It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist should sue over Federally endorsed Christian Holidays.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Atheist should sue to get rid of the National holidays such as Christmas, Good Friday, and Easter because it endorses Christianity and they should sue to get rid of Halloween because it endorses Paganism and to get rid of Hanakha also.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The only Federal holiday you listed is Christmas, none of the others are recognized by the U.S. government.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hopefully one can appreciate the values associated with a holiday without subscribing to the religion that celebrates it.

Kick back and enjoy the days off.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Kick back and enjoy the days off.

Exactly. Hell ill celebrate Kwanza, Chanakuh, whatever if itll get me some extra days off

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Exactly. Hell ill celebrate Kwanza, Chanakuh, whatever if itll get me some extra days off

Same here.

I never needed a big excuse to break out the BarBQ

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I don't actually celebrate Christmas, but I sure don't mind the time off either.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm an Athiest, and I see no reason why this should be done. Why would we want less time off? Suing everything that believes in what many ahtiests consider mystisism will just make us even more resented in the eyes of evangelicals, not that I mind that part that much but other more moderate people will probably feel the same way....

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Atheist should sue to get rid of the National holidays such as Christmas, Good Friday, and Easter because it endorses Christianity and they should sue to get rid of Halloween because it endorses Paganism and to get rid of Hanakha also.

Good Friday and Easter are not federal holidays, so you propose that we submit to the minority (atheists vs all religion in this case) and get rid of holidays? Ppersonaly I do not see why anyone who want to give up a free day off even if they don't celebrate the holiday.

And besides no one is forcing them to practice the holiday.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hell! I think there sould be more religious holidays (especially in summer
). Celebrate Jesus going to the store to get milk, Mohamed's thimble collection and the Buddha's love of turtle drag racing for all I care. Just give me more days off.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let the atheists work on Christmas. Personally, I think that The Most Holy Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Junior was the biggest crook in American history, but I have never demanded to work on his holiday.

join