It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking We Are Separate Beings - Are we Delusional?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Did you ever wonder why you were you?

Many logical, and open minded people believe they are separate from everything else, that somehow they are specially individual, but science tells us another story.

The science behind this concept is relatively simple yet our ego’s choose not to accept the premise.

Atoms, Protons, neutrons, electrons, and quarks are all part of what makes up energy. What we don’t seem to realize, in our state of delusion, is that although we think we are somehow separate beings, we are not, and everything is truly oneness.

If science were to say anything about us as beings, it should read, “another mass of energy in the universe, because that is exactly what we are.”

Nothing actually physically touches, in our Universe, so the delusions of solids are even more disturbing thinking in the context of everything being energy.

There is profoundness in our makeup, yet we fail to see it. We seem to know very little, yet we are made up of everything, and have access to everything. Think about that for a second, or two.

And even if we think our make up in mass means something, mathematically the energy mass is zero, in an infinite universe.

We never really lose, or gain anything because everything always exists, it’s just the delusions of our current state of being say so.

The question would be to ask oneself is “ What is this delusion we live in that somehow gives the appearance of separation?”

I always smile when someone points out another person’s ADD. I guess everything is subjective in a delusional state.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 4-5-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
What makes me me is unique to me, my soul.

I am not you. We are all individuals mad of the same stuff.

We all have a unique conscience or soul.

Science is still ignorant on many things.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
What makes me me is unique to me, my soul.

I am not you. We are all individuals mad of the same stuff.

We all have a unique conscience or soul.

Science is still ignorant on many things.

Science actually acknowledges it on many levels, it's just many in the science world choose to ignore it. Read through the OP again and maybe you'll understand what I'm saying.

And claiming you have a soul would be delusional too, because we can't actually prove it. I'm not saying it doesn't exist we just can't prove it to ourselves.

Ignorance is not knowing. but how exactly can we know, or quantify any of this?

We don't know where we came from, we don't know where we are going, well unless ones subscribes to the dogma's of religions, then we have plenty of stories written by men to ease our delusional states.

My OP merely states that we are oneness, not separate, and science acknowledges this.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We are all individual. We just share common inevitabilities such as we are born, we age, we die. Even if what you said is true, that there is no great purpose for us as a species or as an individual, all that would do if widely believed is increase the suicide rate.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

“ What is this delusion we live in that somehow gives the appearance of separation?”

I believe it's called the "veil of forgetting." We have access to much more information in the spiritual realm but we come here to forget all we know. Without this veil, we wouldn't search for any catalyst that would normally create a new experience. We would then stagnate and cease growing spiritually. JMO.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RevolutionAnon

We are all individual. We just share common inevitabilities such as we are born, we age, we die. Even if what you said is true, that there is no great purpose for us as a species or as an individual, all that would do if widely believed is increase the suicide rate.

We all seem to search for something. Something that does not exist here on earth, something that eludes us, something that religion can't seem to pacify, nor Science quench, but yet we continue on this search.

I think if we actually found this something, it quite possibly may be this oneness, and may change our way of being, and thinking.

In my opinion it scares the heck out of us to think we are not separate, the we have to be unique, special, and not part of a universal oneness.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I am not you. We are all individuals made of the same stuff.

I think you should consider the possibility that we are the same, as there is only one thing to begin with.
We, for now, just seem to be different. LOVE

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

“ What is this delusion we live in that somehow gives the appearance of separation?”

I believe it's called the "veil of forgetting." We have access to much more information in the spiritual realm but we come here to forget all we know. Without this veil, we wouldn't search for any catalyst that would normally create a new experience. We would then stagnate and cease growing spiritually. JMO.

Again this is part of a dogma. "Veil of forgetting."

And why would we need to create new experiences, if everything already exists in oneness.

Growing spiritually? so we start off as nothing and grow into what exactly? A new god, a new universe.

Did some higher god spin us out of thin air and say rise in the ranks spiritually by living millions of lives, and on different planes?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

We are not seperate, besides a few individuals with rare conditions we are all built in the same way. A good example is a street of houses. All constructed in exactly the same fashion so that you could live in one but still walk around the others in complete darkness. All that makes them individual is the personal taste in decoration. I am barely what you would call religious. I only pray because i do all that i can to find where i am going in life but usually end up lost, moving backwards or just stationary. Praying feels like a good idea because it takes minimal effort and who knows? Perhaps there is a God or a force and it will answer. Also what about death? Alot of people rightly fear or are concerned about it but death may be a step into something better than this world could ever be. Or it could be nothingness or something akin to hell. Death is definately my favoured mystery.

edit on 4-5-2016 by RevolutionAnon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RevolutionAnon

We are not seperate, besides a few individuals with rare conditions we are all built in the same way. A good example is a street of houses. All constructed in exactly the same fashion so that you could live in one but still walk around the others in complete darkness. All that makes them individual is the personal taste in decoration. I am barely what you would call religious. I only pray because i do all that i can to find where i am going in life but usually end up lost, moving backwards or just stationary. Praying feels like a good idea because it takes minimal effort and who knows? Perhaps there is a God or a force and it will answer. Also what about death? Alot of people rightly fear or are concerned about it but death may be a step into something better than this world could ever be. Or it could be nothingness or something akin to hell. Death is definately my favoured mystery.

Great input and well thought out. Thanks everyone so far.

I'm not saying any of us are right or wrong. What I'm trying to see is more of paradoxal mindset between us instead of the duality mindset.

Personally I think praying really helps, even though I'm agnostic.

The absurdities, delusions, and contradictions in our day to day lives are absolutely overwhelming, so I completely understand when people pick religions to find peace.

I have to say the closest I've ever come to feeling this oneness is meditation, and having a OBE. So personal experience seems to help, but it still doesn't answer why are we not feeling the oneness, and in the current state we are in.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The universe is an enormous and continuous experience, there is nothing separate from this experience, only different points of view within it.

Is a car not one thing with many parts? The same goes for the universe, everything is connected and dependent on everything else, everything affects something else in all directions infinitely.

The butterfly effect comes to mind, the idea that even the tiniest change in the present (like killing a butterfly) could cause huge ramifications in the future.

We are all facets of the one universal energy just as a diamond has many facets on its body. One surface of the diamond faces a different direction than the others but they are all still parts of the one diamond, the same goes for us.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's ironic , that yesterday I got into a heated debate with my boyfriend because I told him everything is connected. He was almost offended that I said life is one big ecosystem. Mind you he's one of the most logical, linear thinking individuals I know, but he simply can't grasp the concept of "oneness" .

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
could you handle knowing that you were the person who committed great evil would be one with the righteous without committing suicide or harming yourself or others?

remember the guy who "channeled." the law of one ra material had commited suicide.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We are a construct, you accept that since you used the word, "oneself".......strangely enough in the context of togetherness...when you talk to 'yourself'. Thing is in this age of grace, we know we are made of the same stuff, however the soup, by default, is not always the same, just similar. We know today that certain genes, are memory genes, not autonomous built in stuff as such like a common share of function, but real memories and that they are part of the construct as to who you are.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Growing spiritually? so we start off as nothing and grow into what exactly? A new god, a new universe.

Well, sort of. We start off as everything which was thought with no form, then this thought split up into forms made of light. These vibrations proceed and continue to engage in an infinite dance of interactions between other vibrations; and then new possibilities arise, those being possibilities like us.

So yeah, eventually, we get back to where we came from and then we go off as new GODS somewhere else. JMO.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We're infinite numbers of individual intelligences, spirit/soul, and though on high, in higher mind dimensions we have unity and telepathy, we are always ourselves. I am never you, and you are never me.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
not really

is a cycle when you are at a stage of oneness and when you are at a stage of being an individual by the time you are ready to become one the other became an individual

You can't force this on anyone

There is nothing more beautiful than becoming one but forcing it creates illusion

that you think you can force it is delusion

edit on 4-5-2016 by Steven1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Teeky

www.thelawofone.info

Also see: Bell's Theorem

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky
It's ironic , that yesterday I got into a heated debate with my boyfriend because I told him everything is connected. He was almost offended that I said life is one big ecosystem. Mind you he's one of the most logical, linear thinking individuals I know, but he simply can't grasp the concept of "oneness" .

I think your bf equates oneness with uniformity which it is not. It is a fact that the Nature tends towards diversity or rather the very nature of Nature is diversity, and one can see the acts of perpetual speciation going on in Nature. It is not possible to understand 'oneness' without understanding its polar opposite 'diversity'. Diversity by necessity presupposes Oneness, so it is not possible to talk about oneness without, at the same time, bringing to the same table its polar opposite.

Uniformity on the other hand destroys diversity and you can see this very clearly in politics where dissent or any exercise of diversity or variation means stepping out of line and regarded as betrayal, treason, etc. You can see this operating everywhere in organizations where the employees are required or forced to wear UNIFORMS. Note that unity is not necessarily oneness. More often not, unity is nothing more than an attempt to exact uniformity, which = CONformity. So there is no saving grace here only the ugly head of power politics as wolf in sheep's clothing.

Those scientists who used to ardently espoused MONOculture and advocated rice monoculture learnt a hard and bitter lesson when they tried to put that into practice via research projects. What did they reap? The humiliation of finding that monoculture yielded the lowest energy output!! In the end, they realized the wisdom in Nature - leave her alone to revel her infinite diversity, which is already operating ecologically at its maximal energy output - yes, when left alone.

It will take time for the uninitiated to believe, let alone understand, in universal oneness. Can one meaningfully teach quantum physics to an ordinary child in the kindergarten? Initially, one will be at the level of accepting of or believing in individual karma but as understanding deepens, that initial step will be replaced by a relatively truer reality - i.e. group karma, and at an even higher stage, it deepens to universal or cosmic karma. At the highest level, one comes home to the understanding that there is neither karma nor nonkarma.

So, accept your bf's current status, and if you sincerely hold onto your own understanding and accepting of oneness, he will join you too, such is the magnetic power of higher truth. And if you want to speed up the process for him, take him to the theosophical society - look out for a good one, even one online with a good online library.

Yes, everything is just a concept ultimately, including even the most sacred concept of all called 'I Am' and that's the one to hold onto.

edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky

That bit about 'ecosystem' is interesting as I recently came across a video that is very interesting and relevant to this oneness subject - it helps to bring home the message contained the simple quote "Existence is coexistence." The focus in the video is intestinal microbiota not only determines our health but also our existence as well. Where would we be without them?

Video: www.youtube.com...

"It's coexistence or no existence." - Bertrand Russell
" Ecological differentiation is the necessary condition for coexistence." — Garrett Hardin

edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: amendments

edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: amendments

edit on Mayam16 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join