It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A parting gift for the Bathroom Bill.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The LGBT community should be outraged at this, and instead of continuing to lambaste the Republicans for having views that differ from theirs, should be aggressively outing people such as this who hide behind the safety of the LGBT protection, while being the stereotypical pervert that right wingers were talking about.

I'm sure LGBT people ARE outraged at people molesting children, regardless of who they are. But the Republicans are the ones who are so intent (and have been for 50+ years) on denying the rights of groups of people, based on their sexuality and gender identity, NOT because they simply "have different views". So, the lambasting of the Republican party is warranted.

But you can hate on republicans all the time, when some kiddie fiddler tries to slip in a law enabling him and others like him to be able to enter the wrong bathroom, and then hide that behind the transgender thing, well, I though that might make those who were used for this purpose a bit angry. But since you mentioned that republicans are dumb, I guess that closes this chapter.

Oh ,and the guy who likes to diddle kids and pushed for this part of the bill, well,.....he wasn't a republican.
you're using the tried and trusted republican slur al gays (and in your retarded brain, transgenders) are peadophiles.
get educated idiot.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Obviously they are not grown up enough as a society to use the potty

I think its more that we like to peek over the partition to complain about the accessories.

Where I come from, that sort of thing can cause you some trouble. Your best bet is to walk in and quietly stare straight ahead. The bathroom is no place for talking and having a dispute. Its common sense for the most part....but the folks with common sense aren't typically the squeakiest wheels.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think another way to put it; LGBT wastes time arguing with Republicans about their belief, and should spend that time, instead, on outing the people that help destroy the logic behind the GOP belief system/platform base.

LGBT people are not arguing about belief. They're fighting for the same rights the rest of us enjoy. I agree that there are other ways they could spend their time. But apparently, claiming and demanding their rights is more important to them than trying to change how people feel about them.

TBH, using the words "Republicans" and "Democrats" as if they possess some innate traits seems silly. Its a box people fit themselves into...we should laugh at people who look silly walking around in boxes. instead of acknowleding them seriously.

Agreed completely. network dude used that label and I responded, using that word. But I mean Republican lawmakers, not all Republicans. The overwhelming majority of laws enacted, present or past, that attempt to remove LGBT's rights, are brought up and passed by Republican lawmakers.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Why does every town in the country have to make bathroom laws now? I swear the people coming up with this garbage are just as culpable in this insanity as the people who can't figure out where they should be peeing.

Why is bathroom politics literally sweeping the nation? It's ridiculous. Now it's all about proving a point, for both "sides" of the debate, and has very little to do with equality, inclusion, or any of that other bulls# they tell you.

It's just madness. It's like there spraying us with chemicals that have turned everyone into washroom sociopaths.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
So far, I think there have been two "bathroom laws" passed?
One by the state of North Carolina and one by the city of Oxford, Alabama.
Both specify that people must use the restroom which corresponds to the sex shown on their birth certificate.

This could be problematic when a fully transitioned transexual shows up.

edit on 5/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The LGBT community should be outraged at this, and instead of continuing to lambaste the Republicans for having views that differ from theirs, should be aggressively outing people such as this who hide behind the safety of the LGBT protection, while being the stereotypical pervert that right wingers were talking about.

I'm sure LGBT people ARE outraged at people molesting children, regardless of who they are. But the Republicans are the ones who are so intent (and have been for 50+ years) on denying the rights of groups of people, based on their sexuality and gender identity, NOT because they simply "have different views". So, the lambasting of the Republican party is warranted.

But you can hate on republicans all the time, when some kiddie fiddler tries to slip in a law enabling him and others like him to be able to enter the wrong bathroom, and then hide that behind the transgender thing, well, I though that might make those who were used for this purpose a bit angry. But since you mentioned that republicans are dumb, I guess that closes this chapter.

Oh ,and the guy who likes to diddle kids and pushed for this part of the bill, well,.....he wasn't a republican.
you're using the tried and trusted republican slur al gays (and in your retarded brain, transgenders) are peadophiles.
get educated idiot.

you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. So you have a chance to re-read, and hopefully, re-understand what the # I wrote.

This article is about the person who pushed this bill. He is a child molester. A convicted child molester. And yes, I get that his actions have # to do with LGBT and/or transgender, but.....he did push the bill and is a child molester, and that should outrage those who have a brain bigger than a pea. Where yours might not be quite that large.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NthOther
So far, I think there have been two "bathroom laws" passed?
One by the state of North Carolina and one by the city of Oxford, Alabama.
Both specify that people must use the restroom which corresponds to the sex shown on their birth certificate.

This could be problematic when a fully transitioned transexual shows up.

one should be bussed in shortly. Al Sharpton will be the driver.
edit on 3-5-2016 by network dude because: fixed

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Why does every town in the country have to make bathroom laws now?

It's an election year and politicians are trying to win votes by appealing to fear and ignorance of the people... The people are easily manipulated with fear, and they don't bother asking if there's even a problem to begin with... They just want to put unrealistic and unneeded limits on other people's behavior.

Statistics Show Exactly How Many Times Trans People Have Attacked You in Bathrooms

Surprise: There are zero reported cases of this happening.

Several states, including Arizona, Florida, Texas and Kentucky, have considered or are considering enacting so-called "bathroom bills," which restrict transgender people from using the bathroom in line with their gender identity, and are framed as "protective" measures against "sexual predators."

But these bills are not protective. They're vehicles for instilling fear of trans and gender-nonconforming people. For example, Florida State Representative Frank Artiles (R), who sponsored the Single Sex Public Facilities bill (HB 583), did not provide any evidence that a trans person has ever attacked cisgender (non-transgender) people in public restrooms when pressed by BuzzFeed in February. On his blog, Artiles wrote that this bill is a "preventative" measure and was not spurred by a specific incident.

Republican Legislators, NOT Trans People, are the ones who Cannot Control their Nasty Bathroom Habits

More Republican legislators are arrested for sexual misconduct in public bathrooms than transgender people.

So far, statistics show no trans person arrested for sexual misconduct in a public bathroom, BUT surprise, surprise (or not?), three Republicans lawmakers had been arrested for doing very naughty things in there.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think its why people buy coffee machines, too. They become sold on there being a problem with their coffee. Meanwhile, and I think any coffee drinker would agree, the french press (old school low tech) is still going to give you the best cup of coffee.

As an example, anyway.

Politicians are salesmen, selling themselves to the public as a brand of "leadership". We each have a limited amount of capital to spend (votes) and they are all hoping you will spend it on their brand (and not a competitor).

on an unrelated note, im always amused when someone complains about me trying to reinvent the wheel, when all im really trying to do is build a better mousetrap.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The NC legislature will not repeal the HB2 until the tax revenue lost is so large, they will have to cut their pork projects.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Simply because something wasn't an issue for you doesn't mean it wasn't an issue for someone else or other people.

And issues don't get resolved by ignoring them. Problems don't go away if you stick your head in the sand.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Now the argument that transgender people are a threat to others in the bathroom isn't really even a valid one. It's premise is ignorant.

That is not the argument or premise, though. It's the argument/premise that the trans-supporters want to say is the conservative stance.

The true argument is what you are pointing out. Male perverts and molesters could use the pro-trans laws to take advantage of women and girls when their defenses are lowered in locker rooms and showers. It really isn't about the trans at all, it's about depraved human nature.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: network dude

Simply because something wasn't an issue for you doesn't mean it wasn't an issue for someone else or other people.

And issues don't get resolved by ignoring them. Problems don't go away if you stick your head in the sand.

But where was the issue? Everyone keeps showing pictures of what looks like men, or what looks like women. If you can't tell the difference, who is having this issue?

Or did the SJW just assume they wanted some help?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join