It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ok ok ok

Some then

But those some pretty much are causeing the rest of the world to point and laugh at the USA.

Your kinda like the Hodor of the world

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

If he wants to be a dick, that's his right. It doesn't mean we all have to think he's some righteous Christian Soldier. He's still a dick. God has nothing to do with dickishness.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't know what Hodor is, but please remember that it's only really a very few ugly Americans - the GOP are actually in the minority - they just don't have as much class as one would hope. Money can't buy class, you know.
It can only buy privilege.

Edit: Make no mistake, Mr Wigs and I have been having a really good few belly laughs at the expense of this election debacle. We both agree it is almost too surreal to be taken seriously. The Fundies take themselves far too seriously - and the general delight that Ted Cruz got roundly humiliated and soundly silenced and thoroughly trounced speaks to that.

He was an embarrassment to begin with. Trump is another embarrassment, but at least he's not peddling "Jesus" -

edit on 5/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
IMO small business owners should be able to pick and choose their customers. If this guy wants to be a jerk let him. I don't think Christian bakeries should have to bake gay wedding cakes either.

Stop thinking everyone needs to get down on their hands and feet and serve you, just because you're a customer. I don't see this as any different than a gas station putting a "no pants, no shoes, no service" sign in the window. The way things are going I bet nudists will be suing over that too.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I hate Fundies.

I really do.

It's really interesting how the left wingers in these threads always express so much hate for Christians, but if the thread is about a crazy Muslim, the same people flood the thread to defend them.

originally posted by: crazyewok

Ok ok ok

Some then

But those some pretty much are causeing the rest of the world to point and laugh at the USA.

How do you feel about all the Muslims rampaging around the world? A small minority that doesn't represent the rest, right?
edit on 5-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am not Christian nor do I consider myself all that "conservative" but I would have left any voting for a Commie or Hillary there to wait for the next truck too.
edit on 5-5-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

He was an embarrassment to begin with. Trump is another embarrassment, but at least he's not peddling "Jesus" -

Small concession.

I do think most American's are so over the Fundies.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

What Commie is running? There are no commies running for president.
And if you left anyone on the side of the road when you were called by the first responders to assist her, you would be equally a dick.

Okay, anyway - good to know that you would have left her there.
So then, it will be perfectly acceptable for others to refuse to help you also, should you ever need it. Right? And you won't have any reason to bitch or anyone to go crying to. Right?
You reap what you sow.

Act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk. It's an easy concept.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

How do you feel about all the Muslims rampaging around the world? A small minority that doesn't represent the rest, right?

Uh - right. And they aren't here, rampaging violently around my neighborhood, refusing to pick up cab fares (we have LOTS of Muslim cabbies here), refusing service to Americans here where they are choosing to do business in KwikieMarts, liquor stores, and Subways that serve bacon....

The lunatics of the ME are being dealt with where they are. I do feel just the same about them as I do about Christian Fundies, though. One group rampages with knifes and bombs, the other rampages with hate and vitriol. Same animal....

same nutjobs. Different "holy book of fiction."

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
IMO small business owners should be able to pick and choose their customers.

We've been there.

Remember "White's Only"?

And my mom, prior to the disability act, physically disabled from polio, was denied service many times because of the "ICK" factor.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why not I have seen "Black Only" barber shops. Who cares, if a small business wants to cater to a specific clientele why can't they? If you don't like it, don't do business with them. Simple yeah?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Not sure how that has anything to do with this topic?

Or you just shoe horning muslims in for the sake of it? Why dont we throw mexicans in while we are at it!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Annee
I hate Fundies.

I really do.

It's really interesting how the left wingers in these threads always express so much hate for Christians, but if the thread is about a crazy Muslim, the same people flood the thread to defend them.

originally posted by: crazyewok

Ok ok ok

Some then

So, you know my politics? "Left/Liberal" - - - the CATCH ALL BUCKET - - - for anything a Righty (assumed) doesn't agree with.

I am far from the Left/Liberal - - - except in Equal Treatment/Equal Rights.

Did I say anything about Christians? I said Fundies. We all know who they are. Many, probably most Christians are not Fundies.

Did you know, at least in part, Southern Baptist was founded by descendants of the Puritans? Religious Freedom, my ass. They were kicked out of England for trying to make the government a theocracy. Sound familiar?

Your issue with Muslims is your issue.

edit on 5-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Black hair is entirely different from white hair. There are many salons that can't serve Blacks because the operators and stylists don't know how to deal with the hair of black people. Likewise, stylists trained to cut, care for, and manage black people's hair can't do white people's hair very well.

Lame comparison. You might as well have said that Flute Repair Shops have signs that say "Flutes Only." It makes sense. Someone brings a trumpet in for repairs - or a snare drum - and the flute technician can't help them. You do know the difference between a flute and a trumpet and a snare drum, right?

For that matter, my former mechanic's shop was called "Imports Only" - he only worked on imports. Horrible, isn't it?

Yeah - well, this woman needed a tow. Unless the driver actually was unable to tow her (which happened to me last month when my car was in a parking garage and the first guy they sent had a flatbed that wouldn't fit into the garage - so I had to wait two hours for a fifth-wheel tow-truck - but at least the original responding driver arranged for the other guy to get there, and made sure I was okay in the meantime), then he should have towed her.

I recommend using AAA roadside assistance. They treat people right. Every time.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

?????

no pants, no shoes, no service

I believe the health codes covers part of this, and well, ya some businesses have the right to dress codes. But, ya notice there is a sign on the doors?? Does the tow truck driver have the nerve to put a "We don't serve leftists sign on his door? How about the catholic hospitals? Will they put a list of medical procedures that they will not do on their doors, in their literature, in their ads, so that pregnant women will know far in advanced of their due date and be given a chance to ensure they don't end up at one of these hospitals? you want the businesses to have the right to refuse services to various groups in society, then I think it's only fair that they have an obligation to at least notify the public of their bias so that the public doesn't waste their time with those businesses!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

edit on 5-5-2016 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth

maybe it's when he was telling the fundies not to throw stones at the hooker.

But, that will cost you $20 extra...the same as in town!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yep. When we go to one of the local hospitals for admission, they ask "what religious preference do you have" (you know, in case you need a chaplain or something), and we say "none", or "pagan," and they still let us in.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Doesn't change my underlying point, there is no good reason that a business can't pick who they serve. If you don't like it do business elsewhere. Let economics run the show, lose enough customers, go out of business. If it turns out it doesn't run em out of business then maybe there was enough of that select clientele to survive.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: Annee

Why not I have seen "Black Only" barber shops. Who cares, if a small business wants to cater to a specific clientele why can't they? If you don't like it, don't do business with them. Simple yeah?

I wouldn't get my hair done at a Kid's salon either.

If you service the specifics of Black Hair (which is a specialty) - - you serve ALL black hair.

Try to understand the difference.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join