It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Obituary section... thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

It's a really good idea.
From time to time, unfortunately, someone will hear of a death from a member here and it would be both respectful and thoughtful to have a space where that loss could be remembered.
There are real people behind each avatar...and they matter.

B x

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I like this idea.

I think it's a very sensible thing to do, as it honour ATSers who passed away.

It would also help other ATSers avoid waiting in vain for replies from a member who isn't anymore.

I'm pretty sure ATS retires names of people that have died. I think. I remember trying to use the name "shark" and something came up saying that the name is held in memory....might have been a different forum, but I don't go on any others....unless I'm thinking waaaay back to mIRC. (I'm old, I know).

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
You won't know when I die.I prefer to remain anonymous.

This is a legitimate question. After the Earthquake in Japan 4 or so years ago some were asking what happened to such and such, in that area. I wonder where some contributors have gone. One would think anyone that was a friend or a PM buddy would know. "Rumors of my death have been highly exaggerated".

edit on 22-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

...but if there was a well-known area and a method for a family member etc. to post a notification it may inspire more. Plus, it would show new members just how unique ATS actually is...from its content, to the members that provide it on each post... even the ones no longer with us.
edit on 4/22/2016 by UberL33t because: typos

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Maybe adding a graphical map to an existing forum plan. Or just the image map page where one can click the names and or avatar of the member as a thumbnail. Adding that in because it may be easier to navigate for some.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I already told one of my best friends who is also a member of the site that if anything ever happens to me, to let the ATS community know. Not everyone would care, but I know of many who would.

I think everyone that cares to, should alert a friend or family member that in case they pass away, to come here and let us all know, because we're like one big family and we care.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

EXACTLY... what I was trying to convey. I should have messaged you Night Star and had you write the OP lol

edit on 4/23/2016 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sounds good but not sure if it's necessary.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AsianStellar
Sounds good but not sure if it's necessary.

...because?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join