It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 not-very-positive things foreign leaders have said about Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Generally, foreign leaders don't criticize other nation's electoral candidates. The logic is simple: This person might win and you don't want your witty insult from a year prior hanging over you if you have to work together. This tradition hasn't continued with Donald Trump. A range of foreign leaders past and present have publicly expressed doubts about Trump and his proposals; others have spoken off-the-record to more candidly explain their angst at the thought of a President Donald Trump. I will not post ALL of these comments, only the 1st. 10, and you can see the rest on: www.washingtonpost.com... “Divisive, unhelpful and quite simply wrong.” British Prime Minister David Cameron on Trump's proposed Muslim travel ban.
“He changes opinions like the rest of us change underwear." Danish Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen.
“His discourse is so dumb, so basic." Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa.
“That’s the way Mussolini arrived and the way Hitler arrived.” Mexican President Enrique Peña on Trump's rhetoric.
"Trump is an irrational type." Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei.
"You [Trump] are a disgrace not only to the GOP but to all America. Withdraw from the U.S. presidential race as you will never win." Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Alsaud.
“Mr. Trump’s statement only serves to show not only his insensitivity, but also his ignorance about Pakistan.” Pakistani Interior Minister Chaudry Nisar Ali Khan after Trump demanded the release of a doctor who helped the CIA hunt down Osama bin Laden in 2011.
“Let's be clear, Donald Trump is an idiot. I have tried to find different, perhaps more parliamentary adjectives to describe him but none was clear enough. He is an idiot." Gavin Newlands, a British MP with the Scottish National Party.
“Scary. That’s how we view Trump [...] Could we depend on the United States? We don’t know. I can’t tell you how the unpredictability we are seeing scares us.” An unnamed ambassador whose country has a close relationship with Washington.
“When an apple’s red, it is red. When you say ignorant things, you’re ignorant." Mexico’s top diplomat, Foreign Affairs Secretary Claudia Ruiz Massieu.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Looks like some leaders around the globe are trembling and scared half to death !!!

As we have already seen, this will add stateside votes for Trump.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
ahaha They know he is coming and they wont be able to suck our country dry anymore No surprise coming from the Saudis since Trump said he is going to release the 911 documents, we all have heard or read it was the Saudis who hit the twin towers.
edit on 6-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like some leaders around the globe are trembling and scared half to death !!!

As we have already seen, this will add stateside votes for Trump.

Yeah... I bet they are squeekin' in their sneakers.

They all know he can't actually win so none of what they said is from "scared half to death".

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
More election crappola.

BUT >>>>

Is there TRUTH here?

Could the elitist war mongering dogs that surround David Cameron be a bit concerned.

One could understand that Mexico may have a problem with his ideas.

And this one

An unnamed ambassador whose country has a close relationship with Washington.

Laugh my socks off.

This crap is actually funny.

Damn, out of popcorn!

Stuff the popcorn, where's my beer!

P

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Why do we respect these opinions? There are many reasons to like or dislike trump, but to give more importance to these leaders simply due to status serves no one.

Show me the opinion of philosophers, geniuses, prodigies, true leaders by spirit and character rather than by political office, and I may have interest, but only based on my own notions of who deserves more respect compared to others. My own notions are not meant to be followed by others.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Really? Did the 95% of the rest of the world get the memo that we must FEAR Trump? You guys really have to read a news source outside the US. We're having the best time laughing at this debacle.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

We don't care what you non moon landers think.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: intrepid

We don't care what you non moon landers think.

Reread the OP.
If you need to, start with learning the alphabet. Should take you about 23 years.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha You cant be serious ? Have you urned the news on lately, the guy is on 24/7, he is a phenomena, Trump is going to decimate that woman/man, he is the master of deal making, youll see.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't take any of their opinions...

for one, they all gang together and point fingers at other nations that refuse to tollerate their war mongering etc.

and for two, didn't cameron once wank off inside a pigs head? Why should anyone trust a dolt like that? gross!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
One of the best quotes from the article....

“Given his positions, do we even want to have anything to do with this guy?” An unnamed European ambassador.

So important the "ambassador" remains anonymous !!!!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

That would be Mr.Nobody.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Really? Did the 95% of the rest of the world get the memo that we must FEAR Trump? You guys really have to read a news source outside the US. We're having the best time laughing at this debacle.

Got links...or is this just pulled from you know where?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

You cant do basic math in your head? Oops. Forgot. American. 7 billion people on the planet. I rounded Americans to 350,000,000 to make the math easier. Equates to 5%. Or is the problem that those 95% don't give a # about that crap?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
time will tell.

the man is not president yet, imagine if he becomes the potus.

i cant wait!
so far so good.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Leaders around the world haven't had to deal with a strong American President in decades. It isn't surprising that they would be wary of Trump.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Most on the list we shouldnt give a rat's a>> how they feel . In fact , looks as if they are running scared.

Cameron's response . Really ? Really ? After EU countries shutting down their borders ? What a box o rocks (w/o the rocks) . So , it is ok for EU countries to , but not the US ?

Saudis ? Really ? What difference , at this point , should it make ? With possible release of government documents that may show involvement with certain terrorist groups ?

The rest , irrelevant or despots.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You cant do basic math in your head? Oops. Forgot. American. 7 billion people on the planet. I rounded Americans to 350,000,000 to make the math easier. Equates to 5%. Or is the problem that those 95% don't give a # about that crap?

Yay! Super moderators mocking fellow ATS members.

Classy.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yay! Super moderators mocking fellow ATS members.

Classy.

He asked. I just helped him with the light lifting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join