It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampiric Nation: Fact Or Fiction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I understand there are these whacks that think there undead and immortal so on and so forth draining everything of the crimson liquid and each other on that matter but my case here is...Is there really a Cain>Kain? is there really a vampiric nation now this is where it gets intresting i was doing some digging on a few medical sites and looking at virus defects and such that share the same similar triats for the vampiric bloodline such as the thirst highented strengths and such yet weakening them in ways as well over time wearing down the body and such mentally and physically these things only last for a period of time as if there running souly off aderline reverting them back to primitive instincts and then it comes to mind who created such a thing why to create such a thing i wonder if this Vampire thing could of been an early failed experiment a write off if you will in the long search for the next evoloution of Man's existance

Tell me what you think and dont be insulting please

Noct

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
your a smart guy i respect that....but vampires arent real u dont see them eatin innocent people who just steeped outside to see the moon......but u could make vampires using bio technology....i think...but ya it could be done. And if they were made they would probably be used as a bio weapon why send in soldiers well when u can send in vampires to stop ur problem....

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If you think about it, we all start off life as vampires in the womb, living off the blood of our mother.

But further than that I doubt any stories of heightened strength and what not from the consumation of blood from other people.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Being a man of faith and science, as well as seeing "bloodrinkers" first hand, I can tell you "Vampires" in the mythical sense do not exist. People who derive a sexual/sensual pleasure from drinking blood do exist. They however are nothing more than a human being with a fetish. They don't have special powers, they just have "special" turn-ons, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ha! ADHDthatsux4me that sux for the person on the other side of the fetish! ha! I think vampires where just over exagerated stories of cannabilism (check spelling) that people in Europe in the old days used to tell the villagers to keep them affraid. The people back then where scared of everything like whitch's, vampires, demons(probely true), The majority of people seemed pretty gullible about topics they did'nt understand. But I guess its one of those things you have to see to believe.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hrmmm perhaps i was searching for a answer in all this because strange things are happening to me im not claiming to be a vampire of sorts i suppose yet looking for an answer as to why im changing so much because ever since i hit puberity i cant stand the sunlight it gives me headaches and hurts my eyes i love the dark hense my name durring the day im tired sleepy have no energy at night im awake live and full of energy atleast about once every month or so i start to wear down abit and i ask my fiancee for abit of blood and she agrees and i feed from her alittle bit im not crazy and i was never like this ive been to doctors and shrinks all my life explaining of my anger and thirst i suppose and yet still no answers just more drugs that dont help they have tried to suppress the anger of which i call the beast within because my fiancee saw me angry and said i was a completely different person and she feared for her life because i was calm my posture changed my eyes shifted and changed in color my accent everything changed ive even been exorcised because my mother thought i was possed because from what others have told me ive picked her up and thrown her through doors and pinned her agianst walls and everything else but the extreamly bad part is i dont remember anything untill i really calm down then after that im so weak i cant stand up it's like ive exherted everything and then my side and stomech hurt beyond anything ive ever felt before my friends and family are afraid of me when im angry so they just agree with me now fearing that im going to get angry i was searching for a answer to all of this because everything just spiraled downward in my life ive had behavorial scentist's study me and everything else but still not one god damn clue the last theripist i was at i remember talking to then after that i dont remembering anything till the end of the session where the guy was crying and fled the room i really and truly personally dont know what happened and please dont call me crazy i hate that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------
The night holds many illusions and im one of them

Noct

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok, first off, maybe use a period here and there when you type. That was painful to read through ;-)

Secondly, have you seen a doctor? That's your first step to find out what's wrong. And I would suggest you stop drinking blood.

ID

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here are a few diseases that are thought to have brought about the myth of the Vampire that exists to this day. After reading over these myself I can honestly see why this myth arose, people are often scared of the unknown and these symptoms are almost mirror images of the overall vampire myth.

Tuberculosis, which was formerly referred to as Consumption was a common false indicator of vampirism as it would usually effect an entire family and the person who died first of it would be though to be responsible and thus a vampire (strange I know).

Xeroderma pigmentosum causes the skin to become sensitive UV radiation especially sunlight and can result in blistering or freckling even from minimal exposure.

Catalepsy may be at part responsible for the myth of vampires as it slowly shuts down the nervous system slowing the individual’s heart rate until it becomes virtually non-existent. A person suffering from this condition may fall into a state where they are able to see and hear but cannot move. To the untrained eye it would look as though the person had passed on. Embalming dead bodies is a recent idea and so people may have buried someone suffering from Catalepsy only to find out later that they had awoken from this state and dug their way out.

Porphyria causes individuals gums to tighten severally around teeth which would make the canine teeth appear to be much more prominent. It also causes the body to be unable to produce heme (a component of red blood). This lack of heme is today treated with regular injections however long ago victims may have attempted to treat it by consuming blood, this however does not aid the victim as the heme is unable to survive digestion. Garlic worsens the symptoms of Porphyria making the effects much more painful thus someone suffering from this disease would attempt to avoid it.

Anemia is a blood disease which causes the number of red blood cells to drop drastically. Symptoms include a pale complexion and inability to consume food. Both of these symptoms were also thought to be signs that a person had been bitten by a vampire and thus was beginning their own transformation.

-id

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ID, all of those diseases are exclusive to each other, so how is it that we describe vampires with all of the traits?

I think the belief in vampires is new age hollism gone completely bonkers if you ask me.

ID

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

ID, all of those diseases are exclusive to each other, so how is it that we describe vampires with all of the traits?

Good question, I suppose I was not clear in my post and for that I apologies. I was not attempting to say that some unlucky person was stricken with all of these diseases and thus the vampire myth was born. Myths are subject to human’s natural curiosity and their unfortunate habit of retelling things bigger and better then actuality. A person with one of these diseases may have started a small myth about undead people, this myth may have grown bigger upon someone with another disease attempting to drink blood to cure themselves (or someone who simply enjoyed drinking blood) then someone somewhere else may have been sensitive to light and garlic adding more to the myth. Though this is all speculation this snowballing effect may have been responsible for the start of this and many other legends of old. People are never comfortable with things they do not understand and it is comforting to pass of things such as diseases with exotic symptoms as something simple like vampires.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If you're willing to accept the idea that you MAY be turning into a vampire, can you entertain the idea of "Demonic Possesion"? You say that you have been seeing docters and such for a while, how about a priest, or some other type of spiritual leader? I'm not saying that they have the answer, but you don't seem to be happy the way you are, and you have run out of answers thru modern medicine. What was your childhood like? What were your parents and grandparents like? Were they involved in any kind of occult type activities that you know of? Things like demonic possesion can be passed down thru generations.

On a side note, your fiance has stayed with you after asking her for her blood??? Wow, that's some kind of fiance

[edit on 20-1-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Have you tried eating your steaks rare? i don't wanna sound like a freak ,but at times i have cravings for blood and this kind of helps. Seriously go out and have yourself a Big BLoody Steak.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nocturnal_Illusions

The night holds many illusions and im one of them

Noct

Nocturnal ... I wish I could meet you ... it would be very, very intersting.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is a website you might want to peruse.
Sanguinarius
It may or may not help, but I hope so. Also, I hope you find the balance for which you seem to be striving.
My personal opinion on most subjects is that no one knows everything, and least of all me. So, if your life works for you and hurts no one, then rest easy. You are ahead of the pack.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I remember a while ago I read a paper for a history class that found a correlation between an outbreak of rabies in Europe and a rash of vampire sightings. I asked an aunt of mine who is a doctor and she said that rabies causes the eyes to be sensitive to light, the throat constricts making it hard to drink and causing extreme thirst, and of course aggression, so maybe the stories of blood drinkers were founded on people who were cookoo with the rabies.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by sinatracementshoes]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nocturnal if you are freaking out I would suggest trying to get some help. Vampirism may or may not be real, but irregardless there are certain behaviors that are not acceptable. If you feel it is out of your control I would suggest the same site an earlier poster suggested, if that doesn't help then seek help Immediatelly!!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Please.

The next time you post first edit the message. Your babble is hard to understand.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I most definately believe in Vampires. The bible says we are not to drink the blood of any living thing and also that "the blood is the life therof"....so its pretty obvious that if the blood is life, then if one drank anothers blood, it is reasonable to believe that they may get a temporary high and increased agility etc.....the more victims they drink from the more stronger they become.....although as for the hollywood style vampires that have fangs and hate garlic, i think they are false...i do know however that some wannabe vampires fashion their canines into fangs to appear as vampires and indeed drink peopels blood....although the blood suppliers are said to be 'compliant' and a close friend who is also a vampire.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Blood is full of nutriens, so its very healthy in some way to drink it... But I wouldnt recommend it!

But maybe it could explain how vampires can 'live' of blood.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nocturnal illusion, I am really shocked your fiancee' puts up with the VIOLENT behaviors you have shown. The blood drinking is a little out there, but the violence is not tolerable. I would give her advice to run far and fast.

If you are sleeping during the day, then it sounds as if you have your sleep rythmns messed up. Stay up all day and set your alarm for 7am. You willl everntually change your sleep cycle back

If you truly do not have any mental or health problems, I would contact a priest. I don't believe in vampires, as in the legendary sense, but demonic possesion could be a possibly otherwordly explanation.

I would definitely persue a full physical, a psychological workup and getting up in the morning with no daytime naps.

My eyes have become sensitive to sunlight in the last few years, though it is due to a thyroid problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join