It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump(I) Vs Cruz(R) Vs Hilary(D) Vs Sanders(I) For president 2016.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Since both Trump and Sanders ran on major party tickets, there are laws preventing them from running third party if they don't get the party nomination in a good number of states. The only way such a thing would happen then is if they tried to do a strict write-in campaign.

In most places, registration for both primary and general is on the same date.

I had to re-register under a new user name to post this, as I forgot my old one, and for some reason, couldn't find a "forgot username" option for account recovery. Usability issues aside, let me say that the reason I went through that trouble is to say this...

On this website, which I find to be a wonderful repository of free thinkers, I am often appalled at the ignorance that is displayed by many about the subject within which they are posting. So many posters and threads have been about potential third party runs by the ousted candidates, and this is a possibility that is simply an impossibility; for exactly the above listed reasons. It has been stated, and stated, and ignored. It is not only unlikely but illegal for Trump or Sanders to do what so many have been suggesting. Short of everyone getting a case of shared mass hysteria, there is a snowflake's chance of a write-in candidate getting any traction.

All of these people saying that X or Y should run third party, I have news for you, and that is that your ship has sailed if your candidate does not get the nomination. It cannot legally be permitted to run under one party, and then change to (I) because of butthurtness; and for good reason if one considers it. If your candidate doesn't get the nom in the primary, whoever they may be, the best way to use your vote as your tiny little mouthpiece in this farce is to vote in your upcoming local elections, where the real effects of government are more readily felt, and influenced. The curtain has been pulled, you may not like what you see, but turning away from the facts of the American election process will do you no good.

Cheers and good vibes to all of us ATS'ers, we are all supposed to be of like minds here, let's remember that to disagree is not a terrible thing, the terror comes in how one handles said disagreement. Don't be a Ted Cruz and cockblock our attempts at civil discourse, perhaps seeing an opinion you don't like or agree with can further your own understanding of things. Like ridiculous dreams of third party runs causing Ketsuko to have to "re-educate" some on how exactly our election process works.
edit on 25-4-2016 by Synesthesiac because: I'm my own grammar nazi

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We know from national polling that Trump does the worst against Sanders or Clinton. He gets killed. Cruz does only slightly better. Neither of them have any support to speak from the independents and Democrats. So they would both be out of it and what we would really have is Clinton vs Sanders again. You would end up with nobody getting the number needed and the electors getting to chose the candidate. Likely you would have a Clinton Sanders ticket made in a deal. So pretty much your getting Clinton one way or the other. And frankly the only way she had a chance to win this thing was for the GOP to end up with two candidates that most of America can not stomach. She has to be thanking her lucky stars every day for Trump and Cruz.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Clinton is disliked

But the GOP is on the verge of nominating the only person that has a higher unfavorability rating than her

LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Not every minority will vote for Hillary, I know that might come as a shock to you. I'm a Latino and sure as hell wouldn't vote for her.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I called this awhile back!

Prediction we will have 4 parties to choose from Sanders, Trump, DNC, and GOP

It has been interesting watching it progress and I honestly see it happening if the Republicans pick Cruz over Trump, it would open the door for Trump to run, there is no way he will not and then Sanders can comfortably do the same without the Media rabidly going after him.

The 4 party scenario is the only way we do not end up with 4 more years of the Clintons!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join