It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real job of the president?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So today I'm wondering what is the president really suppose to be doing?

I realized I didn't even know what's he suppose to be doing. In my mind he should be telling the American people what he sees happening in congress and helping us understand what's going on in politics so we can make clearer choices when voting in new senators and congressman.

From googling "what's the presidents job"

Chief Executive: The President is considered the country's chief executive. He develops federal policies, prepares national budgets, enforces federal laws, and appoints federal officials. Commander in Chief: The President is the commander of the armed services.

So in my experience a CEO should have the ability to clearly communicate direction and what's happening with the company to everyone as a mptivational tool to get people interested in what's going on.

Obama doesn't do that he just gets in front of the TV and makes excuses for failures.

Anyway my original question stands...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The job of the executive branch is to make sure laws are being enforced. The president should also be able to lead and inspire. Neither of which are being accomplished right now, I understand your confusion

edit on 25-4-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
To get yelled at and hated on by half the country.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Does this also apply to Bush?

Or is dragging him into things only selective?
edit on 25-4-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

whatever the shareholders tell him ?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
His real job is to deflect attention from the real powers behind the scenes.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

whatever the shareholders tell him ?

I didn't realize we were supposed to answer this question honestly. A+

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: C8H10N4O2

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Does this also apply to Bush?

Or is dragging him into things only selective?

I'd say it applies to anyone who has the title "President of the United States" in front of their name.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Target practice lol!!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
To bend us over and.... You can figure out the rest!

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To be the puppet, mouth piece and public scape goat of the bankers, MIC and other special interest group.

Every banker, Oil Tycoon, Military contractor, arms dealer and other bilderbergers want you curseing there pet puppet because it means your not looking at them.

And if a puppet get out of line? BANG they get JFK'd

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The Oath of Office:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Huh.... imagine that.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To veto Bulls*** coming out of the house and senate.

Sign and approve bills that support and are approved by the people.

He's one tier of the checks and balance system.

Nowadays its the office of game show host, master of ceremonies, presider , puppet, minion, maintaining the status quo.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

no i can not imagine that

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The job of the President is to be the head puppet of the hidden hand that extorts as much as wealth as it can from the American public.
The President also signs off on foreign drone wars to enrich the morally depraved corporate elite and bankers and pretends it's in the interest of the American people.He serves a Globalist agenda of the ending of national sovereignty by having open borders and blames anyone who wants a front door on their house a racist.

Also a closet anti Christian Muslim that has crucifixes covered up at Churches he attends,goes to gay Chicago bath houses and is a smooth talking snake tongued Devil of the highest order.

But that's just one President,they have been Globalist agenda serving anti human servants of one of the most depraved murderous bunch of scum that ever existed for some time,not to specifically point out an American president but then you have the horror show of Merkel and the lesser likes of Cameron frothing at the mouth to send planes into Syria under false pretenses just to look like he has his big boy pants on but still serving the same hidden hand.

All the same they be these so called leaders of state,they serve an agenda hidden from the public eye.
Everything they say is an inversion of what they intend to do and that is to consolidate power into as few hands as possible.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To dick about for 4-8 years making speeches and talking to other Presidents.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
To dick about for 4-8 years making speeches and talking to other Presidents.

That does seem to match what has happened with the last couple of office holders.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
His real job is to deflect attention from the real powers behind the scenes.

Do you mean "The curtain"? HEEE!

I swear. Sometimes I think we all do live in OZ.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To do one the most complex stressful jobs imaginable, working hours that age you massively, making decisions that have variables at local, state, national and global levels that require a near impossible balancing act, trying to satisfy a nation that only understands sound bites and has the attention span of 2 seconds, dealing with the trade, military and political machinations of hundreds of other nations, trying to keep your political party on tract and the opposing political party from blocking everything and putting the nation at a stand still, being called lazy, stupid, and whatever other insult you can think of by people who are utterly clueless about how anything in the worlds works and still trying to do some good for the nation. And then when you have day off or a vacation (that means a 6 to 8 hour work day) the opposing political party declares that you do nothing.

The only way you know if you managed to do any good is took look at the nation at the end and see how it compared to when you started. If your Obama you see more jobs, more healthcare and no more bodies of US troops pouring in weekly. All things considered you end up ranked somewhere in the middle of US Presidents. With politics being what it is today you can not expect much more. The real test will be for the next President who will be a Democrat with DNC controlled Senate, likely a DNC controlled house and a Republican Party in ruins.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think their only job is to read the speeches that are given to them. They are probably trained for years prior to becoming the president.
edit on 25-4-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join