It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tumour is now untreatable -- RIP our beloved friend: August 11, 2016 --

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
Thanks mate, will check those threads out.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You are absolutely correct.

Mourning is a natural process and it is beautiful. It shows how much we mean to each other, emphasized by the love we have for one another and is honorable.

As is celebrating the life we had together. The full context of my beliefs was to emphasize that we are not separate and are very important in each others lives and also to give the idea that we do continue on.

I truly hope you do not think I was attempting to say woodwards life does not matter, that is the exact opposite of what I had hoped my message would relay.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amMonday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky this feels most appropriate for now

edit on 2-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
I truly hope you do not think I was attempting to say woodwards life does not matter, that is the exact opposite of what I had hoped my message would relay.

Naa, I just wanted to express why its important to mark and honor the passing of the life even if you dont believe its an end.

I used to talk to this old spiritualist type guy many many years ago who was quite frustrating and cold. not a single death nor persons story moved him at all, nor gave him any class. He dismissed mourning as mourning that someone changed their clothes, said it was their choice anyhow (he believed all deaths are 100% predetermined by the person themself..no accidents, no anything..its all a choice we make with our higher self, etc).

Thing is, even though he would, in a spiritualist way, make some sense, it still made me mostly just want to punch him until his bones turned to dust whenever some mourning mother or depressed terminal person came in to chat and he gave his condesending tone like they were somehow apes for not being as enlightened as him.
it gave me a bit of joy when his wife left him that he used to simply demand was his whatever..connection or soulmate or some such..guess even she, the hippy she was, had enough of his apathetic connections.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the update Woodward.

Since your first post, I have thought about what you have been going through and I have been following developments in the advancement of treatments for your condition, hoping that a breakthrough would be made.

Whilst I am saddened by your post today, I also find it uplifting. You have dealt with this with great dignity and I know it must be difficult sharing what you have been told by the professionals.

Stay strong for as long as you can, keep posting here for as long as you can, for you will continue to have an effect on how some people view the world, which could last their lifetime.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Really sorry to hear that man

I'd hoped you'd beaten it, just keep posting here as long as you can, you are a good counter balance to my mouthy prick style of comments. You make me think twice very often.
Love your way fella.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Kandinsky this feels most appropriate for now

Thank you for sharing this!!

I have found much solace within the wisdom Alan Watts has espoused!

It is good to know you liked what you heard

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this woodward.. I know it may sound like bs but honestly you have always been one of my favourite posters here, especially when you were more active.. And whenever I see your name reminds me of 'the equaliser' (do you remember that show)

I hope this doesn't came across as insensitive but it has always interested me how people's outlook changes toward the end of life.. And I always find those people the wisest..

Did your Outlook change at any point? Did you have any moments of clarity?
I read a few books on the subject and it appears that a certain point comes when a person is kind of OK with it.

Can I ask how old you are? And also what us your personal belief of what happens after this life?

I too listen to Alan watts, I like the real you talk. A lot of what he says makes sense.

Hope this post makes sense as I've been in bed for 2 days with a fever.. And was a bit delirious yesterday.. Lol..

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You're a good man.

Not sure what else to say mate other than I'm hoping you keep coming here.

I'm sure you've got a good support structure but... I'm in the north, if you need owt give me a shout.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Although we tend to disagree on many topics, I do respect and enjoy your participation on this website. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that after reading some of your more personal threads, I feel you are an intelligent, strong and compassionate person whose opinion is highly valued. Very sorry to hear that things are not going so well and wish you all the very best. I hope your remaining time is filled with wonder, excitement and joy. I have a strong feeling we will cross paths again at some point in an alternate existence. Stay strong and seize the day as best you can!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You have been an amazing inspiration to be so brave and strong throughout this. I am going to share with you a part of masonry that had deep meaning to us, and translates to all.

APRON PRESENTATION SPEECH :
My Brother, I know present you with a lambskin or white leather apron. It is an emblem of innocence and the badge of a Mason, more ancient that the Golden Fleece or Roman Eagle and, when worthily worm, more honorable that the Star and Garter. It may be that in the coming years, upon your head will rest the laurel wreath of victory; from your breast may hang jewels fit to grace the diadem of an Eastern potentate. Nay, more than these, with light added to the coming light, your ambitious feet may tread round after round of the ladder that leads to fame in our mystic circle, and even the purple of the fraternity may rest upon your honored shoulders; but never again from mortal hands, never again until your enfranchised spirit shall have passed upwards and inward through the pearly gates, shall any honor so distinguished, so emblematical of purity and all perfections, be conferred upon you as this which I now bestow. It is yours; yours to wear throughout your honorable life, and at your death to be deposited upon the coffin which shall enclose your lifeless remains, and with them laid beneath the clods of the valley. Let its pure and spotless surface be to you and ever-present reminder of a purity of life and rectitude of conduct, a never-ending argument for noble deeds, for higher thoughts, for greater achievements. And when at last your weary feet shall have come to the end of their toilsome journey, and from your grasp shall fall forever the working tools of life, may the record of your life and actions be as white and spotless as the emblem which I place in your hand tonight. May it be your portion to hear from Him who sitteth as the Judge Supreme the welcome words: "Well done, good and faithful servant, enter thou into the joy of thy Lord"

When a new mason is initiated into the lodge, he is given his apron. This is the speech that accompanies it. You don't have to be a mason to understand this, and you don't really need an apron either. You just need to think about it now and then to remind yourself nothing here is forever, but there is more, much more to this than just what we know here and now.

Good luck on your journey brother.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Luv you woodster...

Wish I could spoon you right now...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Look after your health and make the most of your lives while you can, follow your dreams, enjoy your families they will always be there for you and have proved to be the most important thing in my life. and don't let anyone hold you back.

This really speaks to the kind of person you are, giving the rest of us positive, loving advice.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Stay strong don't give up, there is not such thing as an experation date many outlive prognosis, I've appreciated you from the time I've known you.. I am glad you are still here with us..

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I will keep fighting to the bitter end and intend to meet my death in as concious a state as possible. You only get one opportunity to experience it. Whether that will be possible who knows.

Fighting to the bitter end? Like Jonas and his Whale?

To the last I stab at thee… just a thought , everyone has to go, some of us are lucky enough to know it before hand, try to accept the inevitability, embrace it, you have to, everyone dies, nobody gets out of here alive.

You will pass into unconsciousness then wake up dead-- erm, alive. Like being born the first time, most of us aren't aware of what's happening but there are midwives and doctors there during your second birth to make sure everything comes out alright.

The rebirth, born again, dying to the world, passing on to the next phase of life. What are your life lessons for everyone, what did you learn?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hi woody.

I have been reading about you for quite a while and although we've never really 'spoken', I have come to care for/about you. My husband's father died from a brain tumour when hubby was 13. That was 40 years ago, and there was no treatment.

But this is not about us, it is about you.
Please keep reaching out to us, if you need us...or want to talk.
Come to The Shed if you need some love. Someone is usually there 24/7.

I wish I could help...or say something to make you feel better. I wish I could make you soup, and sit with you...make you laugh until you cry.
A lot of us 'strangers' care about you. (didja know that?) We do.

I will give you no advice...only offer loving friendship. If it would help I'll gladly toss some trolls on the sacrificial fire! (though my magic isn't very accurate, it may only lower the troll population a little)
*gentle squishy hug*
jacy

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that you have a tumor spreading. My father died from brain cancer, and my highest risk of cancer is for that type of cancer. It shows up in my genetics I had done. You sound pretty clear minded.

So are you just going to give up? I wouldn't, just because the doctors did doesn't mean you have to. I actually studied that cancer pretty much since it is my highest risk. My fathers was caused by the DDT he spread and the inability to break down the endocrine disruptors like that is in my genetics also.

I know that strawberries slow the growth of Cancer. Also homemade soups made with cartilageous soup bones. Avoiding foods laced with endocrine disrupting chemistry is something you need to do. The cruciferous veggies stop breast cancer and ovarian cancer, but can raise the risk of some other cancers because they can disrupt the endocrine and thyroid systems. This lowers your ability to fight. Cooking them well destroys these properties.

I'd use the opportunity to prove them wrong or die trying. I wouldn't roll over and die. If you accept you are going to die, you are going to die. Some prescription medicines also disrupt the endocrine system and weaken our immune systems ability to fight. Too many antioxidants can make cancer grow faster if you already have cancer too. Our immune system needs energy, energy that the antioxidants take away. So go out and eat your favorite foods, what have you got to lose. The doctors have given up, their system doesn't work. There is no reason you should.

It wasn't a waste of time getting the operations and getting the treatments so far, but since they gave up, try experimenting on yourself. What have you got to lose now. Try the mushroom that grows on dead birch trees. I have a can, costs twenty bucks, I put a little pinch in the coffee maker on top the coffee. It actually makes the coffee taste better, I am thinking of trying tea made from it.

Sorry to be so straight forward, but I sure the hell wouldn't roll over and die just because the doctors couldn't fix something. What have you got to lose, I am telling you to make some soup and eat strawberries and foods that taste good instead of a bunch of veggies. Well, deep fried cauliflower tastes pretty darn good occasionally. You gave them their chance and they couldn't fix it, maybe you can. Giving up never got anyone anywhere.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Come to The Shed if you need some love. Someone is usually there 24/7.

I've heard this mentioned a couple of times here.. what is 'the shed'?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Cheers mate your a good lad down there on the coast. I very nearly moved down to Exeter before things turned to the worst. I've got very good friends down there and my new sister in law is a Devonshire lass. Love it down their on the Jurassic coast. Some great walks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join