It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We hold these truths to be self evident.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. Replacing He with Government

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good. Tick
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them. Tick
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.Tick
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.Tick
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.Partial Tick
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within. Half Tick
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands. Partial Tick
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.Double Tick
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.P Tick
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.[B] D Tick
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures. P Tick
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power. Tick
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: D Tick
For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us: D Tick
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:D Tick
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world: False
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent: Tick
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:D Tick
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences: To My Knowledge False
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments: D Tick
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever: D Tick
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us. False
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people. False
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.Tick
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands. False for now
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions. False

Seriously the American people should subdue all bankers, all members of parliment. Go through their personal items and find out those who are guilty of crimes against the people(Just kill all the private bankers). And burn them at the stake. The last part is a partial joke but to be honest i would happily watch that.

I dont see why people don't march, they are legally justified by the true law of their country.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RevolutionAnon

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That document was a complete joke.

" All men are created equal " ? Yeah. Unless you where a slave of course.

That document needs to be placed in the dustbin.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Weren't you the guy calling a member a "pickle puffer" (but in a more derogatory way) in the other thread? Yea I'm not going to listen to you.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Your taking the negative of a postive and deeming all to just be negative.

The past is the past, slavery hasn't been abolished it just evolved. The break away of America wasn't a mistake, just some of the practices they kept.

I know all races and colors are equal, as do you. That doesn't make all history, containing people with pro slave ideals, as irrelevant.

What America did back then is comparable to what Martin Luther, Malcom X etc.. did. Abraham Lincoln "freed the slaves" but he also thought blacks shouln't have the same rights as whites? Does that make him irrelevant?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

He was arrogant and i called him on it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The first act of the Independent 13 Colonies ( The U.S.A.) should have been to abolish slavery and set all existing slaves Free. They didn't. In fact it continued for nearly 90 years after independence in some States.

That is what makes that document a joke.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It cannot be denied that there was a lot of hypocrisy by the Founders and those that came after them, but the document itself is absolutely vital in that the premise of "all men are created equal" must be the cornerstone in which a government model is based.

If all men are not created equal, then you will not have freedom.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You didn't argue against my post?

I agree that the constitution both declared all men equal and also defended slavery. Which is the hypocritical view of men set in their ways, unable to evolve as completely as they should have.

But again your saying it should be "thrown out" or dismissed because of a negative view contained within valid points, makes no sense and is not logical.

As i said above that is the same as saying you don't agree with Abraham Lincolns views on black peoples rights, so they should just "throw out" all his laws including the Slave Freedom Act. No that is ridiculous. You take the good with the bad. He freed slaves, great; He wanted to still keep them as 2nd or 3rd rate citizens, No not good. The wise choice is to just learn from and use the positive, dismiss the negative.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Slaves didn't have their freedom.

Can you see the hypocrisy written in the document ? I believe you can.

Bin it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: introvert

Slaves didn't have their freedom.

Can you see the hypocrisy written in the document ? I believe you can.

Bin it.

No, I see the hypocrisy in the men that authored it, not the document itself.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
true

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RevolutionAnon

I dont see why people don't march, they are legally justified by the true law of their country.

Because it's gone too far, and a micro revolution of one to a hundred people just gets them thrown in prison, or shot on the spot by the squads sworn to serve and protect said government.

Opposing your own government makes you a terrorist these days, and all of the rights you wish to remove from the banksters and government officials are removed from the uprisers instead.

There's no way to fight them without a movement, and more than half the population is too happy to go about their day- check friendface, eat sugar, go to work, eat more sugar, check friendface, come home, eat some more sugar, check friendface, watch the 'news', cheer for their false idols who promise the people change while ensuring their slavery, then go to bed and get ready to do it again.

No group of less than a million people all pushing back at once will even make a ripple. You *could* find that many people, but they're spread far and thin. You'd need to get them all in one place- but they've all got bills to pay because the corrupt monetary system has turned us into wage slaves.

Another day will go by today where a few hundred million people don't do a thing to make a difference, but I'll bet an easy fifty million cheer on the latest distraction- election parties.

Idiots, the lot of us.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The first act of the Independent 13 Colonies ( The U.S.A.) should have been to abolish slavery and set all existing slaves Free. They didn't. In fact it continued for nearly 90 years after independence in some States.

That is what makes that document a joke.

coulda woulda shoulda. ENglands had its fair share of hypocritical documents if you want to go that route. I prefeer it to be the MEN THEMSELVES that were hypocritical. The only thing i can see them actually believing this is because they actually didnt consider the slaves men. Because the African people selling them into it didnt consider them men either. they were considered property and spoils of tribal war.

top topics

join