It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiquoting/Multireplying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Would it be possible to ever implement such a system? (Or does such a system already exist and I just don't know about it?)

Oftentimes there's a lot of posts I'd like to reply to, and it ends up as either post flooding (which is bad. I feel very awful about double posting, let alone octuple posting) or I have to painstakingly manually get the post ID, write out the "Reply" code, so on and so forth.

Or even just make so hitting "reply" adds the code to the bottom of your current post window.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

You can always run two tabs and cut and paste the 'reply' header from the second tab to mass reply in the first tab.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You have to do it manually.

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Would it be possible to ever implement such a system? (Or does such a system already exist and I just don't know about it?)

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You can always run two tabs and cut and paste the 'reply' header from the second tab to mass reply in the first tab.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, yes, but I'm asking if it can be made so we don't have to do it manually.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Such a system used to exist, but you can imagine how such informationally be's fruitful and multiplies in server space which I presume is not free.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is how I usually do it. It is simple enough, but I have also pondered the feasibility of implementing what Eilasvaleleyn. It always gets on my nerves when someone replies individually to like 4 posts in a row, because well I am a nut! I will even edit my replies to posts after mine into my previous post on the same page.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
You have to do it manually.

That doesn't really work either. Only the first person you're replying to gets notice ... and I assume it's coded to the person's post you clicked on ... not the first reply in-thread.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Good question. I am not good at that.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I thought that was the answer. But it is a little awkward, nonetheless.

I would rather have put both reples to the OP and to ou in one post. But this seems faster. It would look nicer if done in one post.
edit on 1-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I rarely ever do that anyway. I try to respond individually to every reply I get. I feel it makes it more personable.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus: I rarely ever do that anyway. I try to respond individually to every reply I get. I feel it makes it more personable.

I don't know why some find this so difficult; one removes the quote bars in the header and reinserts quoted name; (you owe me at least one apology regarding your nefarious responses to me in the "Ask A Mason Thread" make it personable) while in edit mode one can do many things; not sure one needs another program to accomplish this as seems overly complicated.
edit on 1-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I rarely ever do that anyway. I try to respond individually to every reply I get. I feel it makes it more personable.

How could you become more personable?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

AugustusMasonicus: I rarely ever do that anyway. I try to respond individually to every reply I get. I feel it makes it more personable.

I don't know why some find this so difficult; one removes the quote bars in the header and reinserts quoted name;while in edit mode one can do many things; not sure one needs another program to accomplish this as seems overly complicated.

That sounds REAL easy at 1:12 am after several kahluas & milk. Tks vethumanbeing. I might as well try a rubik's cube now.
edit on 2-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
originally posted by: reldra
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

vhb: I don't know why some find this so difficult; one removes the quote bars in the header and reinserts quoted name; (snip) while in edit mode one can do many things; not sure one needs another program to accomplish this as seems overly complicated.

reldra: That sounds REAL easy at 1:12 am after several kahluas & milk. Tks vethumanbeing. I might as well try a rubik's cube now.

Try it at 1:11 [angel timing]; you are just one minute off the magic moment (nice editing). What would a rubik's cube drink be made of; look like?
edit on 2-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I click reply on ATS then copy the code it gives me and paste it into an empty word or notepad document. Then I type my reply to you. *See next person’s message also*

a reply to: vethumanbeing
*See Reldra’s message for the beginning
Then I go and do the same with the next user I want to respond to.

The only thing to remember is to delete the code that is in the reply box when you copy all of this. This is also great when ATS does it’s never never land joke with your post…

edit on 5/2/2016 by Martin75 because: leaning how to spell

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I click reply on ATS then copy the code it gives me and paste it into an empty word or notepad document. Then I type my reply to you. *See next person’s message also*

a reply to: vethumanbeing
*See Reldra’s message for the beginning
Then I go and do the same with the next user I want to respond to.

The only thing to remember is to delete the code that is in the reply box when you copy all of this. This is also great when ATS does it’s never never land joke with your post.

I am beginning to think it is personal relationship with a 'godforce' one worships, conquers (NO) or has reached an unspoken agreement with that doesn't exist other than virtually but trusted. I cannot comment on ATS's brilliant 'big top tent/center ring'' sense of humor regarding those innocents posting typeface commentary as you are the audience eating the popcorn and peanuts witnessing and participating within a very special event.
edit on 2-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

join