It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports that China has tested new ballistic missile with nuclear capability

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
full article

China has allegedly tested a weapon of mass destruction weapon capable of hitting London and other major European or American cities in just 30 minutes.

The People's Republic reportedly fired a nuke called the Dongfeng-41, which has the longest range of any missile in the world.

It can carry up to 10 warheads over a distance of roughly 7,450 miles in just half an hour before hitting several targets at once.

This would mean Beijing could destroy the whole of London - which is slightly more than 5,000 miles from the Chinese capital - or wipe out any city in the West

From what I can gather they haven't tested any kind of warhead but just the delivery system. Itself. This could cause a few headaches if North Korea gets its hands on these.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Our ICBM's will reach the other side of the world in 30 minutes also. I would be willing to bet that we have a few nukes attached to satellites which could do it even quicker.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Our ICBM's will reach the other side of the world in 30 minutes also. I would be willing to bet that we have a few nukes attached to satellites which could do it even quicker.

iTruthSeeker

No doubt this is just China making a statement. Hopefully they don't give their strange little neighbour the same opportunity.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

iTruthSeeker

No doubt this is just China making a statement. Hopefully they don't give their strange little neighbour the same opportunity.

Yea I agree that this is still big news. Heck I thought China already had this intercontinental capability.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 21-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

iTruthSeeker

Yea I agree that this is still big news. Heck I thought China already had this intercontinental ability.

iTruthSeeker

That's what I thought. I'm quite sure I've actually read the name of the weapon system elsewhere before now. It's maybe a case of 'check out my new toy it's even bigger and faster now'
edit on 59101642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Even though they've never nuked anyone (unlike the US) you call their 'armaments' "WMD", with its negative connotations in the media…

This could cause a few headaches if North Korea gets its hands on these

As if their right to self defense is less than anyone else's. Seeing how the US military occupies half their homeland, the only thing that still gives the US pause is Korean 'nukes'.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Meh so?

China have had nukes for aaaaaaggggggggessssss and ICBM just as long.

China have proven to be responsible with them and abide by all the correct treatys.

If we bitch about china then we are hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This won't be considered to be that much of a threat considering China already has a nuclear capability and we're at a balanced stalemate with them - just as we are with Russia etc.

The only reason Iran and NK are treated differently is because of the following:

1. We do not need any more nations to be nuclear armed. We are attempting to roll back existing nuclear capabilities as it is and allowing any more nations to be armed in this way is a massive step backwards.

2. Both Iran and NK have expressed fanatical desire to cause Nuclear Armageddon. NK especially has displayed an insane level of utter delusion in their quest for nuclear weapons and their intentions once they have the capability.

We do not need to worry about NK getting any nuclear weapons from China. It has already made clear that it is on the side of the international community when it comes to their former ally. They are not interested in defending NK in its ridiculous desire to become a nuclear threat to the world and when the time comes China will either keep out of it or be actively involved in the military action against NK.

Make no mistake about it, the US, China and South Korea (and presumably Japan) are in talks to formulate the safest method of taking this threat out. They will be currently looking at military options to isolate the country and prevent a mass migration from NK to China, while formulating a plan to make the threat to SK from NK during an assault as minimal as possible. This will likely mean the Chinese building up defences on their border, followed by the placement of weapons systems to defend SK from assault, while also likely evacuating targeted areas - then we'll be launching a targeted attack on NK installations and leadership throughout the country.

We are not going to war with China, and probably not with Russia either. We will, however, be going to war with NK before the summer of 2017 - in my opinion probably before the end of 2016. We have no choice but to do this, Kim has left the international community and all of its direct neighbours with absolutely no other option than to remove this threat.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Even though they've never nuked anyone (unlike the US) you call their 'armaments' "WMD", with its negative connotations in the media…

This could cause a few headaches if North Korea gets its hands on these

As if their right to self defense is less than anyone else's. Seeing how the US military occupies half their homeland, the only thing that still gives the US pause is Korean 'nukes'.

It doesn't matter what name or flag is painted on the side, if these things are going up in the sky it's bad news. You do make a valid point o agree actually but it still isn't a comfortable thought having someone who is clearly mentally unstable having that sort of power at his fingertips.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Na,I don't think North Korea could gets its hands on it but then again who am I to assume

Nevertheless, its quite interesting to see how the western media/ people are reacting to it

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

iTruthSeeker

Yea I agree that this is still big news. Heck I thought China already had this intercontinental ability.

iTruthSeeker

That's what I thought. I'm quite sure I've actually read the name of the weapon system elsewhere before now. It's maybe a case of 'check out my new toy it's even bigger and faster now'

Yea maybe. All it takes is being able to get a missile into low Earth orbit, which if they can get to space they should be able to do this. I really don't care that they have this capability in ways. I mean if we are allowed, why not them too? It would be nice if no-one had them but this is the reality we live in. Hopefully these stories of Aliens shutting down missile silos is true, so that if it came to nuclear war it could be prevented.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

…having someone who is clearly mentally unstable having that sort of power at his fingertips.

Just my opinion, anyone who constructs such things is mentally unstable.

edit on 21-4-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would be all for nuclear war if it only involved world 'leaders' and politicians. Unfortunately most of these people are egotistical fools who drag the rest of us along on their power trips.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This test wasn't a test of the DF-41.

It was a test of a new launch platform.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I know you deliberately look for the opportunity to claim the US and the EVIL WEST are at fault all the time for everything, and I know you would probably cut off your own head if the US government told you not to, but you are actually ridiculous in this statement.

NK has repeatedly threatened its neighbours with all-out war, and threatened the US with nuclear Armageddon. This has NOTHING TO DO with self defence.

And the only thing that gives the US pause is the fact that NK currently has a whole arsenal of guns aimed at Seoul, and up until now China has been sitting on the fence about what the world should do with this problem.

Unfortunately, little fat Kimmy has become such a lunatic that even SK is probably willing to suffer an assault and the casualties that would inevitably come with it during a confrontation if it means ending this and preventing that little psycho from gaining full nuclear weapons capability.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

iTruthSeeker

Really? What a bout space pirates. They could get their hands on it! Cool concept! (not promoting violence or death in any way, just to clarify)
edit on 21-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

…having someone who is clearly mentally unstable having that sort of power at his fingertips.

Just my opinion, anyone who constructs such things is mentally unstable.

Well if it weren't for the mentally unstable as you call it, we would not have nuclear energy, nuclear subs, and every other technology that evolves from it. Every big invention can be used for bad as well as good.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Why do you hate America... You are trying to be so PC only hurt America's image..

What in the hell do you call a nuclear warhead? Its a damn missle for crying out loud.

Who cares if the US is the only country to use them on another. But let's add the full context to your statement, TO SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES. that's why they were used.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Why do you hate America... You are trying to be so PC only hurt America's image..

What in the hell do you call a nuclear warhead? Its a damn missle for crying out loud.

Who cares if the US is the only country to use them on another. But let's add the full context to your statement, TO SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES. that's why they were used.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I know you deliberately look for the opportunity to claim the US and the EVIL WEST are at fault all the time for everything,

Who invented the bomb again, used it? Nuclear power reactors, uses waste in weapons, "Polices" the world, threatens the whole world with destruction unless they go along with the Paradigm of "Democracy", the almighty dollar, Petro Dollar, IMF ?

I'm not looking to paint US anything, the reality is obvious. To those that have ears and can hear…

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join