It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tech Bubble is Bursting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
www.wsj.com...

“One of the reasons people are raising all these funds isn’t because they want the money, but because they believe their own metrics are inflated at the moment, and they want to get that money before companies in their portfolios start crashing and burning,” he said. Some startups also are employing a similar strategy.

So is this article a proper analysis of a coming market correction?

Is Bubble to strong of a word?

It's really hard to tell what's really going on with the economy. One thing from the Fed, the government and another from Peter Schiff and the alternative media.

What's the truth?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Peter Schiff has been saying the sky is going to fall every other week for the last 10 years.

I think the Average Joe is going to get even more screwed and used as usual, and will go along with it, as usual.

Meanwhile they are turning off the water on the Poor in Michigan and denying families with less than $100 to their name, food in New Mexico. This is the tip of the Iceberg, and it is cold.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Well in the last year there's been a commercial real estate boom in the last three states I've live in. Big pickup.

We just got four big commercial flooring jobs finishing up 4,000 sq ft of vct I did myself tomorrow and starting two more jobs Wednesday and we have another crew going and might grab another.

Haven't seen this kind of activity in years

Maybe that's another Bubble.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Peter Schiff has been saying the sky is going to fall every other week for the last 10 years.

I think the Average Joe is going to get even more screwed and used as usual, and will go along with it, as usual.

Meanwhile they are turning off the water on the Poor in Michigan and denying families with less than $100 to their name, food in New Mexico. This is the tip of the Iceberg, and it is cold.

We have not heard about this in the MSM , Make a good thread

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I see a lot of empty commercial buildings with "For Lease" signs, with new buildings being built right next door. Makes no sense to me, I'm just glad I'm not the landlord.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Yea I see that too been wondering what's going on.

I've sensed something isnf right about all the building going on.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: 38181

Yea I see that too been wondering what's going on.

I've sensed something isnf right about all the building going on.

I remember reading something a while ago about Banks swapping stock , ie houses and commercial propert between each other making it look like the property market was booming and the ones doing it were getting nice bonuses .

But in real life nothing much was happening just the rich doing a tax fraud ?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dont let anyone tell you differently, Peter Schiff is the man. Yeah he has been saying we're in trouble for years because it's true, and nothing has changed since '08!
As soon as the Fed decided to stop QE the air has slowly been coming out. There is a bubble in tech, autos, realestate, and of course the dollar. I dont need Peter Schiff to tell me that, it's so crazy in Colorado people are paying 10k or more above asking price on a house. Also intel just anounced layoffs and apple had one of the biggest revenue misses in years. Tech companies are starting to feel the crunch.
edit on 2-5-2016 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Trump will usher in a new economic boom.....

When he deports all the Mexicans; we can all get jobs picking fruit, washing dishes, cleaning motel rooms and live the good life.
edit on 2-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump will usher in a new economic boom.....

When he deports all the Mexicans; we can all get jobs picking fruit, washing dishes, cleaning motel rooms and live the good life.

This sort of thinking is not helpful.

You are saying that some people are lower in rank and they should be doing jobs that you deem lower in rank. All jobs are necessary. Remember that your mother had a job changing dirty diapers when you were young.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is a bubble because investors are chasing any kind of yield due to the ZIRP of the fed. This is why the stock market is inflated, real estate, etc.

When it bursts, it will catch most people off guard. It always does...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The currency itself is bursting, and the correction will be spectacular.

In 'murka, Joe sixpack and his family spend most of their money on taxes, then living expenses...
but after that comes entertainment. Friendface, netflix, always-available connectivity (smartphones), etc are the next big way to get the attention of the middle class wallet.

If you're not the goobers or the bankers or the utilities, your best bet for making money is entertainment. The biggest gamble with the biggest rewards is tech startups.

They'll keep getting more aggressive and take bigger chances to get rich quick, but I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. It will keep down this path until some other big change comes around- collapse of the medical industry as the baby boomers start dying off in droves, maybe. Or when the fiat currency around the world starts to fall apart.

It's an interesting anomaly, for sure... but nothing lasts forever.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Here in Texas it's a bit of a mix. There's incredible growth in some areas, the Austin-San Antonio corridor is growing the fastest I've ever seen. The oil business... that's an other story. We were producing a whole lot 18 months ago, and a lot of jobs have evaporated because of the global over-supply and subsequent drop in the price of crude/bbl.

As for tech, yea sure there's another bubble... we had the dot-com bubble, and I think there's this hype from the culture that has been running with the social media and smartphone revolution. These things have been game-changers, but that doesn't mean you should throw your monies at new startups just cause. I also see this trend where people believe they can be a coder just cause they're willing to try, and the result is kinda like trying to get everyone to have a college degree... a decline in the standard. So you have a lot of hopeful not so good coders seeking investment in what will certainly bust in time. I don't know just my perception of things, maybe it's a bit off.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I love opportunities, ... erm, I mean corrections.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Wait a minute. Didn't the "tech bubble burst" right before the 2008 housing markets derivatives crash (Banksters cashing out on the taxpayer dollar)? I haven't read the article yet, but if it is like what happened in 2008, then get ready for another roller coaster in the economy.

In other news, Apple's profits have finally cone to a halt as of 2016. I'm glad that I never felt the need to support most of the tech Behemoths.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Wasn't China doing this for decades, building residential cities with no one living in them just to... from what I theorize keep the manufacturers manufacturing so that the industry doesn't fold.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It's really hard to tell what's really going on with the economy. One thing from the Fed, the government and another from Peter Schiff and the alternative media.

What's the truth?

The truth is somewhere in-between.
Schiff is making a profit out of screaming the sky is falling and he seems to believe his own hype too much, the guy might be occasionally right on minor things, but just like Celente he's been wrong for the last ten years on almost everything.

There's no doubt that governments are still papering over the cracks, that's absolutely true, but this is not the end of the world. People will tighten their belts, people will change their lifestyles, people will change careers and get assistance to do it in many cases too.

Yeah, people will hurt economically and they will be for a while, and yeah there is a class of people raping society for their own desperate psychopathic need to hoard masses of wealth, but things are changing and technology is helping normal people to steal back control from those corporations and money hoarders.

The world is not ending, no matter how much Schiff and Celente want you to think it is.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm not so sure, I read a lot of the CS based reddits and nothing there indicates that things are getting any worse. If anything things are improving, there has been a huge push my companies to move to working remote which is good for employees, and benefits packages have been steadily improving. There's still the issue of insourcing but even that is on a decline.

Peter Schiff is also similar to The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Eventually he's going to be right, but it doesn't look like that day is today.
edit on 5-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If weird things start to happen concerning glitches on computer networks, servers, global service providers etc, it wouldn't surprise me if it is a 'grudge' worm.

In other words, if a computer programmer, who knows a greedy company is going to fire him, then when he/she goes down, they are going to take the company with them.

new topics

top topics

join