It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEC Declares Jill Stein Eligible to Receive Federal Matching Funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As the dem's and rep's slug things out we've had an interesting item occur in the third party arena. While the third party has little or no recognition, voting third party is one of the best ways to show voter rejection of the two party system and the lobbyist they support.

I have been donating and supporting Sen Sanders this election cycle. I like Sanders the candidate, but I was leery of his D in front of his name, I think the D stands for, corporately owned. The fact is I am happy with Bernie, but the big D seems to be causing trouble. HRC and the DNC have been in bed together in a plot to game and cheat Sen Sanders and his supporters out of a fair election.

So as of now I feel kind of disgusted with those damn D's or should I say the leaders of the Dem party and HRC. My plan has been to make a vote for the green party if Sen Sanders was not nominated. Now with the FEC granting Jill Stein matching funds, I am having second thoughts on donating anything more to Sanders. all because of that lousy D.

To become eligible for matching funds, candidates must raise a threshold amount of $100,000 by collecting $5,000 in 20 different states in amounts no greater than $250 from any individual. Other requirements to be declared eligible include agreeing to an overall spending limit, abiding by spending limits in each state, using public funds only for legitimate campaign-related expenses, keeping financial records and permitting an extensive campaign audit.

Based on documents filed by Jill Stein for President on March 28, 2016, contributions from the following states were verified for threshold purposes: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. All of the materials included with this submission may be viewed here. Based on Stein’s initial threshold submission, the Commission has requested that the United States Treasury make an initial payment of $100,000 to Stein’s campaign.

Once declared eligible, campaigns may submit additional contributions for matching funds on the first business day of every month. The maximum amount a primary candidate could receive is currently estimated to be about $48.01 million.

source

#NeverHillary

edit on 20-4-2016 by AlaskanDad because: clarification

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

AD...are you also feeling that Bernie can no longer take the 'D' nomination from Crooked Hillary?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

AD...are you also feeling that Bernie can no longer take the 'D' nomination from Crooked Hillary?

But Jill Stein can?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The Green Party makes Bernie Sanders look Right Wing. Jill Stein is a no go for me, but I do see the advantages to her breaking the stranglehold that the R's and D's have on the Federal dollars.

Why can't we get at least one palatable candidate in 2016?

SMH

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The numbers are getting tight, after NY and the numerous other things that point to large scale Election Fraud. The DNC's obvious favortism to Hilldog, I am once again disgusted with the Dem's.

I have felt the two party, winner take all political system is the easiest to corrupt. I would love to see our system melded into proportional representation, which would allow other parties into the system. The two party system stifles choice and breeds corruption.

My last hope is the FBI will bring forth a case against HRC and the Clinton Foundation, it seems quite likely.

The only thing I am sure of is #NeverHillary.

Funny if the D's had not gamed Bernie, I might have stayed a D. Lobbyist loving SOB's had to cheat the system and the HRC was busy swiftboating Sanders this last week. No love for the big D here, eff them!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

But Jill Stein can?

I would be one of the many throwing a protest vote and hoping to get the Greens into the debates.

Winning is not a possibility, though it might cost Hilley the election and put Trump in the hot seat.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The Green Party makes Bernie Sanders look Right Wing. Jill Stein is a no go for me, but I do see the advantages to her breaking the stranglehold that the R's and D's have on the Federal dollars.

Why can't we get at least one palatable candidate in 2016?

SMH

I know Dr Jill Stein would not run to a war in the ME, I feel is assured of ME wars with HRC.

Now if Sanders and Jill could run against the Dems, that might be fun!

edit on 20-4-2016 by AlaskanDad because: clarification

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

But Jill Stein can?

I believe AD thinks of it as a protest vote against both standard parties.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It just got worse:

Sanders will be Democrat for life, campaign says

In an interview on Bloomberg’s “With All Due Respect,” host Mark Halperin asked campaign manager Jeff Weaver if the Independent senator will stay in the Democratic Party if he doesn't become the nominee.

“Well he is a Democrat, he said he’s a Democrat and he’s gonna be supporting the Democratic nominee, whoever that is,” Weaver responded.

“But he’s a member of the Democratic Party now for life?” Halperin pressed.

“Yes he is,” Weaver said.

source

new topics

top topics

join