It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The GOP's 24-hour meltdown: Hail the destruction of the Republican Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

He has been through his plans in detail.

Plans include cutting out wasteful spending. That will be a huge chunk of it.

He will reduce spending on other countries that don't need it.

His plans have been detailed in many other threads here,
and this is kind of derailing this thread - which is supposed to be on the subject of Republican reaction.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Im sure Obama's executive order signed last year that allows him to call martial law even in peace time will come in handy.

Exactly which Executive Order would that be?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Willtell

Exposing the things you mention is the first step. What other candidates even mention these things, let alone expose and criticize them?

You might want to give this a read for just some of the examples:
www.theatlantic.com...

This entire article is relevant to the topic of this thread. It explains why the GOP is so shaken up. This is the best part:

You know the look that victims get in horror movies just before their bodies are dismembered and souls sucked out by whatever horrifying creature has been loosed on the land? That eye-bugging, mouth-gaping, hands-raised-in-a-futile-effort-at-self-protection look meant to convey both abject terror and utter disbelief? That’s the look the Republican establishment wore throughout Super Tuesday, as Donald Trump added to his impressive stack of primary wins.

Bernie Sanders does, much more than Trump.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: introvert

Ten year old supporter of Trump yells out to Cruz

YOU SUCK

Trumps example he leaves for the youth

Oh no won't someone think of the children. I can guarantee you if this was anytime before the 2000s the same thing would have happened too. I also didn't know Trump made the kid say that, you would think their parents would have parented. But hey let's blame the Donald.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Oh I love it. More lies, slyness and BS. There is no edit on that post. Please don't BS anymore. By the way your definition of "regression" is correct, but my use is as well. Words often have more than one meaning. Glad to have taught you another.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384 You called me sly and I asked you why you thought I was being underhanded. Now you call me a liar. I had not thought to check your original post for an edit as I believed you had edited it when you said

I had to edit because I just love it.
I was incorrect.
However I still do not understand your use of regression even though you say it has more than one meaning. For what I can understand we are both using that word in the same manner. My question was simply, you say that the world is regressing to the left.....I can understand how one might think that the world might regress from the left to the right as I mentioned before due to liberals considering that they are progressive and that conservatives are regressive. However you say that the world is regressing to the left? To me, this would mean that the world was once more liberal, more progressive then it is now and that it is now regressing to that state again.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

and this is kind of derailing this thread - which is supposed to be on the subject of Republican reaction.

Not derailing the thread in any way, Trump is promising all kinds of things he cannot realistically deliver on, the the establishment republicans are well aware of it. From everything I have read on Trump, he hasn't detailed anything, and just keeps making promises he cannot or will not be able to deliver on. You do realize that we still have a constitution in this country, but that is only to be used against folks you don't like.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Cutting wasteful spending is the standard boiler plate political answer that politician use when they need a go to, how will you afford this. Everyone says it, and the GAO is always doing it. I guess Trump has forgotten that cutting waste is done by Congress and its watch dog the GAO. So nobody is going into office and suddenly cutting waste.

His fiscal irresponsibility is just one thing that traditional Republicans have a problem with. His tax cut plan would remove 1.1 trillion in revenue that would require 21% of Government spending be cut just make up that difference. Where is that sort of money coming from? Non partisan tax and debt groups are just as afraid afraid of what Trumps plans would do to he debt and the economy as the GOP is.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Cutting wasteful spending is the standard boiler plate political answer that politician use when they need a go to, how will you afford this. Everyone says it, and the GAO is always doing it. I guess Trump has forgotten that cutting waste is done by Congress and its watch dog the GAO. So nobody is going into office and suddenly cutting waste.

His fiscal irresponsibility is just one thing that traditional Republicans have a problem with. His tax cut plan would remove 1.1 trillion in revenue that would require 21% of Government spending be cut just make up that difference. Where is that sort of money coming from? Non partisan tax and debt groups are just as afraid afraid of what Trumps plans would do to he debt and the economy as the GOP is.

Not to mention the fact that Trump is on a first name basis with all of these Crony Capitalists that the tea partiers are always railing about. I don't like Trump, don't like Hillary, I honestly thing Gary Johnson will get my vote this year.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Let's also not forget that Trump's tax plan also increases the number of people not paying taxes.

If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,” those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: MrSpad

Let's also not forget that Trump's tax plan also increases the number of people not paying taxes.

If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,” those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

The thing that Trump doesn't talk about is that many of those people rightfully receive an EITC, and he is going to take that away. While I will agree that the EITC is rife with fraud, I do taxes for a living, most of those receiving it, deserve it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

EITC being dropped is a problem, within the current tax structure. It would stop the "lazy bums" from receiving larger tax refunds, but it would affect many more working families.

I need to look in o this a bit more. I'm not a tax pro and I do not do it for a living, but I do prepare taxes for many people.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Milo Yiannopoulos did a pretty good breakdown of why both parties, especially the Republican Party has become obsolete and needs to be reformed. They claim to represent Conservatives but whenever they open their mouths they need to look to Liberals and ask "Is this ok? Is this racist? Is this sexist? Is this alright?"

Starting @ 48:00

edit on 7-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The US spends 35 billion on foreign aid, that is less than 1/10 of 1% of our budget. Reducing that spending has no meaningful impact on anything.

What other spending is wasteful? If we were to cut defense spending in half (Trump wants to increase it) and remove 100% of funding for literally every single discretionary program from roads, to schools, to NASA we would only cut $1 trillion from a $3.5 trillion budget. However, Trump hasn't proposed spending cuts, he has proposed spending increases, and a lot of them... to the tune of about $2 trillion per year. All while also wanting to shrink the tax base.

You can't cut wasteful spending to get out of that hole.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Not derailing the thread in any way, Trump is promising all kinds of things he cannot realistically deliver on, the the establishment republicans are well aware of it. From everything I have read on Trump, he hasn't detailed anything, and just keeps making promises he cannot or will not be able to deliver on. You do realize that we still have a constitution in this country, but that is only to be used against folks you don't like.

its would be far to much work atending to source and cite the articles in which trump explained himself on funding. A simple visit to his website could address many of your questions on funding. But that would mean you would actually have to remain unbias and then come to a conclusion after careful research. But as most of on here can tell thats not something you personally care about as your objective is clear and i will outline it for everyone so you can stop.
A: obviously your view is anti trump and most likely your a dem.
B: You dont care about the facts and will actively ignore them when someone spends the time informing you.
C: You objective when you see a pro trump supporter is to try and make them seem uninformed.

How about this if you really feel trump is your mortal enemy and his supporters are his army of evil. Why dont you try and understand why they support him? honestly how will you ever beat your enemy if you dont understand them first? Art of war type of thinking. Often times when people lose as they have done with trump it comes down to underestimating him and his supporters. Caulking up his approval to racist motivations by a shrinking white population is and has been the plan however has that plan worked?No it hasn't. I'm not a trump supporter however i do dislike the way people who dont support him act towards the people that do

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What's really driving this split between liberals and conservatives is that they act, not on what they necessarily want, but in response to what the other side does.

Very well said! I was actually trying to articulate that on another site earlier and it didn't come out quite as crisp. It's pretty bizarre when you realize it.

I think people are starting to catch on in much greater numbers, this election has been such a crap show I imagine things might actually change next cycle.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
"The GOP's 24-hour meltdown: Hail the destruction of the Republican Party

Amen! Not a moment too soon!
What to do with all the 'leftovers'; ignorant, hateful, corrupt, selfish, vain, with no Virtue, who now need a 'party' to represent them?
Unless we 'final solution' Republikkkans, they just buy and steal and lie another Party with a different name.
The 'party' is a reflection of the (corrupt heart) of people.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Why can't the GOP reinvent itself? Why can't the GOP change?

Trump may be the best thing for the GOP in a long time.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Of the things I can truly say I enjoy and relish in life is the shaking up of old establishments. I find it quite entertaining to watch a decades-old political party, or corporation, or any gathering of like-minded individuals that has openly resisted change for so long be forced to evolve within a short period of time. It's fascinating and exhilarating.

Say what you will about Trump or Sanders, but these two individuals are reshaping your political machinery for the better. Not with their policy, or personality, or politics, but with their mere presence which runs counter to the established norm which has been chugging along virtually unchanged since the 1950's and 60's. Society has long-since evolved and the government has not.

These two outsiders being actual contenders for the Presidency would have been unthinkable in years past, but they've snuck in through the back door and won wide support. If anything, that support is showing the core political parties that the populace is tiring of their dated methods and views. They'll need to change to survive.

Or if I could let my imagination run free, this would be the ideal time for a third political party in the United States to form.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join