-gold rush. The new gold rush (for example, in Lake County where you can have up 100 plants per crop, and lots of legal leeway for sharecropping etc.) is existing landowners discovering a way to make an extra six figures a year, many of them applying the small-specialty-vineyard style of product development to cannibis horticulture. Legal (i.e., commodified or 'recreational') marijuana is the Next Big Thing in California and everyone here knows about it.

With all due respect gay marriage and LGBT acceptance are practically a fait accomplis, compared to marijuana law reform. The next big hurdle is unlocking that big pot of green gold for its social, medical and overall economic benefits for the people -- especially for the poorest, sickest and longest-suffering.

Full legalization, of some kind or another, is where it's going for practically every state in the country except maybe Utah. The science, legal precedents and network-hive-mind of stoners are, altogether, too powerful to stop now.

Chweers,

Namdru

P.S.

Before long there is going to be a new billion-dollar Silicon Valley company based on the software that will generate and facilitate further online culture (and business) related to legal (i.e., not just medical) cannibis. Move over Facebook! Canniface.com rules!!! At least, something like it will start to rock and roll within 2 years or so. That is my prediction for Silicon Valley's Next Next Next Next Next Next Next Next Big Thing.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I wonder if Monsanto are thinking about getting themselves involved hence the stoppage whilst they get their cards in play?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
im in the uk thers been talk of leagalising for years now they are doing a study on licenced vendors personaly i grow my own any way and amsterdams only a hour away if i fancy a leagle weekend after all its been working fine there for years with the licenced coffe shops the only reason at this time is ileagle is because the goverment cant figure out how to get there cut of the profits

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99 So people will go to jail for bothering no one ? OR he/she sells it for profit.

edit on 8-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

There's no line or wait.
Apparently it grows like a weed.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just use baking paper and a hair iron to press your buds for solvent free oil with all the terpenes for flavor in it.

Rosin tech method is the name I believe.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

"The framework is moving from the war on drugs to tricky issues of regulation, taxation and who is going to be in control of this major new industry," he added.

Sorry bastards.

If they can regulate and tax an invasive plant, they can regulate and tax your oxygen.

top topics

join