It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Starbucks Lawsuit #RESISTSTARBUCKS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Starbucks is getting sued again, this time for 5 million bucks! With all of the problems in the world, Americans decide to really fight the man by suing everyone if they get bored. We all know that overfilling cups with ice is an act of corporate greed. We also know that that under-filling cups by overfilling cups with foam is an offense so egregious that the company found guilty MUST pay a minimum of $5 million bucks. Just imagine if we spent 10% of our time actually working toward bettering the world, instead of wasting time worrying about bathroom usage and overfilled cups.

nypost.com...
www.tmz.com...
nypost.com...
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

*Sighs* Star Bucks has done far worse like getting coffee that was picked by exploited workers of the Third World.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Do you know what i would have to pay in order for them to get paid more than poverty wages?

The cost of my ice coffee night go up a dollar.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Looks like capitalism is starting to backfire since people are getting smarter thanks to the internet!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yeah it sucks. If we didn't give corrupt governments so much power and money we might have a chance to stop evil like that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Corporatism.

Capitalism is not corporatism

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Yeah we should give more money and more power to the governments of the world, because they care about us and will do good things for us.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Invest in a coffee machine and roll over your savings into your nest egg fund. Not only do you remain completely in control of beverage quality, you don't have to worry about those pesky baristas earning a livable wage.

It's a win-win!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I'm gonna sound like an "old timer" here, but ah well..

So, a pot of coffee costs me $0.30/day.. and I often get TWO CUPS for that cost, as well as the wife, and occasionally one of the kids has a cup too.. $0.30/day, verses $6.75 for some fancy tomfoolery that is loaded down with sugar, and other stuff to taste like something fancy.

I just don't see the point. I'm a black, plain kind'a fellow tho. No frills, just a cup of coffee.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I know it is Tangential but for some reason this topic brought to mind the Dennis Leary Rant about coffee flavored Coffee (not linking the you tube because the language makes NLBS look like fine sunday school programming) ...

Back on topic As for Starbucks getting Sued for being chintzy jerks, Sorry they ask for it what 8.00 a cup now or higher. Of course I am the type that takes a Sonic Rt-44 cup into a 7-11 for a 1.25 refill of yep Coffee Flavored Coffee.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Do you know what i would have to pay in order for them to get paid more than poverty wages?

The cost of my ice coffee night go up a dollar.

Starbucks is one of the good guys with their wages. Barista's typically get a dollar or two above minimum wage plus tips. For an entry level job that's pretty fair, they also like to hire people with less than perfect backgrounds.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The only way I can stand coffee is if they do "all the fancy stuff" with it. My Starbucks at the end of the week while we grocery shop is sort of my survival treat. The two baristas at the grocery store on Sunday mornings are so good they see me coming, have the drink ready to go, and they have to ask is what flavor I want since I do vary that (grande mocha, extra shot, 1 flavor shot). And those ladies behind the counter are all right, too. They've stood me a coffee a time or two in the past when times were tough. I've taken them Christmas cookies and I tip.

But those are mainly my local gals I really like. I'm not going to hurt them.

Starbucks itself? I appreciate that they don't make their drinks taste overly sweet. QuickTrip coffee makes my pancreas want to curl up and die when I add their cocoa to it. I love Caribou though. They also know the value of not making things taste overly sweet.

Yeah, things can be loaded with sugar and not taste overly sweet.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I will take a Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato with Soy. Oh, we are not taking orders? Guess I will have to grab one later. These silly lawsuits in which nobody gains anything but, lawyers.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Oh, yes, I am sorry. I am not a paid shill for Starbucks.

It just happens to annoy me when people target companies for silly things. I disagree with Starbucks in their politics, but so long as they deliver a product I find worth having, they'll get my money (unless they really go beyond the pale). Same with Target. I really disagree with their bathroom policy, but they have the family bathroom, and that's what I will be using there from now on ... unless everyone else has the same idea.
edit on 1-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This is the evolution of "The Cup" First it was sued because it was too hot, now it is filled with cancer causing styrofoam or ice, the complete opposite...

Pretty soon it'll be "Can the Can" or "Ban the Can"..

Long Live the bottle..

* This message provided and paid for by The Bottlers Association of the Tri-Valley Area..

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Starbucks coffee taste literally like nutty burnt liquid poop...to me.

That is all.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I never know what to order at those places.

I order...

Coffee, black

They always just stare at me for a second

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

appologies - but i am incined to call poes law on this idiocy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well thanks, that's the best compliment I have gotten all day!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I never know what to order at those places.

I order...

Coffee, black

They always just stare at me for a second

Now there is a coffee style I can agree with.

Excellent!

top topics

join