It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drafting women? The situation just got serious.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

You may have a point there. I know before they changed the law, many men rushed into marriage to avoid being drafted and going to Vietnam. I believe they corrected that out back in 1965, but I imagine the same mindset would or could encourage young men to seek out such a loophole of gender change in today's too pc world.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Your fears reservations are unfounded.

The military still has minimum requirements that must be met for any occupational specialty.

Ex. A 4' 10" 80lb woman who is 35 years old is not going to just be thrown into an infantry company in the middle of a battle field.

Use some common sense for crying out loud.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: introvert

Its not right. My wife should not have to worry about being drafted. That is my responsibility.

I don't think it's right either, but it is the natural consequence of allowing women into front line combat roles.

I just hope they stop the madness soon. The military was not supposed to be a social experiment.

Women can fight just fine, but I think they do best in support capacity. Plenty of potential action there.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Drafting women? The situation just got serious.

Welcome to the world of equal rights.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Welcome to the world of getting early wed and starting those families young to avoid the draft! I doubt they'd take both parents from a baby. That or we'll see a spike in single parenthood.
edit on 28-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Have you read any John Rawls?

He has an idea he expresses as the veil of ignorance. It's a thought experiment that if you had to structure a society without any knowledge of where your place in it would be you would want the same opportunity and rights as a lower class as a higher class.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

"As John Rawls put it, "no one knows his place in society, his class position or social status; nor does he know his fortune in the distribution of natural assets and abilities, his intelligence and strength, and the like."[1] "

Thus the idea of an equal society.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
so you're telling me a republican wins in november ?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I would say that every household should have an appointed dominant authority figure determined at marriage. In my house, that is me. If other people want to put their wife in charge, thats their choice.

I would say that women should not serve in the military for obvious physical reason.

Home owning citizens should be the only ones to vote. That would exclude me since I rent.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I would say that every household should have an appointed dominant authority figure determined at marriage. In my house, that is me. If other people want to put their wife in charge, thats their choice.

I would say that women should not serve in the military for obvious physical reason.

Home owning citizens should be the only ones to vote. That would exclude me since I rent.

No, I think people with income tax liability would do, but I think we could amend the tax code to expand that definition to include a lot of people, meaning we could make it possible for a lot of people to pay taxes and know they pay.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well, we definitely disagree. Living in that alternate reality would be sad at best, and I'm a home owner.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If you want equality, sell everything you have and move to Cuba.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think the voting pool needs to be made much smaller. There are too many ignorant and irresponsible voters.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I live in Canada, and I'm hopeful about the direction my country has moved towards equality.

If you want to be a household master, move to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
No clearer example can ever be made of "be careful what you ask for".

The army worked. We won wars. Men and women had roles.

Women demanded positions in Combat Support. We lowered standards across the boards to allow women to attend and pass schools intended for Combat Arms soldiers. The military declined.

Women demanded positions in Combat Arms. We lowered standards in the highest level schools to allow women to attend and pass. The military declined.

Now everyone is equal and all roles are open to both sexes. The standards are so low that high school drop outs can pass the Q-course and kids that couldn't pass the PT test 15 years ago can now pass Air Assault.

The best and brightest saw the writing on the wall and went to work for Comanche, Academi, Triple Canopy or a handful or other PCM's.

What you have left is a country that knows the current generation is unable/unwilling to fight and win a war. The solution is to double the number of potential recruits. All in the name of equality.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well speaking of equality, how about women are on the draft when men can do an equal share of carrying, and giving birth to children...hmm...yep only fair I guess...

NOT but funny though

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am taller, stronger, fast, and a better shot than my wife is. On top of that, I speak 2.5 languages. My wife has less of a chance surviving in a battle field than I do. I think she would agree with me that we are not equal.

Maybe not in learned skill you aren't. But let's pretend you aren't at all trained.

Let's pretend you are just a dude who works at walmart.

Would you feel differently?

I agree with you in this instance. I just mean regular people.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: maryjo44

You are right.

Women are "baby makers" and shouldn't be anywhere near military service.

Voluntary or otherwise.

Right?

Shuffle them off to the existence of Axlotl tanks until the next time you need them to scream "equal rights" or "everyone's equal" I guess.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think the bigger issue is WHY do they want to add more people to the draft? Isn't the draft a last resort measure at this point? Are they planning something?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
No clearer example can ever be made of "be careful what you ask for".

The army worked. We won wars. Men and women had roles.

Women demanded positions in Combat Support. We lowered standards across the boards to allow women to attend and pass schools intended for Combat Arms soldiers. The military declined.

Women demanded positions in Combat Arms. We lowered standards in the highest level schools to allow women to attend and pass. The military declined.

Now everyone is equal and all roles are open to both sexes. The standards are so low that high school drop outs can pass the Q-course and kids that couldn't pass the PT test 15 years ago can now pass Air Assault.

The best and brightest saw the writing on the wall and went to work for Comanche, Academi, Triple Canopy or a handful or other PCM's.

What you have left is a country that knows the current generation is unable/unwilling to fight and win a war. The solution is to double the number of potential recruits. All in the name of equality.

US only won the wars because the dumb European armies constantly try and invade Russia. Britain could've came back and taken over US if Napolean wasn't there. Anyways US always comes when majority of the countries lost most of their troops. It won't be like that anymore. Everyone knows US is the bad guy this time. So good luck. The French will not save your butts the third time.
edit on 28-4-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If they tried a draft in the modern age for anything other than a homeland invasion, nobody would show up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join