It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax collectors Surprise Famous Fast Food Chain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Tax "authorities" in France have surprised the famous fast food chain McDonalds.

Apparently McD has been diverting income to a shell in Luxembourg.

Now the French are billing McD for a whopping EUR 300 million !!!

Looks like everybody is getting desperate to collect tax money as the government systems continue to split at the seams.

Many people think American companies are the biggest tax dodgers even when they operate in 3rd party countries.

Next I suppose somebody will set up corporate havens in Antarctica !!!!

Tax collectors SURPRISE FAMOUS FAST FOOD CHAIN: sent them 300 million EUR bill for unpaid tax

French tax authorities have sent to McDonalds'u bill for EUR 300 million of unpaid taxes, which, they believe, the restaurant chain pulled to a branch in Luxembourg, published business magazine L'Expansion.

As the newspaper writes, reports Reuters, the tax authorities have accused the US fast food chain that it has used a subsidiary in Luxembourg - McD Europe Franchising - to redirect profits to countries with lower taxes in a way that is has excessively charged the French part of the business for the use of the brand and other services.

McDonalds France declined to comment on the latest developments in the ongoing investigation by tax authorities in France, of which first became known in 2014.

DaaHaHaHa

edit on Apr-20-2016 by xuenchen because: bongo dongo

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I'm loving It

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I guess they better sell a few more Royales with Cheese to cover the bill.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm lovin' it

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Royales avec fromage.
I took two years of French in high school, I can't stand the thought that it was a total waste... so there.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Jules will unleash his great wrath and furious anger on you for correcting him and Vincent.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Now the French are billing McD for a whopping EUR 300 million !!!

Good luck collecting it.

The money is gone.

They should collect electronically at the point of each sale, something the Mega Mickey D would never submit to.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
WHAAATT!!!! Corporate tax dodging?

How dare the French impose such fines on the Corporate, Republican, American way of life!!! McDonald's overcharged the French fair and square for that money and they deserve to keep it.

I'll tell you whut, there just ain't ant good Christian morals left in this world.

top topics

join