It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Roswell/Brazel/Marcel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So im watching a documentary on Roswell and it goes like this :

Brazel finds debris with weird properties
Brazel shows neighbour
Neighbour tells him it probably from a flying saucer
Brazel takes weird material to sheriff
Sheriff calls RAAF
RAAF sends Jesse Marcel to debris field
Marcel brings back debris
Col. Blanchard orders public information officer Lt. Hault to issue a press release that they had in their possession a flying saucer 

Im highly confused about that last part. Why would they think the debris was from a flying saucer ?

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LinkZelda

Because that's roughly what it looked like and it was the closest descriptive term they could come up with at that time.

I corresponded with Marcel Jr in his later years. He was emphatic about what his dad showed him and told him.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
as much as i would love it to be true i,m not convinced,it may not be a weather balloon as everyone was told at the time but i would put a bet on it wasn,t anything to do with ET either.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Having studied the topic since 1962 . . .

I'm incredulous at how skeptical so many folks still are about Roswell.

I certainly consider the purported ET's to be fallen angels. However, I do acknowledge that they exist.

I think the best experts on them are:

--Tom Horn & Cris Putnam (their website, SkyTV, maybe some youtube & their EXO-VATICANA bk)
--L.A. Marzulli (youtube)
--Chuck Missler (youtube)
--Jacques Vallee (Amazon.com)
--Guy Malone ( www.alienresistance.org... )

I'm fairly convinced that there were critters in the Roswell crashES. There was more than one crash. Also the one at Aztec involved critters--all of those dead.

I'm also a bit concerned for the hyper "true unbeliever" dyed-in-the-wool--religion of scientism dogmatic skeptics.

What's going to happen to their psyche's when such stuff starts falling out of the skies onto THEIR nightly news channels; their neighborhoods etc?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Following this story, as new people came and went,
starting way back in the 1980's (yes I'm old)
There have been many charlatans and some very solid truths.
Ones that have stood the test of time.

I take in all stories crazy and believable
and purge what's questionable . Even with the bath water
I'm more convinced than ever that Roswell was a downed
ET craft with Extrabiological Entities on board.
edit on 30-4-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: better English

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Short answer...

Because they were..
edit on 4/30/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Because that's roughly what it looked like

really ? He described the debris as a small beam with some sort of purple-hued hieroglyphics on it and lots of aluminium foil like material that would straighten out and could not be scratched. It is strange but theres nothig about that description that makes me think downed ufo.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That wasn't the sum total of the description.

There's lots of narratives around.

Read the better ones. Distill the info down to the basics.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Roswell, I have read through it so many times, I usually come out with it was ours with dummies, but some of the people we interviewed on ATS Live radio (like Stanton Friedman) send me back to the beginning to start researching it all again

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As with Bo Xian, I have an interest in this. 21 years ago, my Darlin' and me met with the Brazel family. Mac's daughter, Betty was not present. We'd called ahead prior to our moving across the U.S. to carry our stuff to Tampa and then to the Cayman Islands, where we now live. Vernon was just a wee lad when the event happened, but he had sharp memories of the time. He recalled the malleable metal most of all. I'm not sure if he saw the craft.

What I am writing is, of course, anecdotal information and provides no proof of anything.

We were surely glad we'd elected to deviate from out cross-country course to talk with them. I believe them. I believe Major Marcel. With his background in Intelligence and conventional aircraft, he was certainly versed in terrestrial craft. What he found was not of this Earth.

ET's travel light years to get here and then crash? How could that be possible? I don't know the answers to that question. I only know that I believe the Brazel family was coerced into changing their account of the incident or face imprisonment or worse.

That is all I have to declare.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

PLEASE write up a thread on that meeting!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The physical properties of the debris had no reference to any known man made materials. So it's probably why Brazel's neighbor said it came from a UFO. It doesn't mean he knew it was from a UFO, he just probably used that description to help explain the weird properties of the material.

If you think about it, if something crashed and left debris that had weird properties, I think a lot of people after examining it would probably say the same thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They didn't want attention. We had called prior to driving down there. The family was willing to talk in person. I have to respect that. This is not me vying for attention. In fact, I thought about not posting here at all. What good could come of it? So, I won't be doing a thread on it, because I think while the family didn't mind talking, they also didn't court attention. I don't think they'd mind my post here, or I wouldn't have made it.

Cheers zazz!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The original military press release called it a saucer, as well, IIRC.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Sorry, but the dummies story was patently wrong, crazy, out of time-sync from the git-go.

Said dummies were not created/used in such purported testing until YEARS AFTER Roswell.

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Except . . . that I agree with

--Dr Jacques Vallee
--Dr Chuck Missler
--Tom Horn & Cris Putnam
--L.A. Marzulli
--J Allen Hynek
--Guy Malone

--they do NOT come from light years away . . . but from a "spiritual DIMENSION."

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah, as another long-time armchair researcher of the odd who's looked into it since the late 70's, I'm pretty darned sure *something* crashed (or was found) at Roswell ... and that whatever it was was unidentifiable (to most, anyway).

The rest is up for grabs...

well, other than UFOs definitely being seen, a small % of them being truly anomalous and other "true" weirdness happening upon occasion, that is.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
--they do NOT come from light years away . . . but from a "spiritual DIMENSION."

Except, apparently, their metal, which is very much physical...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I was wondering when someone was going to stir up the Roswell pot again.

Part of understanding the incident is putting yourself in the mindset of July 1947 and not of today. Two different times and two different mentalities. WWII had ended and there was still paranoia. "Flying saucer" was a new term with Kenneth Arnold's story coming out only 10 days earlier peeking UFO interest. Newspapers had rewards for the recovery of a flying saucer. The Government/military had done no deep research into the subject. It was still unknown by both the public and government and flying saucer/disc could have as easily been part of a secret spy program of another country. Don't confuse what we think now with 1947.

Mac Brazel, being the first witness, described the debris in a newspaper article a day after the story:

Brazel related that on June 14 he and an 8-year old son, Vernon, were about 7 or 8 miles from the ranch house of the J. B. Foster ranch, which he operates, when they came upon a large area of bright wreckage made up on rubber strips, tinfoil, a rather tough paper and sticks.

The next day he first heard about the flying disks, and he wondered if what he had found might be the remnants of one of these.

...but he thought it might have been about as large as a table top. The balloon which held it up, if that was how it worked, must have been about 12 feet long, he felt, measuring the distance by the size of the room in which he sat. The rubber was smoky gray in color and scattered over an area about 200 yards in diameter.

When the debris was gathered up the tinfoil, paper, tape, and sticks made a bundle about three feet long and 7 or 8 inches thick, while the rubber made a bundle about 18 or 20 inches long and about 8 inches thick. In all, he estimated, the entire lot would have weighed maybe five pounds.

There was no sign of any metal in the area which might have been used for an engine and no sign of any propellers of any kind, although at least one paper fin had been glued onto some of the tinfoil.

There were no words to be found anywhere on the instrument, although there were letters on some of the parts. Considerable scotch tape and some tape with flowers printed upon it had been used in the construction.

Brazel said that he had previously found two weather observation balloons on the ranch, but that what he found this time did not in any way resemble either of these.

"I am sure that what I found was not any weather observation balloon," he said. "But if I find anything else besides a bomb they are going to have a hard time getting me to say anything about it."

The first witness account mentions rubber strips, tinfoil with a tough backing, and sticks. He specifically says no metal was found and doesn't mention any special properties. Here is a firsthand fresh account and description within a month or so of finding the debris and not some story recalled 30+ years later. It's odd Brazel picks up and handles the material gathering from the ground, putting it into a bunch, tries to reconstruct a kite and so forth and doesn't notice or mention these astounding "memory metal" properties we were told over 30 years later.

He also says what he found did not resemble the two previous weather balloons he found. What he found wasn't a weather balloon, but instead a project designed to listen for Soviet nuclear testing using the same time-tested weather balloon method only with strengthened materials because of time and height required.

Typical Weather Balloon:
- Single balloon.
- 1 radar target for tracking made up of foil and small sticks.
- Parachute.
- Measuring device.
- Reaches 25 mile altitude where it would normally burst.

Mogul Project:
- Multiple balloons (3+) for sustained constant-leveled heights for longer periods.
- Multiple radar targets (3+) strengthened with coated small sticks, heavy paper-backed foil, and reinforcing tape.
- Radiosonde transmitters attached and used after radar targets poor performance of the first 2 experimental launches in Alamogordo.

A balloon launch site 80 miles southwest of Roswell, launches made in June/July 1947, other balloons carried and land in the area of Roswell, balloon targets made of foil and small sticks. It would have to be an astronomical coincidence to have all of these factors in common with the Roswell alien spacecraft crash.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Who said tangible objects cannot come from a (primarily) spiritual dimension?

The fallen angels got in trouble with God around Enoch and Noah's time for giving war making technologies to man.

They have been at it again in our era.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join