It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Eighth Grade Class Told That Stripping Was Lucrative For Career Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The kids by the way loved it and the comments quoted in the local paper were all priceless. The felt he was keeping it real and telling it like it was. At any rate, i doubt any serious harm will occur and the school will no doubt allow this type of thing to happen again.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
well, actually -- morality issues aside -- stripping can definitely be a very lucrative career. with proper financial management, there is no reason why a women could not make a very decent living in this particular "entertainment" field.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is sick, really. Feeding girls lies to get them to drop pursuit of a decent, rewarding life long career and get ugly, fake boobs, and go work for seedy, less than stellar characters. Wonderful.

Not only that, but he pretty much lied about the money they could make. Only a hanful of well known strippers make anywhere close to 250k.

Really, this kind of thing is disturbing, that people out there are actually encouraging kids to this lifestyle, which isnt a very healthy one.

While there are a good number of strippers who are normal, healthy girls just trying to pay their way through college, with little intention of making it a carereer, I know from personal experiences alot of strippers have serious psychological problems, and most of the ones I have known were into drugs, and even prostitution on the side. Many had serious troubles in their relationships, ect.......this lifestyle is not the kind you want to encourage people to get into, its one that you end up in.

And encouraging girls to get breast implants is just sick, especially with all the body image problems many teenagers suffer today.

This guy should be investigated.

I dont personally find anything wrong with stripping, patronizing strippers, or going to such clubs, Ive hung out in a few myself. However, its not a lifestyle that you want to recruit or encourage kids to get into, and certainly not a legit "career" as it can only last as long as your looks do.

<< 1   >>

join