It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drafting women? The situation just got serious.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

I don't think anyone should be drafted, ever, or that women belong anywhere near combat, so the whole thing stinks, as far as I am concerned.

If they didn't keep cutting benefits, and offered decent pay, we'd have plenty willing to serve.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

That's easy, think in terms of depopulation agenda, The military are good at making the death rate increase, They can also give people injections without their consent and there's nothing the victim can do about it.

Drafting females into the military provides a larger population of more credible sample size for more conclusive and scientifically acceptable medical trails of various, long acting; life ending, brain control or child bearing ending vaccines and other weaponised medicines, to be trialed and perfected.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

You should write episodes.

You're episodic.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I dont really see why the USA would need to worry about this, nothing big is going down at the moment.. Yes of course we all have ISIS but im quite confident in saying i dont actually think they are a threat. Personally i think they are one of our government's MSM Mass scare tatics.

regularrightguy.wordpress.com...

But i understand all the equallity thing, But what about the kids ect ..

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

That's easy, think in terms of depopulation agenda, The military are good at making the death rate increase, They can also give people injections without their consent and there's nothing the victim can do about it.

Drafting females into the military provides a larger population of more credible sample size for more conclusive and scientifically acceptable medical trails of various, long acting; life ending, brain control or child bearing ending vaccines and other weaponised medicines, to be trialed and perfected.

This makes as much sense as anything really. It very well might be just another form of control disguised as "equal rights". It doesn't really make sense this would be being done to ramp up the fighting force, and would most likely weaken them. It makes more sense that having access to more women "test subjects" might be the desired goal.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: Azureblue

You should write episodes.

You're episodic.

Apologies, but despite looking up the meaning of episodic, your point still went over my head. However after rereading my post I can see reference to the milittree making the death rate go up could be seen as un related to what I said after that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am taller, stronger, fast, and a better shot than my wife is. On top of that, I speak 2.5 languages. My wife has less of a chance surviving in a battle field than I do. I think she would agree with me that we are not equal.

Do you tell her to get her ass in the kitchen and bring you your sandwiches?

Military service just doesn't include ground combat roles.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
women should have to go through the same training as men. if you think not then dont talk to me about equal rights.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It will be until women start getting papers sent to these, ''women should have the same rights as men!'' women and it says. ''Your going to war, or going to training for such''. You will start getting women turning around and saying, 'nope its ok, men can be men again, we will not make a fuss!'

edit on 30-4-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

While I don't see any kind of draft happening for a while, all I can say is: It's about time. Back when I had to register they had to explain to me how it was my "duty" as a man to protect the country. You should have saw the look when I said that there were women in this country that would jump at a chance to defend us (of course, my rationality at the time was if more people were in the draft pool, then there was a lesser chance I would be selected).

I'm friends with two young ladies that are already planning on some branch of the armed services - both of them could kick a boxer's butt before they knew what was going on. They're going to be amazing.

On the side - I asked the very same question about using robotics/drones for our benefit in war to a retired vet in my class along time ago. He said the reason they don't use robots or advanced weaponry is because right now a human soldier can detect an enemy better on the ground than from a drone, and can make better calculated decisions on the ground as opposed to the air.

-fossilera

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: ImaFungi

As well as the transgender movement. Perhaps this is a strategy to avoid the transgender question of whether or not a born female turned male has to register. And the other way around... it would prevent a born male from claiming he is a female in order to avoid registering. It sort of paints the "sex and gender" movement into a corner as it relates to the attempted pacification of a population...

Late to the party but:

Selective Service and Transgender People

FOR FEMALE TO MALE (FTM) INDIVIDUALS

People who were assigned female at birth are not required to register with the Selective Service regardless of their current gender or transition status.

FOR MALE TO FEMALE (MTF) INDIVIDUALS

People who were assigned male at birth are required to register with the Selective Service within thirty days of their eighteenth birthday. This includes those who may have transitioned before or since then. The Selective Service uses Social Security and other databases to determine who they believe was assigned male at birth.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: introvert

Its not right. My wife should not have to worry about being drafted. That is my responsibility.

What makes you more capable of serving in a draft than she is?

I disagree with a draft period, however it's equal opportunity so I agree with the law.

Egalitarianism has it's downfalls but necessary, none the less.

~Tenth

We all have equal value, but we are not all equal. That's a truth that nobody can escape no matter how badly they want to. Egalitarianism is deeply flawed, and it should have little influence over this issue. Women shouldn't be forced into it. Like introvert said, "that is my responsibility". My wife has hers, and I have mine. If I get drafted, then she maintains everything we have here.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966
Yup, it's what Introvert said: trying to be politically correct and get 'sexism' out of the selective service.

I don't see any sort of draft, females included or not, anytime soon.

Wars really aren't fought on the ground too much anymore.

Agreed! If there was ever a draft it would be a post-nuclear war draft.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Experts have said that if the government was going to draft people ever again, they would have to include women this time. It got put on the back burner because the draft hasn't been needed. So this could be a sign that the government is planning on drafting again sometime in the near future.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The draft is a relic of another era. It's biggest enemy is the Pentagon. They see it as a waste of time and money. Their is no threat in the world today that would require it and military does not want conscripts. It is now simply a political tool used by Congress. Add women or don't it is just a political game played with a relic of obsolete warfare.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I thought women were equal to men? Men get drafted right? Do you wanna be equal and drafted or stfu and wash the dishes. Either way I don't care

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am a female. I served in the Army. I had a hard time keeping up with the men when it came to physical endurance and abilities. If I could do it over I would never join the service. I was inured many times and the atmosphere, depending on where you are stationed is very misogynistic. Women in my opinion should have a right to join infantry (for example) IF they ARE capable and keep the pace with the male gender. Can women be supportive? Yes, especially if it came down to home base ops. I am NOT feminist at all. I think that each gender has special qualities that complement each other, as needed. BUT women do want to be treated as equals when it comes to things such as PAY, chores, and certain responsibilities, especially if women are expected to be involved in the work force just to survive and raise a family. I am 100% against the draft for women. If men want to play war, it should be men who participate in the war.....just my opinion. I am sure there are many men and women who disagree with me and that is fine...But like I said, I am a veteran so I think my opinion does matter.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I do not understand why this isn't a bigger story

“While you could be offering this as a gotcha amendment, I would suggest that there’s great merit in recognizing that each of us have an obligation to be willing to serve our country in time of war,” she said.

Obligation and willing being two words that belong together in the same sentence when talking about conscription
edit on 5/3/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join